Naes Howard | Syracusefan.com

Naes Howard

Yep, that is him, and I would agree that it sounds like he is coming back.

Both Naes and his family loved SU, the kid had major struggles with the jump from being a HS star to "just another college football freshmen" and the expectations of players. Although he lived just down the street, he really missed being home. The Howard's seem to be wonderful people and his little sis is absolutely adorable. Hopefully he can make it back!

Both Naes and his family loved SU, the kid had major struggles with the jump from being a HS star to "just another college football freshmen" and the expectations of players. Although he lived just down the street, he really missed being home. The Howard's seem to be wonderful people and his little sis is absolutely adorable. Hopefully he can make it back!
His dad sure left a weird impression when he left the team.

my dream to play at cuse got crushed Adios with straight face emoticon

my dream to play at cuse got crushed Adios with straight face emoticon

Was that his latest tweet? If so, is he implying that he had no part in his dream getting crushed?

I just checked out his Twitter feed and answered my last question that it was him. Before he made that tweet, maybe he shouldn't have tweeted that SU football has been going downhill ever since Marrone left. Not that I think that impacted his not returning. He also had a shout out to his new coaches, so he must have some sort of landing spot.

He is a prime example of social media in the wrong hands. There is a very good chance his twitter feed alone will hold him back in life. That is 5 minutes I'll never get back.

Did you read the same twitter I did. Sounded to me like he may be back on campus already. Tweeting Trey Dunk and the rest of the fellas. Ill wait until Coach says he is or isn't. But some of these kids twitter are a cipher.

I hope that he is back. Local kid and by all accounts a good kid. I think he has a chance to be a significant contributor on specials and possibly crack the two deep in another year or so. Hope he gets a second chance

I hope that he is back. Local kid and by all accounts a good kid. I think he has a chance to be a significant contributor on specials and possibly crack the two deep in another year or so. Hope he gets a second chance

Unfortunately I think that it would be more than a second chance.

In an email to syracuse.com, Howard wrote he recently approached Babers in the parking lot adjacent to the football building and was told to "speak with the athletic director."

Last edited:
2014: Syracuse (never played)
2015: Wagner (never played).
2016: Syracuse?

I wonder if he'd be eligible immediately?

Babers wants speed...this kid has it. Maybe you switch him from saftey to receiver if Babers lets him back in the program. If I remember correctly his freshman year he was one of the three fastest players on the team.

I don't see the risk in letting him join. Its not like we'd be wasting a scholarship on him. Let him join the practice squad and earn his way back up.