Naes Howard | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Naes Howard

Would you punish a 3 year who starts a fire the same as you would a 20 year old?
The issue is do they know right from wrong.
Very few insanity defenses work.

I get it, my issue is that the knowing right from wrong as an adult should be irrelevant regardless of mental state.

Someone who is incapable of knowing right from wrong is no less a threat to society than someone who does know.

In this case I can't imagine that he didn't know right from wrong stabbing 2 ex-teammates but it's probably a case where he didn't care. Is that legally still a mental defect?

I get it, my issue is that the knowing right from wrong as an adult should be irrelevant regardless of mental state.

Someone who is incapable of knowing right from wrong is no less a threat to society than someone who does know.
If you are a danger to yourself or others due to your mental disease or defect, you can be held in a psychiatric facility.

If you are a danger to yourself or others due to your mental disease or defect, you can be held in a psychiatric facility.
I wasn't talking about me, I have a whole different set of issues.

I began writing a post, but, I couldn't finish my thought. I'm going to leave my opinion as to what should happen aside, and, just be happy that there were individuals there to prevent this situation from being worse.

Thankful that this was not a tragedy, and thankful that there are good young men in the Syracuse Program.

Wow today's stories really made it sink in for me how terrifying this situation was. I knew it was when it originally happened and was reported, but reading about it today just made a powerful impression.

I began writing a post, but, I couldn't finish my thought. I'm going to leave my opinion as to what should happen aside, and, just be happy that there were individuals there to prevent this situation from being worse.

Thankful that this was not a tragedy, and thankful that there are good young men in the Syracuse Program.
Knowing someone who had to watch over Howard while he was in jail said he is insane for sure. Things he would say was totally off the wall delusional and he has seen his fair share on the suicide watch floor/wing

Knowing someone who had to watch over Howard while he was in jail said he is insane for sure. Things he would say was totally off the wall delusional and he has seen his fair share on the suicide watch floor/wing
Dam. Hope he gets some serious help in there.

it is a miracle that Scissum is alive, a first surgery was unsuccessful, he must have lost an incredible amount of blood. So scary. Howard obviously needs a ton of help, he may take his own life sooner than later if not.

So proud to have Brisly and Kayton as members of the university and football team!!!