[Naive] final thoughts before moving on... | Syracusefan.com

[Naive] final thoughts before moving on...

El Jefe Syr

Walk On
Wouldn't the fact that SU suspended Melo right before the NCAA's (thus dramatically - but not impossibly hindering our prospects) demonstrate a high character program? Couple this with the self-reported drug-use situation and it seems that the program is operating with integrity.

Of course the fact that these things happen in the first place is unfavorable, but hey these are 18-22 year olds who make mistakes.

Though I have no evidence, I have to believe that such situations arise elsewhere, but we never hear of them. Are other schools better at sweeping things under the carpet? Or are we the only program out there who has drug infractions and academic elegibility issues.

Is it naive to believe that after the media blitz endured all season that the final conclusions will be: (a) we had a player who didn't take academics seriously enough who was punished on two occassions to the detriment of the team, (b) some drug violations were discovered and reported, and (c) our Associate Head Coach and his wife led closeted and non-traditional personal lives.

Anyways just had to vent that here and am now ready to cheer like hell. Go Orange!

We are the only school out there with an assistant coach accused of sexually abusing boys who is still walking around free and unindicted. The are a passel of "crusading journalists" who want to make their bones pinning something --- ANYTHING -- on the SU basketball program.

It shows we are either a high character program or we are covering our a$$es. Either way we screwed ourselves.

Rak City b$%ch...Lets Go!!!

those who closely follow the program might think so but for the casual fan outside of cny all they really hear is sexual abuse,drugs and poor academics. no i do not think this helps us in any way.

those who closely follow the program might think so but for the casual fan outside of cny all they really hear is sexual abuse,drugs and poor academics. no i do not think this helps us in any way.
Its all JB's masterplan. He said himself, he loves when teams negative recruit against us because we usually win those wars. JB droppin Scandal-bombs on the opponent!

Fab probably broke curfew and we have some internal policy that you can't break curfew. Don't want Pat Forde breaking that blockbuster story as well.

Fab probably broke curfew and we have some internal policy that you can't break curfew. Don't want Pat Forde breaking that blockbuster story as well.

There are more shoes to drop on the curfew issue. Guys were breaking curfew when I was at SU from '87-'91 and they were getting off with only extra wind-sprints and sitting out the first 5 minutes of a game. It was a joke how poorly a kept secret it was. Once these curfew stories come out, JB is finished as HC, because it shows a complete lack of institutional control.

Btw, I used the sarcasm font in case anyone is unsure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom