name change ?

stuckinbig11

All Conference
In listening to JW in the press conference and reading the Chancellor's announcement, the terms "Dome" and "venue" and "stadium" were used, but I did find "Carrier" anywhere. Maybe I missed it or maybe a name change is in the works.

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Staff member
From Brent Axe:

"Syracuse officials dodged my question about whether the building will still be considered a Dome and if Carrier will still have naming rights going forward. There will be lawyers."

HSPORANGE

Scout Team
From Brent Axe:

"Syracuse officials dodged my question about whether the building will still be considered a Dome and if Carrier will still have naming rights going forward. There will be lawyers."
I think and hope that when it's all said and done the name will remain the Carrier Dome for a yearly naming rights fee paid by Carrier.

I'm not sure any company is going to want to get into a ugly public legal battle with Carrier. It might have to sit 'sponsor less' for a few years before someone touches it and the price we get ends up being underwhelming. Can't imagine Carrier will give us that much to re-up either. Honestly if we can squeeze 50 mil out of them to extend the lifetime agreement I'd take it.

jgeorge322

All American
I'm not sure any company is going to want to get into a ugly public legal battle with Carrier. It might have to sit 'sponsor less' for a few years before someone touches it and the price we get ends up being underwhelming. Can't imagine Carrier will give us that much to re-up either. Honestly if we can squeeze 50 mil out of them to extend the lifetime agreement I'd take it.
No its mutually exclusive. Either university terminates the carrier contract and gets a new sponsor, or it cant.

Top Bottom