name change ? | Syracusefan.com

name change ?

stuckinbig11

All American
In listening to JW in the press conference and reading the Chancellor's announcement, the terms "Dome" and "venue" and "stadium" were used, but I did find "Carrier" anywhere. Maybe I missed it or maybe a name change is in the works.

Well it's the Carrier Dome for life...

until it's not a dome anymore... which should be Fall of 2020.

Welcome to Ephesus Arena!

From Brent Axe:

"Syracuse officials dodged my question about whether the building will still be considered a Dome and if Carrier will still have naming rights going forward. There will be lawyers."

From Brent Axe:

"Syracuse officials dodged my question about whether the building will still be considered a Dome and if Carrier will still have naming rights going forward. There will be lawyers."
I think and hope that when it's all said and done the name will remain the Carrier Dome for a yearly naming rights fee paid by Carrier.

Lots of discussion about this on the football board.

Somehow the Rheem Dome doesn't have the same ring.

Why do people seem to think a new roof made with different material is no longer a dome?

Thunderdome

Goldome for those how used to bank in Buffalo in the 80s

I'm not sure any company is going to want to get into a ugly public legal battle with Carrier. It might have to sit 'sponsor less' for a few years before someone touches it and the price we get ends up being underwhelming. Can't imagine Carrier will give us that much to re-up either. Honestly if we can squeeze 50 mil out of them to extend the lifetime agreement I'd take it.

I'm not sure any company is going to want to get into a ugly public legal battle with Carrier. It might have to sit 'sponsor less' for a few years before someone touches it and the price we get ends up being underwhelming. Can't imagine Carrier will give us that much to re-up either. Honestly if we can squeeze 50 mil out of them to extend the lifetime agreement I'd take it.
No its mutually exclusive. Either university terminates the carrier contract and gets a new sponsor, or it cant.

Funny how the name might change after the building finally gets air conditioning.

You just made me laugh out loud around total strangers who are now looking at me like I’m Charles Manson. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom