Nancy Cantor | Syracusefan.com

Nancy Cantor

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a peach, how proud the university must be to have someone so grounded.

“You have to know who you’re dealing with and be thoughtful”

Did you just say that to a police officer trying to correctly do their job?

Boy, Queen Nancy has porked up since leaving Syracuse. :rolleyes:

Can you imagine if she was a person of color? She might be dead. Getting out of the car is typically described as "an agressive action". At a minimum she would be in cuffs with her face in the pavement

Her two friends/coworkers were arguably equally disruptive and out of line and handled as professionally by the police officers

Boy, Queen Nancy has porked up since leaving Syracuse. :rolleyes:
Whether it is true or not, that comment is ridiculous. Why do men have to hurl nasty comments at women regarding their looks when they dissaprove of them? I didn't care for her either bro, but lets not take what little progress we have made as a society towards how we treat women back another 40 years. That was akin to a line from Mad Men. Congrats.

Thought I saw her in Soho a few weeks ago... not so sure now!

Whether it is true or not, that comment is ridiculous. Why do men have to hurl nasty comments at women regarding their looks when they dissaprove of them? I didn't care for her either bro, but lets not take what little progress we have made as a society towards how we treat women back another 40 years. That was akin to a line from Mad Men. Congrats.

Eh, some people make the same jokes about men when they gain a lot of weight.

I don’t think it’s a gender thing.

You don’t think people would be cracking jokes about GRob putting on 20, if that happened?

Context matters. Women have been objectified by men since forever. Demeaning a woman for her weight is substantially different than commenting on a man’s weight.

It’s pretty easy to mock a hundred different things about that video than having to resort to “dude, she’s fat”.

Exactly.
Context matters. Women have been objectified by men since forever. Demeaning a woman for her weight is substantially different than commenting on a man’s weight.

It’s pretty easy to mock a hundred different things about that video than having to resort to “dude, she’s fat”.

Context matters.

Not sure that’s actually true. I think that line of thinking makes it more common to make those kinds of jokes towards men though.

It’s equally inappropriate either way, especially when the persons behavior is what should be getting ripped on.

Not sure that’s actually true. I think that line of thinking makes it more common to make those kinds of jokes towards men though.

It’s equally inappropriate either way, especially when the persons behavior is what should be getting ripped on.

What’s not true? I’ll drop it, but this board can do better than making fat jokes about women.

Your last paragraph is all that was need to say really. People need to stop defending this kind of commentary.

What’s not true? I’ll drop it, but this board can do better than making fat jokes about women.

That it’s necessarily “different” saying it about a woman or man. That’s kind of accepted line of thinking, but not sure it should be. It’s inappropriate either way.

It's like how it is OK to say all cops are racist.

That "I'm the CHANCELLOR!" part is pure shadenfreude gold. The crazed look in her eyes is just splendid. Rules don't apply to important people like her, duh.

It was so over the top, it felt like something out of a movie. Pure comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom