2020 NASCAR | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2020 NASCAR

I am not a motorhead or NASCAR fan but did watch the last few laps yesterday and wonder if the overtime start needs to be looked at. That seemed like a disaster waiting to happen and sadly it was.

just slow the cars on the big tracks down and make them harder to drive.. that would make the packs smaller and less big accidents. once they get the speed back down to 150-175 the wrecks would be much easier to manage and thats still crazy fast. if the cars were harder to manage the better driver would win and there would be a ton more passing which is what people want to see more than 180 laps of follow the leader

just slow the cars on the big tracks down and make them harder to drive.. that would make the packs smaller and less big accidents. once they get the speed back down to 150-175 the wrecks would be much easier to manage and thats still crazy fast. if the cars were harder to manage the better driver would win and there would be a ton more passing which is what people want to see more than 180 laps of follow the leader

Slowing the cars down is what causes big packs in the first place.

They run spacers on the manifolds at Daytona and Talladega to keep the speeds under 200 mph. But by restricting horsepower, nobody can pass each other unless two cars bump draft, so all the cars get bunched up.

Racing at Charlotte or any of the other 1.5 mi tracks is totally different. Cars get more spread out and there are less "Big Ones".

they cant pass because they put too much down force in the cars and once you get to a speed like that they just stick together.. there is a reason they never ran in these packs 30 yrs ago

they cant pass because they put too much down force in the cars and once you get to a speed like that they just stick together.. there is a reason they never ran in these packs 30 yrs ago

NASCAR started using restrictor plates in 1988.

Or about 30 years ago.

yah im old.. im thinking 70s-80s' but thats way more than 30. im still feeling like 2000 just happened i guess.

1582131603334.png

from life threatening to out of the hospital in under 48 hrs ? Did he even have a concussion?

drastic results from an outburst. Not understanding the context on why that word would pop into his head in a moment like this playing a game?

different culture I guess.

drastic results from an outburst. Not understanding the context on why that word would pop into his head in a moment like this playing a game?

Time for him to play up the bi-racial card to get himself a 2nd chance somewhere. I'm sure Tony will give him a job at Stewart-Haas by the start of next year. Tony is definitely a 2nd chance guy and Haas sponsors his own cars often enough.

Ever since online gaming started to become a huge thing people could sit behind a gamertag (screen name) and say whatever the hell they wanted, anonymously. The things you'd hear from kids that sounded like they were 11, was insane. Swear words, insults, racial slurs, death threats.. in almost every match. Iracing is different, where your actual name shows up on the screen. I think Kyle simply forgot that fact. It would be interesting to hear from people who have played other games with him, if that word is used frequently. I'd bet it is.

I've been running Iracing for a few years now to help get me through these crazy winters. As someone who grew up racing, this simulation is as close to the real thing as you can get, without going out and purchasing an actual car (which I'd like to do again once I get back to the lower 48). It's expensive, but already well less than my bar bill would be if that was all I had to do in the winter lol. The increase in users during this quarantine has been a bummer. Went from a bunch of folks who were serious about racing, and improving their skills, to just a bunch of bored idiots with money that want to play a fun game.

I haven't been in the same race as any pros yet, but my seat time has actually decreased during the quarantine, as it seems like all I do is work anymore.

I will say that racing is making out better than any sport during this shut down. Can't go to the track, boom, turn on your tv and watch these guys race from their living room. A guy I used to race with back in the day is making a killing hosting Iracing events for local dirt tracks around the north east. Pretty wild

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom