Nassau, Bahamas | Syracusefan.com

Nassau, Bahamas

Shrmdougluvr

Give it all to me fool!
Going to book some time next February at the Grand Hyatt. Debating between booking 6 nights or 7. Is there stuff to do with kids on the island (excursion-wise)?

Going to book some time next February at the Grand Hyatt. Debating between booking 6 nights or 7. Is there stuff to do with kids on the island (excursion-wise)?
My only experience in Nassau was going there for Spring Break in '88. There was a robbery in the room down the hall. The room next door had human excrement in a dresser drawer. My friend wanted me to hook her up with Todd Philcox. Overall, a pretty memorable experience, considering I was mostly in a state where remembering things was difficult!

Sorry that this is no help whatsoever!

If you like being hassled on every street corner for money, and ripped off for every single meal/activity/etc., Nassau is your place.

Sorry Sherm, but I'd almost go anywhere else but Nassau.
1678920742098.gif

If you like being hassled on every street corner for money, and ripped off for every single meal/activity/etc., Nassau is your place.

Sorry Sherm, but I'd almost go anywhere else but Nassau. View attachment 226051
I have more rewards points than I know what to do with. The Grand Hyatt there is a good redemption value. I’m open to suggestions. It has to be hot, near the ocean, and family friendly.

We’ve stayed at the Westin Seven Mile Beach (Grand Cayman) and the Hyatt Regency Aruba, and enjoyed both. We tend to alternate between beach days and pool days and like to mix in half day excursions/activities.

I was looking at St Thomas too but didn’t see a point redemption option yet.

Also, we’re not big drinkers/eaters so we’ve stayed away from all inclusive.

We’ve stayed at the Westin Seven Mile Beach (Grand Cayman) and the Hyatt Regency Aruba, and enjoyed both. We tend to alternate between beach days and pool days and like to mix in half day excursions/activities.

I was looking at St Thomas too but didn’t see a point redemption option yet.

Also, we’re not big drinkers/eaters so we’ve stayed away from all inclusive.
just went to aruba in february for my 5th time. All others need not apply

I'm going to Nassau (Cove Atlantis) in a few weeks, have been to the Rosewood at Baja Mar. I find it good for quick and easy getaway from Atlanta. also going to Aruba next month, which I prefer to Nassau. Never stayed at the Cove so I will let you know how it is. Baja Mar was good, but the service was pretty poor which I am now hearing may just be an island thing more than the location. You can use the water park for the kids at Atlantis with a day pass. there is also a dolphin experience a short 5 minute boat ride from Baja Mar, but is isn't the best. Pools are great and beach is obviously right there. that said for kids I would struggle to fill 7 days there. Im going for 4 nights and that feels like the best length of time at least for my family.

I'm going to Nassau (Cove Atlantis) in a few weeks, have been to the Rosewood at Baja Mar. I find it good for quick and easy getaway from Atlanta. also going to Aruba next month, which I prefer to Nassau. Never stayed at the Cove so I will let you know how it is. Baja Mar was good, but the service was pretty poor which I am now hearing may just be an island thing more than the location. You can use the water park for the kids at Atlantis with a day pass. there is also a dolphin experience a short 5 minute boat ride from Baja Mar, but is isn't the best. Pools are great and beach is obviously right there. that said for kids I would struggle to fill 7 days there. Im going for 4 nights and that feels like the best length of time at least for my family.

This would be the Hyatt Baha Mar. I know there's a water park that is free. Ocean looks nice. Just don't know what else there is to do? In Aruba you can do jeep tours, sunset cruises, butterfly farm etc. In Grand Cayman we did the turtle sanctuary, stingray city, stuff like that. The timeframe you provide is helpful.

This would be the Hyatt Baha Mar. I know there's a water park that is free. Ocean looks nice. Just don't know what else there is to do? In Aruba you can do jeep tours, sunset cruises, butterfly farm etc. In Grand Cayman we did the turtle sanctuary, stingray city, stuff like that. The timeframe you provide is helpful.
There are a few excursions to Exuma by boat to swim with pigs. Plenty of snorkeling. I have heard the Hyatt is great.

There are a few excursions to Exuma by boat to swim with pigs. Plenty of snorkeling. I have heard the Hyatt is great.

I just took the plunge - 6 night/5 days. As long as there is sun, sand, ocean, and a great pool, we'll survive. ;) Booked it with points. Saved like $4500 on the room (and got over $.04 per point which is a great redemption in this day).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom