Nassau or Montego Bay? | Syracusefan.com

Nassau or Montego Bay?

Montego Bay fan here - that said it's been a while so no idea what the covid etc world has been like. I like Nassau too just enjoyed the Jamaican experience better with better selection of quieter resorts.

My vote, even though I've never been there is Montego Bay.

Went to Nassau once. Never again. Hated it. Hit up constantly for handouts when walking down any street. Hideously overpriced restaurants. I get that tourism is the main source of income there, but, at least for me, it was onerous.
1644852127996.gif

My vote, even though I've never been there is Montego Bay.

Went to Nassau once. Never again. Hated it. Hit up constantly for handouts when walking down any street. Hideously overpriced restaurants. I get that tourism is the main source of income there, but, at least for me, it was onerous. View attachment 214074

Good points here. You will run into pushy vendors in Montego Bay as well. When I was there last they would set up a marketplace every week for those vendors and that seemed to really help so that they weren't coming up to you on surfboards non stop. When we did excursions they stopped in the marketplaces as well so they did a good job getting tourism money into locals hands.

Now for free roaming I'm not a fan of either place given the constant badgering you will get but always found most resorts do a solid job providing opportunities to get around town while also enjoying the resort seclusion for when you want it.

Went to Nassau once, didn't care for it at all. Seeing as most vacation spots have beautiful water and beaches, most of what I end up caring about is food and culture based. Only a handful of places that I've been to that I have no real interest in going back to. There, San Juan, Aruba and Havana are probably the list and even Havana I still have a little itch to try again with more knowledge going in.

Went to Nassau on Spring Break in college. It was pretty dirty and I didn’t feel all that safe. I’d choose Montego Bay even though I know very little about it.

Actually it looks like we're going to New Orleans.
Excellent choice. Far and away my favorite city in the country.

Any suggestions on where to stay, things to do?
There's a long post somewhere on this forum about it. I'll go search it out.

Found it.

Found it.

Yikes :)

Booked this beauty in the Garden District.

Enjoy and report back!

Think I may have stayed there before. Can't tell for sure because there are numerous in the GD and all are somewhat similar. Just remember being there when Otto Porter torched us and I was super angry and had me a night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom