Nassib and the draft | Syracusefan.com

Nassib and the draft

Crusty

Living Legend
Checking out some site and those that have rated 2013 QB prospects have Nassib between 6th and 15th.
Some who do not have lists posted are talking 2nd round and rising.

I have no idea how he will grade out physically, but if Hackett is correct Ryan will amaze coaches who get him in a room and ask him to break down a pro-style offense. I wouldn't be surprised to see his stock rise once those interviews take place.

It still bothers me that after 5 years, he still sinks his passes to receivers' knees at every screen pass. He has made some great, NFL-like throws this season but some of his repeated mistakes kills me.

lets just hope skill this has been passed on to the rest of the QB on the roster

THIS +1000
I'm hoping that next year's starter (Charlie GQ) gets ALOT of run with the 1st team over these next 15 practices. I'm hoping we hit the ground running in the spring.

This draft will be fun. Nice to have so many SU players involved. With Ryan, Alec, possibly Justin (hope not), Shamarko, maybe Sales and a couple others, it will be worth watching.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Saints draft Ryan - Chase Daniel is not the answer..

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Saints draft Ryan - Chase Daniel is not the answer..

Yep, in like the 3rd round... Marrone, Carmichael and Payton I'm sure are having discussions about him. Likely have been for awhile. He will have the highest football IQ out of the QB's in this draft.

I vote that Belichick takes him in late round 2 and he sits idle behind Brady for the next 2-3 years.

I vote that Belichick takes him in late round 2 and he sits idle behind Brady for the next 2-3 years.

I'm not too sure. I've heard the Pats love Mallet. He will be the heir there.

Yep, in like the 3rd round... Marrone, Carmichael and Payton I'm sure are having discussions about him. Likely have been for awhile. He will have the highest football IQ out of the QB's in this draft.
im sorry, and i wish nothing but the best for nassib, but i just have a hard time believing theres been an NFL caliber QB under center all year.

im glad smart people say hes got the brain for it, just dont see the 'it' for it.

theres 32 starting QBs hes not 1 of them.

theres 32 backup jobs, id be shocked if a team went into a year with him as #2.

then, my guess is, theres about 20 3rd string or taxi squad guys out there (for example the Giants have 2 QBs, periloux didnt even get the courtesy of being cut/resigned to the taxi squad 15x this year) i dont follow the bottom rungs of QB depth charts to know exactly how many there is or what kind of turnover ratio is out there, but if we pump that 3rd rung up to 32...thats 96 jobs total.

ill be damned if 1 of those is his. but i guess orlovsky had a career, so hes got that going for him.
:noidea:

It still bothers me that after 5 years, he still sinks his passes to receivers' knees at every screen pass. He has made some great, NFL-like throws this season but some of his repeated mistakes kills me.

Mcnabb did the same thing even when a vet in the pros. He never had touch on short passes. Isn't a deal breaker in the NFL.

The kid has a cannon and has a thorough understanding of a well used NFL style offense. I'm guessing he finds a home.

Mcnabb did the same thing even when a vet in the pros. He never had touch on short passes. Isn't a deal breaker in the NFL.
The difference, or at least one of the differences, is that McNabb was a phenomenal athlete who could extend plays and scramble for big gains like few other QBs in history (before he decided he needed to become a pocket passer and gave up that aspect of his game). Ryan is a decent athlete who can get four or five yards here and there, but not enough to make up for some of his shortcomings to the same extent.

I don't think Ryan will ever start a game in the NFL, but I think he could be a backup for four or five years. Nothing wrong with that.

I've said since the beginning of this season that N.O. will most likely take Ryan. I am betting that Payton has been keeping an eye on him in his "free time". If Doug thinks his best ball is ahead of him I would not be surprised to see him drafted in the 3rd.

Like Jack Bauer said, Ryan Mallett is the future when Brady is gone... although that might not be for a while.

If nfl gms had brains in their heads, they'd waste more picks on players that matter the most and get by with UFAs where there's less gap between average and good.

it requires some humility to admit that your odds of finding 1 qb who can play are better if you bring in more than 1, rather than pretending like you can just pick the 1 you KNOW is the one.

i don't think nassib can succeed in the nfl but he's worth a pick.

If nfl gms had brains in their heads, they'd waste more picks on players that matter the most and get by with UFAs where there's less gap between average and good.

it requires some humility to admit that your odds of finding 1 qb who can play are better if you bring in more than 1, rather than pretending like you can just pick the 1 you KNOW is the one.

i don't think nassib can succeed in the nfl but he's worth a pick.
I still can't believe RBs are drafted in the first round. It's silly. Hence why Belichick hasn't used a 1st rounder on an RB since Maroney back in 03. Same with CBs, and same with WRs. Not worth a 1st rounder unless they are a once in a lifetime talent.

I still can't believe RBs are drafted in the first round. It's silly. Hence why Belichick hasn't used a 1st rounder on an RB since Maroney back in 03. Same with CBs, and same with WRs. Not worth a 1st rounder unless they are a once in a lifetime talent.

the bills have the formula.

get a really good running back in free agency from out of nowhere.

then draft a running back at 11 even though the RB you already have is your best player.

then take away carries from the really good running back to give to the guy you drafted and suffer while he learns the ropes.

then once that guy you drafted develops into a great running back, limit his carries so that your crappy qb can throw 40 times.

then draft a running back at 11 even though the RB you already have is your best player.

then take away carries from the really good running back to give to the guy you drafted and suffer while he learns the ropes.

then once that guy you drafted develops into a great running back, limit his carries so that your crappy qb can throw 40 times.

And toss about 10 picks in the process ... while trying to hit a receiver who was drafted real late but at times plays like a stud while all those defensive backs you also grabbed with high picks and can't retain go west to San Fran. Ugh ... :bang:

they do know how to create a fighting environment in the stands. always sunday funday fight club at Ralph.

Nassib will go Top 60 at the very least. I wouldn't be shocked to see him grabbed in the late first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom