Nassib now 43rd/4th QB on CBS Sports | Syracusefan.com

Nassib now 43rd/4th QB on CBS Sports

certainly could only help Hackett recruit that position going forward - hope it happens

certainly could only help Hackett recruit that position going forward - hope it happens
Developing a two star into a second round pick is a great credential for the staff, particularly Hackett. If we start out next season with a better start than this year, we could definitely start getting a decent recruiting buzz.

NFL CBA calls for $480,000 rookies minimum salaries for 2013. The guaranteed money is probably $1.5 to $2 million for a second rounder. If this is not accurate please correct me.

Similar to Chandler last year, Ryan could climb into the first round this year.

NFL CBA calls for $480,000 rookies minimum salaries for 2013. The guaranteed money is probably $1.5 to $2 million for a second rounder. If this is not accurate please correct me.
The only QB taken in the 2nd Round (57th overall) in the 2012 NFL Draft was Brock Osweiler from Arizona State. According to the Denver Post, he received a four-year contract worth roughly $3.1 million that included a signing bonus of $997,584. Osweiler will receive a $390,000 salary this year; $480,000 in 2013; $570,000 in 2014 and $660,000 in 2015.

Not a bad deal.

Wait until he gets a chance to show what he knows at the Combine, assuming he gets an invite. He should score well on the Wonderlic as well.

He can bench 400lbs, so he'll nail the strength portion...atleast he ought to.

Similar to Chandler last year, Ryan could climb into the first round this year.
another 1st round declaration.

you sir, have won yourself a rickshaw ride to the away game of your choice too. u just have to pick after nirvana.

2 down, 3 to go...

what the hell, ill add the state ped game as well.

if nassib goes in the 1st round, im gonna lose a lot of weight this fall.

Oh Lord

His best asset will be during the interviews when coaches ask him to break down a pro style offense. Will give him a major stock boost.

There are 4 teams that have an absolute/positive/undeniable first round need at QB...Jets, KC, Arizona and Jacksonville.

There are another half dozen squads that have potential needs.

All-in-all, this isn't a bad year to come out as a strong armed quarterback that understands a pro system.

Developing a two star into a second round pick is a great credential for the staff, particularly Hackett. If we start out next season with a better start than this year, we could definitely start getting a decent recruiting buzz.

I'm not saying you WERE saying this...just pointing something out:

Ryan worked his butt off here. He is a smart kid who is very self-aware and worked really hard. So while I am all for giving credit to the Staff, I also want to give a lot of credit to a kid who worked real hard to get better.

44cuse

The teams with QB needs KC, Jets, Buffalo, Oakland, Arizona, Philly(If they don't love Foles) will be at the top of the draft. I m sorry but Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Aaron Murray aren't franchise QBs those team will trade back up into the late first round or trade down and draft a QB. That is why somebody like Nassib could go 28th-32th via a trade at the end of the first round. At worst Nassib will go 2nd-3rd round.

The kids is not an NFL first round QB. His best path would be go middle rounds to Broncos', Saints, or Pats. Teams with ageing QB's but no immediate needs. All systems that fit in with his skill set.

I would love to see him back up Peyton! I live in Chiefs country and the y need a QB in the worst way.

I'm not saying you WERE saying this...just pointing something out:

Ryan worked his butt off here. He is a smart kid who is very self-aware and worked really hard. So while I am all for giving credit to the Staff, I also want to give a lot of credit to a kid who worked real hard to get better.

44cuse
Certainly was not saying that and I join you in giving great credit to Ryan for working hard and putting up with all of us!

There are 4 teams that have an absolute/positive/undeniable first round need at QB...Jets, KC, Arizona and Jacksonville.

There are another half dozen squads that have potential needs.

All-in-all, this isn't a bad year to come out as a strong armed quarterback that understands a pro system.

Please dear god let Buffalo draft a QB. I don't care who. I don't even care if they don't have arms. I just don't want to see Fitzpatrick ever start for the Buffalo Bills ever again. Ever.

...I don't like Fitzpatrick.

Please dear god let Buffalo draft a QB. I don't care who. I don't even care if they don't have arms. I just don't want to see Fitzpatrick ever start for the Buffalo Bills ever again. Ever.

...I don't like Fitzpatrick.

Be careful what you ask for, you might get it. God has a sense of humor and Buffalo has not done well in the draft, not a good combination to tempt fate with. Just sayin'...

That said, Nassib would be good there, He is already used to the weather, knows how to deal with fan expectations and has been abused as a passer, though this season, he may have gotten a little soft.

Be careful what you ask for, you might get it. God has a sense of humor and Buffalo has not done well in the draft, not a good combination to tempt fate with. Just sayin'...

That said, Nassib would be good there, He is already used to the weather, knows how to deal with fan expectations and has been abused as a passer, though this season, he may have gotten a little soft.
Not sure how used to playing in the weather though... he plays mostly inside...

The kids is not an NFL first round QB. His best path would be go middle rounds to Broncos', Saints, or Pats. Teams with ageing QB's but no immediate needs. All systems that fit in with his skill set.

Normally I would agree with you but we have a really interesting draft situation, So many open QB positions yet so little skill at the position this year. I cannot think of a year where the draft has been absolutely devoid of solid QB talent.

That being said, Ryan is a headcase. There is no way he could possibly start for a team week 1, if he can shake some of his mental issues(by mental i am speaking in purely football context) during game time then he will be a decent NFL QB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom