Nassib & Pugh... | Syracusefan.com

Nassib & Pugh...

I wonder if that would be enough to keep Pugh in school one more year. Probably not, but you never know.

I wonder if that would be enough to keep Pugh in school one more year. Probably not, but you never know.
going to the jets?

If Pugh has a ceiling of the 3rd round this year, I really hope that's enough to sway him to come back. If he puts in another good year, he should be a lock for late 1st round/early 2nd round next year as one of the best OT's in the '14 draft.

Would anyone be surprised to see Nassib go mid 2nd round to a team like the Steelers?

the bigger issue is that someone projected 3rd could move up 20-30 slots and maybe get into the 2nd if things work great.. but those players also could drop several rounds. he still would make 400K though as a minimum if he makes a roster but the salary guarantees would drop siginificantly

I really hope he doesn't go somewhere like Philly or the Jets because he's set up to fail if he does. He needs to go to a place with an established QB where he can learn for a year or two, tear it up in preseason, and get a long term deal elsewhere.

For what it's worth, I've seen a few mocks that have Nassib going in the 2nd round. One of them had him to the Jets in the 2nd.

I think a team will end up reaching on him just because of the whole "late bloomer" thing. Teams love that. A 2 star recruit that was a projected 6th or 7th rounder going into the year and is now a possible 1st or 2nd rounder? Teams love taking guys that are figuring it out at the right time.

Pugh will pretty much be fine wherever he goes but I hope that Nassib doesn't go to a mess of a franchise like the Jets unless they make some serious moves in the front office and on the field. I want him to go to an organization that has a clue on how to run it's business.

Imagine if Tampa Bay drafts him?

Pugh will pretty much be fine wherever he goes but I hope that Nassib doesn't go to a mess of a franchise like the Jets unless they make some serious moves in the front office and on the field. I want him to go to an organization that has a clue on how to run it's business.

Imagine if Tampa Bay drafts him?

There's no way that Tampa Bay would draft a QB that early. They already have Freeman and they need to draft as many CBs and linemen as they can.

There's no way that Tampa Bay would draft a QB that early. They already have Freeman and they need to draft as many CBs and linemen as they can.

I don't know their situation but are they solid at back up and also, they may like the way the Redskins did it and had a solid backup. Just thinking out loud...or rather with words on a screen.

I don't know their situation but are they solid at back up and also, they may like the way the Redskins did it and had a solid backup. Just thinking out loud...or rather with words on a screen.

They have Orlovsky as the backup, who isn't very good, but I'd be very surprised if they went with a backup QB that early in the draft with all of their needs. For the 2nd straight year, they basically don't have any starters left on their offensive line and their defensive ends are all injury prone and or free agents after this season. And that's not even getting into their biggest need which is to draft 1204019854213 cornerbacks and hope a couple of them can cover.

Their biggest needs are probably:
1. CB
2. Offensive Line
3. Defensive End
4. FS to replace Ronde when he retires
5. TE
6. Backup QB

So what your are saying is they will take a qb in the second round then? ;)

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ryan is available in the 3rd or 4th rounds a team already set at qb will grab him, especially if he falls farther down.

A perfect paradox, root for Nasib but hate their coach? Root for the team scores 40 a game but still losses?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom