Nasty smell | Syracusefan.com

Nasty smell

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
Coming from my car this past week. Couldn't figure out what it was, thought maybe it was the bottles and cans i had in here that i returned last week. So i cleaned the seats and put in a air freshner. Smell still remained but wasnt as strong. So today i actually searched for a culprit and i looked under my jumper cables case and there it was 2 big squash i had in here for months that froze and began to thaw that stunk so bad it reminded of how I feel when i think about Jaime Dixon and the Pitt team.

Coming from my car this past week. Couldn't figure out what it was, thought maybe it was the bottles and cans i had in here that i returned last week. So i cleaned the seats and put in a air freshner. Smell still remained but wasnt as strong. So today i actually searched for a culprit and i looked under my jumper cables case and there it was 2 big squash i had in here for months that froze and began to thaw that stunk so bad it reminded of how I feel when i think about Jaime Dixon and the Pitt team.
I thought for sure by the thread title you had just got done taking a Pitt.

This reminded me of the scene from "Grumpy Old Men" with the dead fish in the car.
image.jpg

OMG rotted squash smells like death.
We had a cookout at my bro-in-law's on Labor Day. They gave my wife a big 'ole squash from their garden. Welp, I found it in the trunk underneath kids playground stuff 4-5 wks later. At least we only had 1~

Does anyone remember the original old school McDonald's on Erie blvd in Dewitt? I think i found a petrified French fry from that exact store a couple weeks ago.
used to bug my Dad relentlessly coming back from Manley until he would stop and get me a cheeseburger...& fries! (didn't free fries switch to Burger King at some point?)

used to bug my Dad relentlessly coming back from Manley until he would stop and get me a cheeseburger...& fries! (didn't free fries switch to Burger King at some point?)
Yup. I remember walking down the hill to the Burger King on Marshall st for free fries

Love the segue at the end!

One summer when I was a student, the most horrid stench of decay appeared in my car. I literally thought it was a dead body. Turned out it was dead fish that had been rotting in a hot, enclosed car for a week. My father had borrowed my car to go fishing ... and some of his catch wound up under the front passenger seat... where they remained until they made their presence known.

Last edited:
One summer when I was a student, the most horrid smell of decay appeared in my car. I literally thought it was a dead body. Turned out it was dead fish that had been marinating in a hot, enclosed car for a week. My father had borrowed my car to go fishing ... and some of his catch wound up under the front passenger seat... where they remained until they made their presence known.

When I was in grade school, we were encouraged to bring stuff in for show and tell. Had just returned from a trip to Cape Cod with the family and brought in various sea creatures. The teacher didn't get to me and I ended up leaving the sea creature stuff in my desk over a week and a half vacation. You can fill in the rest of the story:)

The worst I ever heard of was a friend of my fathers spreading a package of Liederkranz cheese on someone's engine block. I believe there was another man and his wife involved. :rolleyes:
For those that are not familiar with that cheese, the best way I can describe the smell at room temperature is eau de cat sht. I can't imagine it at auto engine temp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom