Class of 2016 - Nathan Rourke - Offerless QB from Alabama | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Nathan Rourke - Offerless QB from Alabama

What the heck was the name of that QB from New Mexico last year who had the same sort of thing going on? I feel the sudden urge to look him up and see what he did over the last year...

That was exactly who I was thinking of too.

Easton Bruere. Chose Butler Community College, but he's not listed on their roster.

Looks like per his twitter account that he was complaining about the internet speed at Butler in October but no football mentioned during what would've been the entire season.

The kid looks pretty good on film. I think he was under duress on every play they had on there. Certainly is mobile, made a couple of sick moves.

I think this offer may have answered a few questions.

And Ziembec is a four star. Give me a break! This kid has good vision and nice touch on the ball...and escapeabilty

He played at the high school my brother teaches at in Oakville Ontario.

Amazing player.

He's got really happy feet,but his O-line terrible. He also has a funny hop on his release, but the kid really does have a pretty strong arm and is pretty accurate as a thrower. That being said,they way he carries that ball around I bet he has twice the fumbles at interceptions.

He played at the high school my brother teaches at in Oakville Ontario.

Amazing player.
Is there any good O-lineman up there on that team as whoever gets him they might need a few to understand that Canadian Accent when he audibles;)

Last edited:
Maybe he has some clearinghouse issues with core classes not transferring. from Canada to Bama ? That's the only reason I can think of for having zero offers.

Seems like SS staff would be all over this kid, not sure about Dino's staff

Would love to offer and keep our diamond in the Alabama rough streak going.

I remember hearing about this kid now. The school he goes to is like 15 minutes from where I live. The local TV station did a bit on him with his parents. They wanted to get him noticed his senior year. I know the school he just finished up his season with has around 70 game winning streak. Here is another article that I just mentioned above -

http://www.wsfa.com/story/30110811/...-quarterback-transitions-to-american-football

Little off topic but cannot believe he did not receive one single offer !!!

Since my Andrew Ford campaign failed I'm all in on the Irish- Canadian. This kid is worthy of at least a redshirt.

I thought the board already decided that a QB with a LSU offer/commit wasn't good enough to play here? I'm sure a D-2 school or AAC school could find a way to work around any clearinghouse issues coming from Canada, can't be that complicated.

So no offers, maybe no college coach thinks he's very good at the college level?

I thought the board already decided that a QB with a LSU offer/commit wasn't good enough to play here? I'm sure a D-2 school or AAC school could find a way to work around any clearinghouse issues coming from Canada, can't be that complicated.

So no offers, maybe no college coach thinks he's very good at the college level?

None thought Carson Wentz was either. Guys get missed constantly, even in the age of technology.

Some guy named Aaron Rodgers also wasn't good enough.

qdawgg said:

Yeah well not the whole board I wanted Scott here 100%. I have been thinking about the QB height thing following signing day though and seeing the dimensions of the speedy (4.4 40etc) but smaller slot recievers (5-9 to 5-11) coupled with the OL size (6-5 to 6-7) I'm at least understanding the perspective they are taking. If you have a Qb below 6-0 it eliminates many of the fast 2-8 yard over the middle throws that depend on reciever speed, a lazer throw and YAC to be devistating in this offense. Harumph but I'm still upset about missing on Scott.

None thought Carson Wentz was either. Guys get missed constantly, even in the age of technology.

Guys get missed at times, or develop significantly under very good coaching once in college. The stats show that if you are a 0 - 1 star, statistically you have almost no shot of making the NFL. Sure there are outliers but that doesn't prove a lot.

Regardless, your response and cuse309's have nothing to do with the point of my post.

Yeah well not the whole board I wanted Scott here 100%. I have been thinking about the QB height thing following signing day though and seeing the dimensions of the speedy (4.4 40etc) but smaller slot recievers (5-9 to 5-11) coupled with the OL size (6-5 to 6-7) I'm at least understanding the perspective they are taking. If you have a Qb below 6-0 it eliminates many of the fast 2-8 yard over the middle throws that depend on reciever speed, a lazer throw and YAC to be devistating in this offense. Harumph but I'm still upset about missing on Scott.
id dungey is as good as many hope then the Scott thing becomes a non issue.. 3 years from now we hopefully have recruited over him. if we have injuries then who knows, but culpepper is more highly rated in any case.