NBA Draft Tonight | Syracusefan.com

NBA Draft Tonight

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Where do our two guys go?

Have heard rumblings that McCullough might go at the end of the 1st round - but more than likely both players go in the 2nd.

Nets are a possible destination for McCullough. Will be interesting to see what transpires.

I'm hoping at least one goes first round.

Every year they say that like 50 players that "could be first rounders" though. So we'll see.

Doesn't he feel like a perfect Spurs pick/steal?

Possibly but I think if he didn't go to SU this wouldn't be as much of a prevailing opinion. He can definitely help a team though. And they may b e trading Splitter to make some room for Aldridge, which could make some minutes at the 5 available.

Possibly but I think if he didn't go to SU this wouldn't be as much of a prevailing opinion. He can definitely help a team though. And they may b e trading Splitter to make some room for Aldridge, which could make some minutes at the 5 available.

I disagree. Serviceable bigs aren't in abundant supply. I have no illusions about him being a star, but a quality journeyman who can play for 10+ years? Sure.

If I'm a team like the Spurs, I don't hesitate to get a guy like Rak, his rookie salary taking up only a fraction of the salary cap compared to Splitter.

I have a feeling Rak will slip into the first round late.

I really really hope you're right but I have Rak pegged as an early second round steal right now - as if I'm an expert. Looks like most everybody is picking McCullough at the end of the first round now though. I'm happy for him. Sure - only here for one year and got hurt, but he seemed to represent the school well, had a good attitude and as far as I know, did what he needed to do for the APR. So I hope he does well.

One of my favorite nights of the year. Must see TV. Even the second round when nobody can pronounce the names is fantastic.

Mannix has consistently had McCullough at the end of the 1st round. Haven't seen the same for Rak. I think the draft day trades will really affect what happens to them, because the end of the 1st round doesn't feel to me like it really lays out in their favor.

i dont care were mc ends up- dont have any orange love for him for some reason-
just never liked him

i hope rak gets on a team that he fits- i would hate for him to bounce around - kid is all class and i wish him the best

I disagree. Serviceable bigs aren't in abundant supply. I have no illusions about him being a star, but a quality journeyman who can play for 10+ years? Sure.

If I'm a team like the Spurs, I don't hesitate to get a guy like Rak, his rookie salary taking up only a fraction of the salary cap compared to Splitter.

I said I think he can help a team. 10 years is a long time but I think he'll definitely be a rotational big guy for a while. But I think the idea that he's an obvious Spurs pick/steal is largely because this is an SU board and he went to SU. There could be any number of guys the Spurs like better. (or not, I'm not going to pretend I have any idea)

I said I think he can help a team. 10 years is a long time but I think he'll definitely be a rotational big guy for a while. But I think the idea that he's an obvious Spurs pick/steal is largely because this is an SU board and he went to SU. There could be any number of guys the Spurs like better. (or not, I'm not going to pretend I have any idea)

That's your opinion. It seems like many mock drafts have a pair of guys from LSU, a tweener forward from Texas, and several other questionable bigs [including McCullough] all getting drafted at the end of the first round. I think that Rak is clearly better than those guys and has better tools to have NBA success [clearly, that's my opinion].

The Spurs draft well; doesn't mean that they like Rak as a fit, or that they'll even keep the pick [hello, LMA]. But as Jekelish points out above, them selecting a player like Rak has the feel of how they operate. All of the ESPN talking heads who've overanalyzed the draft and how it should fall will be pointing to all of the other players that the Spurs should have drafted instead. Meanwhile, San Antonio would plug him into a reserve roll and he'd have a solid career.

I don't see Rak as a Spurs player. They like shooters and spacing. Splitter is really their only big who can't shoot even Duncan can hit that jumper or bank shot.

I see Rak going to one of Philly, Boston, or Detroit in the 31 to 42 range.

McCollough 29th to Nets has almost been unanimous. So hopefully he stays in the first round.

I have been told by somebody I trust who works in pro basketball that the Celtics and Hornets have a deal on the table if WCS is available at 9. Hornets would get Jared Sullinger and 16th pick for the 9th pick.

I have been told by somebody I trust who works in pro basketball that the Celtics and Hornets have a deal on the table if WCS is available at 9. Hornets would get Jared Sullinger and 16th pick for the 9th pick.

If the Lakers take Russell, I would not be surprised if the Celtics try to trade into the third spot and try and get Okafor. We all know Philly loves to take on "assets"

I don't see Rak as a Spurs player. They like shooters and spacing. Splitter is really their only big who can't shoot even Duncan can hit that jumper or bank shot.

Is Tiago Splitter a shooter? Malik Rose? They surround shooters and guys who can drive with serviceable bigs who defend, rebound, and run. Rak fits that bill quite nicely [and as a Spurs fan, I probably watch them more frequently than most].

I won't be surprised if Splitter is going to be dumped at some point this offseason so they can sign Aldridge and try and re-sign Green

if they move Splitter to make room for LMA, then that means Duncan will be the starting center, with Diaw backing him up and Aron Baynes behind him. Not a lot of need for another center in that scenario. Unless someone like Rondae Hollis-Jefferson falls to them, SA is always a candidate to go the draft and stash route

BTW, a front line of Kawhi, LMA and Duncan would be insane. that's an Olympic caliber line.

if they move Splitter to make room for LMA, then that means Duncan will be the starting center, with Diaw backing him up and Aron Baynes behind him. Not a lot of need for another center in that scenario. Unless someone like Rondae Hollis-Jefferson falls to them, SA is always a candidate to go the draft and stash route

BTW, a front line of Kawhi, LMA and Duncan would be insane. that's an Olympic caliber line.

Awesome front line, but another year of injuries/decline from Tony Parker will be suicide in the west facing Curry, Paul, Westbrook, and Conley.

I think Rak has a decent chance of going #30 to Golden State. David Lee is leaving so they need a back up C. They like agile players who can defend and Rak would fill the need. They don't need a big scorer. Would love to see Rak get a 1st round contract as payoff for all his hard work and improvement.

Can't see C Mc in the 1st round. IMO he gets selected somewhere in the top 6 picks of the 2nd round. Too much of an unknown quantity. Not ready to play before mid December. Probably needs time in the D league. Teams won't want to risk a 2 -3 year guarantee.

I think Rak has a decent chance of going #30 to Golden State. David Lee is leaving so they need a back up C. They like agile players who can defend and Rak would fill the need. They don't need a big scorer. Would love to see Rak get a 1st round contract as payoff for all his hard work and improvement.

Can't see C Mc in the 1st round. IMO he gets selected somewhere in the top 6 picks of the 2nd round. Too much of an unknown quantity. Not ready to play before mid December. Probably needs time in the D league. Teams won't want to risk a 2 -3 year guarantee.

Lee still hasn't been traded. Right now he would be behind Bogut and Ezeli even with lee off the team.

Doesn't he feel like a perfect Spurs pick/steal?

I was thinking Warriors, but they are kind of a younger version of the Spurs. I could see one of the teams late in the first round that went deep in the playoffs snagging him to be a rotational player giving them 8-15 MPG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom