NBA League Pass | Syracusefan.com

NBA League Pass

NailstheCusefan12

All American
I have always loved basketball but the last two years with the rise of DraftKings I've invested in League Pass. If you're a fan of the league, I can't recommend it enough. The video quality, home and away broadcasts, and ease of use are all great. It also doesn't hurt to be able to watch Russell Westbrook every night.

It's great. I subscribe to League Pass, MLB Extra Innings and NFL Sunday Ticket - League Pass is the best of the three. An added bonus this year is being able to watch one game a week in Virtual Reality. This week it's tomorrow's Heat vs Knicks game.

It's great. I subscribe to League Pass, MLB Extra Innings and NFL Sunday Ticket - League Pass is the best of the three. An added bonus this year is being able to watch one game a week in Virtual Reality. This week it's tomorrow's Heat vs Knicks game.
can you explain 'virtual reality'.

can you explain 'virtual reality'.
For now, I open up this app NextVR and put my phone into a virtual reality headset. The game has its own set of announcers, some dude from NYC and Antoine Walker. The main camera is set at center court so you pretty much follow the action left-to-right and have to move your head in the headset to follow the action. The score of the game is superimposed on the floor so you have to tilt your head down and look below the action to see the score. They sometimes switch to a baseline view, view is right behind the basket. It doesn't quite feel like sitting courtside but it definitely feels like you're closer to the action. That said, I think basketball is the best sport for VR because you can basically follow the action without having to change cameras a lot. Football has too much real estate/area to follow the game and hockey, the puck is too small to keep up with the action. I haven't watched baseball but I'd imagine the wide area would also make it difficult.

For now, I open up this app NextVR and put my phone into a virtual reality headset. The game has its own set of announcers, some dude from NYC and Antoine Walker. The main camera is set at center court so you pretty much follow the action left-to-right and have to move your head in the headset to follow the action. The score of the game is superimposed on the floor so you have to tilt your head down and look below the action to see the score. They sometimes switch to a baseline view, view is right behind the basket. It doesn't quite feel like sitting courtside but it definitely feels like you're closer to the action. That said, I think basketball is the best sport for VR because you can basically follow the action without having to change cameras a lot. Football has too much real estate/area to follow the game and hockey, the puck is too small to keep up with the action. I haven't watched baseball but I'd imagine the wide area would also make it difficult.
I had no idea they were doing anything like that.

sounds pretty cool.

I had been holding off while I figured out my budget since I just moved outside of Washington DC, but I bit the bullet last night on the one-team pass to watch the Milwaukee Bucks. Getting by on just Dawk In's Giannis highlights each day just wasn't enough for me.

I had been holding off while I figured out my budget since I just moved outside of Washington DC, but I bit the bullet last night on the one-team pass to watch the Milwaukee Bucks. Getting by on just Dawk In's Giannis highlights each day just wasn't enough for me.
I watched the Bucks thrash the Cavs last week and when I turned on the Bucks' broadcast Gus Johnson was calling the game for them. It was an unexpected and welcome surprise.

I watched the Bucks thrash the Cavs last week and when I turned on the Bucks' broadcast Gus Johnson was calling the game for them. It was an unexpected and welcome surprise.

Yeah, Gus calls about half the games for them; he joined the commentary team last year I believe. A lot of Bucks fans are irritated with him though because of just how impartial he is. By contrast to everyone else, he comes across as favoring the opposing team because he's not afraid to get excited if the other team makes a great play.

that's an 'alternate universe'...
Well, the Knicks do play in New York
FringeStatueofLiberty011911-thumb-330x185-55668.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors