NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

If Kyrie was made available if I were Ainge offer Smart, one of Tatum or Brown and the Nets pick.

Knicks, Heat, T-Wolves, and Spurs are Kyrie's preferred landing spots.

Lebron has to wish this came out before the Paul trade to the Rockets.

I would bet on the Heat of those 4.

Wolves won't have cap space and won't give up enough.
Spurs are intriguing but what are they trading?
Knicks this has to be an incentive in his contract from his sneaker company or he wants to play close to home in NJ.

Knicks this has to be an incentive in his contract from his sneaker company or he wants to play close to home in NJ.

Or he was really intoxicated one night and said, "I want to play for the Knicks"

Legitimate question - should Gilbert dismantle the Cavs right now?

What could he get for a one year Lebron rental?

It'd be a hoot of he went to the Heat so he could be reunited with his old sparring partner Dion.

I'm sure there's a whole lot more to the story than's gotten out so far, but in this article there's a hint of Kyrie wanting to be Batman, not Robin or Pippen. Kyrie Irving asked the Cavaliers to trade him

Wonder if any of this happens if Griffin's still around.

Please stay away from Dion Kyrie...

Legitimate question - should Gilbert dismantle the Cavs right now?

What could he get for a one year Lebron rental?

I say no. Does Kyrie really have the leverage to force a trade? Even if he does, they can get something back, and with Lebron, they should be in the finals next year, where they likely get smoked again, but Gilbert has spent a ton of money on this team and he needs to recoup some of it.

Next summer, on the other hand...

Also, Lebron's salary is so high a trade would be really hard to work. They're better off letting him walk and totally bottoming out again I think

It's weird, I think Kyrie is in general pretty overrated
Absolutely is. Plays 0 defense, you can't succeed in today's NBA with 0 defense like that. Not with the Warriors and Spurs as good as they are.

I say no. Does Kyrie really have the leverage to force a trade? Even if he does, they can get something back, and with Lebron, they should be in the finals next year, where they likely get smoked again, but Gilbert has spent a ton of money on this team and he needs to recoup some of it.

Next summer, on the other hand...

Also, Lebron's salary is so high a trade would be really hard to work. They're better off letting him walk and totally bottoming out again I think
Eh, I don't know. That teams not exactly screaming great chemistry right now. Not like Love has ever wanted to be there. LeBron's gone. Kyrie is ready to go. They've got zero youth. Are they going to survive the season? We've seen LeBron quit before when he was done with a team.

Eh, I don't know. That teams not exactly screaming great chemistry right now. Not like Love has ever wanted to be there. LeBron's gone. Kyrie is ready to go. They've got zero youth. Are they going to survive the season? We've seen LeBron quit before when he was done with a team.

I agree they're about to get blown up. But Gilbert is going to pay the tax this year, I really don't know what they could do.

My prediction: Kyrie doesn't get traded, they lose the finals in 5 games, and at least 2 of their big 3 are in different cities this time next year. That's probably not too bold, but whatever

Is the Lebron quitting from 2010? He averaged 26-9-7 in that final series against Boston and had a triple double in the elimination game. His most inexplicable playoff series was the 2011 finals but I wouldnt say he was done with that team

Boston has the capital to trade for Kyrie. I wouldn't wait on Anthony Davis.

Would Ainge trade Isaiah in a trade for Kyrie?

Something interesting I noticed; the Cavs owe their 2019 first round pick, but it's top ten protected in 19 and 20, and then conveys to a second rounder. So they could hold onto that one

I agree they're about to get blown up. But Gilbert is going to pay the tax this year, I really don't know what they could do.

My prediction: Kyrie doesn't get traded, they lose the finals in 5 games, and at least 2 of their big 3 are in different cities this time next year. That's probably not too bold, but whatever

Is the Lebron quitting from 2010? He averaged 26-9-7 in that final series against Boston and had a triple double in the elimination game. His most inexplicable playoff series was the 2011 finals but I wouldnt say he was done with that team

Or, they keep Kyrie, the Cavs win the title, then Cleveland throws LeBron a farewell parade before he heads to his home in Brentwood and ends his career in La-La Land and Kyrie goes to NYC. Then Gilbert can go back to owning a lottery team.

What do I know, other than squat, but it's hard to believe the Cavs are gonna let Kyrie go this year for Carmelo or Isaiah or whoever else may be out there. He may not like being in another player's shadow and wants to be the alpha dogg, but he's being a little short-sighted if he doesn't think LeBron's been good for his career.

Sources: Kyrie seeks trade to evade LeBron

It'd be a hoot of he went to the Heat so he could be reunited with his old sparring partner Dion.

I'm sure there's a whole lot more to the story than's gotten out so far, but in this article there's a hint of Kyrie wanting to be Batman, not Robin or Pippen. Kyrie Irving asked the Cavaliers to trade him

Wonder if any of this happens if Griffin's still around.

If true, that's lame of Kyrie. Guy averages 25 ppg and gets the ball all the time.

Feels more like he knows Lebron is leaving. But who knows.

If true, that's lame of Kyrie. Guy averages 25 ppg and gets the ball all the time.

Feels more like he knows Lebron is leaving. But who knows.

I doubt that LeBron's made up his mind about what he's gonna do a year from now. I wouldn't be surprised if he stays and ends his career in Ohio or decides to say sayanora again. A lot has to do with how next season goes.

Kyrie sees himself as Kobe, says he has "Mamba Mentality," and he does. Maybe, like Kobe, he wants to be the only chosen one.

Kyrie Irving seeks to move away from LeBron

Last edited:

But did you watch him play that last series before heading to Miami? Numbers aside, he was dunzo.

Plus, how game changing would it be if they made the move now? For that reason alone, it would be awesome.

Cleveland's going to have to bottom out. Sell LeBron off, you already got a championship, dump Love, dump Kyrie, go total rebuild. I'm sure you could get all kinds of interesting picks and young guys for those three.

But did you watch him play that last series before heading to Miami? Numbers aside, he was dunzo.

Plus, how game changing would it be if they made the move now? For that reason alone, it would be awesome.

Cleveland's going to have to bottom out. Sell LeBron off, you already got a championship, dump Love, dump Kyrie, go total rebuild. I'm sure you could get all kinds of interesting picks and young guys for those three.

I did watch most of that series, I kinda disagree with you.

The timing of this is very poor, I really don't know what kind of assets Cleveland could get back right now. Most teams have spent up their cap space. You'd likely need to take salary back, in which case, I don't see why you don't just run it back for another year. What's Kyrie going to do if Cleveland doesn't trade him? Not play?

If Cleveland is stupid enough to trade Kyrie for Carmelo and first round picks. It better be multiple first unprotected picks or they are behind dumb.

I did watch most of that series, I kinda disagree with you.

The timing of this is very poor, I really don't know what kind of assets Cleveland could get back right now. Most teams have spent up their cap space. You'd likely need to take salary back, in which case, I don't see why you don't just run it back for another year. What's Kyrie going to do if Cleveland doesn't trade him? Not play?
They have to take salary back anyway because of how ridiculously far over they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom