NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Amazing the conditioning current NBA players go through now. LeBron almost looks too thin.

Wonder if these two are planning a reunion this year.

Seeing Wade made me think of the Curb Your Enthusiasm scene when Larry, after having his workout interrupted by that guy who wanted to fight him, showed up at Ted Danson's house with some pretty short shorts on.

Ted: What are you wearing?
Larry: Shorts.
Ted: That's disgusting!

Seeing Wade made me think of the Curb Your Enthusiasm scene when Larry, after having his workout interrupted by that guy who wanted to fight him, showed up at Ted Danson's house with some pretty short shorts on.

Ted: What are you wearing?
Larry: Shorts.
Ted: That's disgusting!

I think DWade's sporting some Bob Cousy shorts.

Four weeks from tonight, season opener, Celts at Cavs. Giddy-up.

DKLU2jXXcAAZ-t8

Wiggins is looking at a 5 year 148 million deal. Wow. He's good but hasn't been a max level guy yet.

Thus far he's shown to be a good scorer who can get really hot, but not an elite scorer yet. And doesn't do much else. It will be interesting to see how his game develops the next few years and to see how this contract is looked at in 5 years.

If he becomes an elite scorer, then he'll be max worthy. If he develops into a strong defender and rounds out his game a bit then he'll also be worth it. If he doesn't improve much beyond what he is now, then he'll be badly overpaid.

Wiggins is looking at a 5 year 148 million deal. Wow. He's good but hasn't been a max level guy yet.

Thus far he's shown to be a good scorer who can get really hot, but not an elite scorer yet. And doesn't do much else. It will be interesting to see how his game develops the next few years and to see how this contract is looked at in 5 years.

If he becomes an elite scorer, then he'll be max worthy. If he develops into a strong defender and rounds out his game a bit then he'll also be worth it. If he doesn't improve much beyond what he is now, then he'll be badly overpaid.
If you're going to overpay, overpay on the guy's 2nd contract. Odds are in your favor that you'll get value.

If you're going to overpay, overpay on the guy's 2nd contract. Odds are in your favor that you'll get value.

I don't know at that level though.

That's a real tough spot for the Wolves though.

He's nowhere near a max level player right now. A lot of people would argue he doesn't even help his team yet.

But they aren't paying him for what he is right now anyways. They're paying him with the hopes that he develops into a guy that is worthy of a max contract. They're pretty much forced to do this anyways unless they wanted to trade him elsewhere; there's no way they could let him walk without getting anything in return.

He's nowhere near a max level player right now. A lot of people would argue he doesn't even help his team yet.

But they aren't paying him for what he is right now anyways. They're paying him with the hopes that he develops into a guy that is worthy of a max contract. They're pretty much forced to do this anyways unless they wanted to trade him elsewhere; there's no way they could let him walk without getting anything in return.

First, it's easy for me to say this since it's not my team, but it's probably really unlikely he walks any time soon, right? He'd be a restricted FA after this season; do you think he would sign the one year QO and hit free agency the next summer? I feel like he'd probably get the 4 year max from someone, Twolves match.

But it's easy for me to say that sitting here. There's probably some value in having a good relationship with the player, showing agents you will do right by the players, etc. But I dunno, how good is he, really? What's he going to get better at?

First, it's easy for me to say this since it's not my team, but it's probably really unlikely he walks any time soon, right? He'd be a restricted FA after this season; do you think he would sign the one year QO and hit free agency the next summer? I feel like he'd probably get the 4 year max from someone, Twolves match.

But it's easy for me to say that sitting here. There's probably some value in having a good relationship with the player, showing agents you will do right by the players, etc. But I dunno, how good is he, really? What's he going to get better at?

No, but that's really the point. He's getting the max one way or another. The Wolves don't really have a choice in the matter. Their choice is to either trade him for assets rather than letting him walk as a RFA, or to sign him to a max/match a max in the offseason. He's not remotely close to deserving this kind of money right now, but he's going to get it from somebody.

No, but that's really the point. He's getting the max one way or another. The Wolves don't really have a choice in the matter. Their choice is to either trade him for assets rather than letting him walk as a RFA, or to sign him to a max/match a max in the offseason. He's not remotely close to deserving this kind of money right now, but he's going to get it from somebody.

I could be wrong, but I thought the max he could get in RFA next year would be less than the contract he's about to sign. (Also a year shorter, no?)

I could be wrong, but I thought the max he could get in RFA next year would be less than the contract he's about to sign. (Also a year shorter, no?)

I think it's roughly the same $$$ per year coming off a rookie contract, but one less year. I'm not positive about that though.

Melo is getting traded to OKC for Enes Canter, Doug McDermott and a 2nd round pick.

Is there anything beyond a tank?.. because that's what this Knicks roster looks like.

Would love to see OKC beat down fake toughguy KD and the GSW to face the Cavs and take home the Championship.

The Knicks were never getting a great package for him, the whole point of the trade was to move him and make this Kp's team.
Kanter - arguably the worst defensive player in the NBA.

McDermott - second coming of Steve Novak

2nd round pick - odds are this never matters

I mean...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors