NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

So the police officer who had an altercation with Masai Ujiri after Toronto won the title is suing everyone and their mom ... gotta love the litigious nation we live in ..

From ESPN

“suing not only Ujiri but also the Raptors, MLSE and the NBA itself on six separate counts: assault, battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligence (twice) and loss of consortium. The suit alleges that the Raptors, MLSE and the NBA, among other things "failed to provide adequate safety and security measures to protect members of the public."

The suit went on to list several things that could have been done, including, "post signs warning of danger, including the danger of Masai Ujiri."

Masai Ujiri is only a danger to Knick GM's.

So those Zion doubters who Last year said a 6’7 inch power forward with no outside game who scores all his points on dunks and layups isn’t going to translate in the NBA

... well .. you’re wrong on multiple counts
-hes 6’6
-he’s actually a center
- and he is having no issues scoring a ton with both feet planted firmly in the lane

So those Zion doubters who Last year said a 6’7 inch power forward with no outside game who scores all his points on dunks and layups isn’t going to translate in the NBA

-hes 6’6
-he’s actually a center
- and he is having no issues scoring a ton with both feet planted firmly in the lane

Was really impressive last night. Really impressive.

Last time JR played with LeBron, he dribbled out the clock when they were losing though.

Plus he’s old.
chinese-meme-on-jr-smith.jpg

Question how different is Carmelo Anthony’s career if he got drafted by Detroit 2nd overall in 2003?
He gets a ring (or two) before Wade and LeBron and is a major chip in balancing competitiveness between the Eastern and Western Conferences for the next decade. His scoring totals likely aren't as high, but his career win percentage is higher and he has significantly more playoff success.

So the police officer who had an altercation with Masai Ujiri after Toronto won the title is suing everyone and their mom ... gotta love the litigious nation we live in ..

From ESPN

“suing not only Ujiri but also the Raptors, MLSE and the NBA itself on six separate counts: assault, battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligence (twice) and loss of consortium. The suit alleges that the Raptors, MLSE and the NBA, among other things "failed to provide adequate safety and security measures to protect members of the public."

The suit went on to list several things that could have been done, including, "post signs warning of danger, including the danger of Masai Ujiri."
Umm...Canada

He gets a ring (or two) before Wade and LeBron and is a major chip in balancing competitiveness between the Eastern and Western Conferences for the next decade. His scoring totals likely aren't as high, but his career win percentage is higher and he has significantly more playoff success.

It's really weird when you think about it too, Melo was a perfect fit for the Pistons. Obviously it's rare that a team picking #2 is actually a good team that is ready to win now, but Detroit was! And they definitely could've used some scoring punch. Meanwhile, even in a best case I think it was acknowledged that Darko wouldve taken a few years, which makes more sense on a team that isn't already good.

I don't see why this wouldn't have happened, but I guess it's fair to say that we would need to assume the Pistons make the Rasheed Wallace trade in the 04 season as well, but if they do, Pistons easily could've gone back to back in 04 and 05. Now, the flip side of this is that Larry Brown hates rookies and may have buried him on the bench. (you know, the literal exact thing he did when he coached the 04 Olympic team)

-hes 6’6
-he’s actually a center

I've had my share of bad takes before, but anyone who didn't think Zion was going to be a star, and just about right away, I don't know. Though I don't think too many people were saying that. (Though Mike Francesa didnt even want him to be picked first!)

I've had my share of bad takes before, but anyone who didn't think Zion was going to be a star, and just about right away, I don't know.
I'm still head conductor on the "Zion's gonna be a bust" train. He's played 9 games. I think his body holding up long-term is a huge question mark.

He's productive, really productive, no doubt. We'll see how long it lasts and what it means for New Orleans winning games.

That's right. I'm digging in on my take.

I'm still head conductor on the "Zion's gonna be a bust" train. He's played 9 games. I think his body holding up long-term is a huge question mark.

He's productive, really productive, no doubt. We'll see how long it lasts and what it means for New Orleans winning games.

Have to respect it. Double down!

Pels are 5-4 with Zion (18-27 without) and +15.2 per 100 when he's on the court. Fwiw.

He wins a title at every level.

And Detroit would’ve been primed to be a top contender in the East for a long time. They had a few more years as a contender after their title, but once that core got old they traded Chauncey and then they were done...and they haven’t done anything in the 10 years or so since.

Carmelo would’ve been a hell of a building block in the East for them through the early 10’s(he had the Knicks competing in that era), and they could’ve easily extended their run for another 6-7 years by reloading around him.

Also, Carmelo is having a horrific 1–13 shooting night. But he’s also got 14 rebounds.

I’m almost rooting for Buddy Boeheim to have a line like that, just to see how the “hE dUzNt ReBoUnD eNoUgH” crowd responds.

Also, Carmelo is having a horrific 1–13 shooting night. But he’s also got 14 rebounds.

I’m almost rooting for Buddy Boeheim to have a line like that, just to see how the “hE dUzNt ReBoUnD eNoUgH” crowd responds.
I'm in that crowd.

Buddy's not getting 14 rebounds in a single game. Not even worried about it.

I'm in that crowd.

Buddy's not getting 14 rebounds in a single game. Not even worried about it.

I mean...he’s slow. He’s not going to help us much in the long rebound/loose ball category.

In terms of raw rebounding numbers, I can’t think of many Orange two guards who hit the boards? I can’t really see how it matters much either.

I mean...he’s slow. He’s not going to help us much in the long rebound/loose ball category.

In terms of raw rebounding numbers, I can’t think of many Orange two guards who hit the boards? I can’t really see how it matters much either.
Live look in at Buddy making an effort to board:

tenor.gif

Not much different than Battle. And Cooney. And Dion. And Devo.
I looked up their per 40s rebounding because I'm bored as Hell. Here are their best seasons:

Dion - 3.8 (animal)
Devo - 3.6 (but a very weird case, that was his freshman year. He actually got worse rebounding per 40 every season and ended his senior season at 2.3. Strange.)
Battle - 3.6
Shaky potatoes - 3.0 (insert white guy stereotype here)

Buddy was Rodman on the boards last season at 3.8 per 40. This season he's at 2.3. That's a pretty significant drop off, and ties Devo for the worst per 40 rebounding of the guards you mentioned. I think it's a legitimate concern.

So... the stats suggest this season Buddy is as bad as we've seen as a rebounding 2 guard of the guys you mentioned.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I looked up their per 40s rebounding because I'm bored as Hell. Here are their best seasons:

Dion - 3.8 (animal)
Devo - 3.6 (but a very weird case, that was his freshman year. He actually got worse rebounding per 40 every season and ended his senior season at 2.3. Strange.)
Battle - 3.6
Shaky potatoes - 3.0 (insert white guy stereotype here)

Buddy was Rodman on the boards last season at 3.8 per 40. This season he's at 2.3. That's a pretty significant drop off, and ties Devo for the worst per 40 rebounding of the guards you mentioned. I think it's a legitimate concern.

So... the stats suggest this season Buddy is as bad as we've seen as a rebounding 2 guard of the guys you mentioned.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can’t say I’ve ever thought of any of those guys’ rebounding as a significant factor in SU’s winning or losing.

Being injured doesn’t make you a bust ..being a bust is done on your own merit ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom