NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

How far is Jayson Tatum from the all-NBA list?
Just wondering for when he becomes a RFA this summer. Does he get more or is that only the second extension.

I think he is close to all-NBA good, maybe not this year but at 22 he will get there.

Just wondering for when he becomes a RFA this summer. Does he get more or is that only the second extension.

I think he is close to all-NBA good, maybe not this year but at 22 he will get there.
He is close but there are other players that are probably ahead of him based on prior years/reputation. Being able to sign him for more helps but its not everything to everyone.

Fairly sure it's for the second deal, so the question is will he be supermax eligible at the end of that one.
Assuming the CBA is the same as it is now by then. Which, who knows.

Jayson Tatum is up to the insane challenge laid down by Lou Williams

He’s there.

I was going through youtube and this came up. Had never seen it from summer league this past year. "Attacking" is a stretch, just two cheapshots, but the most amusing part of the video is Dan Dakich just slamming him over and over. Probably can foward to 1:00.

He’s there.
I picked a good day for to ask the question.
Looks real good this year and last night had the national TV audience.
Tatum in year 3 is popping. I don’t think he is a top 10 player yet but he can get there and I think he is borderline top 15.
Kyrie Irving vs. Kemba Walker is the difference with this team.

I would love Toronto and Boston to end up 2-3 in whatever order. It would be a fun potential second round series. I didn’t think this team would win 50 games but they will be close to a 50 win team.

I picked a good day for to ask the question.
Looks real good this year and last night had the national TV audience.
Tatum in year 3 is popping. I don’t think he is a top 10 player yet but he can get there and I think he is borderline top 15.
Kyrie Irving vs. Kemba Walker is the difference with this team.

I would love Toronto and Boston to end up 2-3 in whatever order. It would be a fun potential second round series. I didn’t think this team would win 50 games but they will be close to a 50 win team.

They'd have to tank down the stretch to finish with around 50 games. I think they're on pace for 57 wins at this time.

They'd have to tank down the stretch to finish with around 50 games. I think they're on pace for 57 wins at this time.
CBS sports has the Celtics projected this morning at 55.1 wins. Also has the Bucks projected for 9 more losses which is hard to believe considering they have only lost 8 games so far.

What would happen if a LeBron James or Giannis decided to just play a game left handed today because they were bored?
Bird did it and it was before cable analyzed everything.

I wonder what happens if somebody tired it now. Would they do it as well as Bird did in this game?

What would happen if a LeBron James or Giannis decided to just play a game left handed today because they were bored?

I wonder what happens if somebody tired it now. Would they do it as well as Bird did in this game?
Larry and Kevin used to do weird stuff like that all the time, from what I understand.

Agree 100%. It makes you a super talented player whose body didn't hold up, not a bust.
greg oden was a talented and physically gifter player. but he was also a bust, period.

Agree 100%. It makes you a super talented player whose body didn't hold up, not a bust.
You guys don't understand.

The more controversial the bust, the better it is.

No.

CBS sports has the Celtics projected this morning at 55.1 wins. Also has the Bucks projected for 9 more losses which is hard to believe considering they have only lost 8 games so far.

That seems very conservative. They have 28 games left, 19-9 is a 55 win pace over 82 games. That's obviously very good, but the Bucks won 60 last year and are uh, doing better so far this year.

The dunk contest is back. Gordon probably won't be, although Jones is a worthy winner. A tie would've been a smart call. Bonus points to Connaughton for his White Men Can't Jump get-up.

Gordon is a ballerina. I mean that as the sincerest compliment I can give.

That was a pretty good dunk contest.

Gordon got robbed.

I was torn between, “not another jumping over the guy dunk” because that became like 80% of the dunks....and, “holy crap that was incredible!” because everyone of those repetitive dunks was insane.

The dunk contest is back. Gordon probably won't be, although Jones is a worthy winner. A tie would've been a smart call. Bonus points to Connaughton for his White Men Can't Jump get-up.

I don’t see why the finals aren’t just “vote for who had the better dunk.” No fence sitting. No “I gotta give them both 10s because everyone else will and I can’t be the one to mess it up”. 5 voters...everybody pick who had the better dunk, and be done with it.

I was torn between, “not another jumping over the guy dunk” because that became like 80% of the dunks...and, “holy crap that was incredible!” because everyone of those repetitive dunks was insane.
Was the Tacko one unplanned?

If it was Gordon really got robbed.

Dwayne Wade should have never been allowed to be a judge.
He was biased.
He screwed Conaughton in the first round with an 8 that he did on his first try.
That one judge turned this whole thing. He was in the tank for the Heat guys.

They should just do what figure skating does and if scores with a decimal.
Make the score a 9.5 or 9.9 not just 8, 9, 10s.

Aaron Gordon got screwed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom