NC State game thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

NC State game thread

Based upon what exactly? Hunt looked as bad in that half as Allen did all year. Just don't know how the Hunt camp can say that with authority after what we just watched. It was ugly.

On the good side, the defense, outside of some costly turnovers played very well. Should be about 14-0 right now.

ya and he has how many yards rushing? that's something allen can't give you. 2 terrible passes that's it. Allen was doing the same thing, plus more inconsistent and no threat to do anything with his feet

Based upon what exactly? Hunt looked as bad in that half as Allen did all year. Just don't know how the Hunt camp can say that with authority after what we just watched. It was ugly.

On the good side, the defense, outside of some costly turnovers played very well. Should be about 14-0 right now.
Hunt has a better "feel" for the game. He never seems to get rattled but his arm is REALLY suspect. What many here don't understand is that Allen was a hurdler in HS and is waaaaay faster and probably a better athlete than Hunt. Too bad he didn't perform better early in the season.

Hunt has a better "feel" for the game. He never seems to get rattled but his arm is REALLY suspect. What many here don't understand is that Allen was a hurdler in HS and is waaaaay faster and probably a better athlete than Hunt. Too bad he didn't perform better early in the season.
No longer suspect... he's been convicted of having a bad arm.

I honestly do not think they are playing bad at all. Hunt is running the read option very effectively he just made a couple bad passes. The D is playing great but when NC State starts with great field position that they have points are inevitable. I think we will see a favorable 2nd half

First couple of drives hunt looked good. Allen hasn't looked good on any drive this year.

Allen's athletic abilities don't translate on the football field. Hunt was a basketball player.

ya and he has how many yards rushing? that's something allen can't give you. 2 terrible passes that's it. Allen was doing the same thing, plus more inconsistent and no threat to do anything with his feet
I'm glad we're tied right now and the only thing that matters is the W but i know you're astute enough to understand your 2 terrible passes quote is simply wrong. He missed/underthrew West on a easy pass in the flat on 3rd down and he missed West down the seam.

I'm not a Hunt hater so hear me on that its just he played very bad in that half and a repeat in the second half will cost us the game. Here's to hoping your right and i'm not.

Go CUSE!!!!!

i realize he is faster, but he doesn't have scrambling ability, there is a big difference

I honestly do not think they are playing bad at all. Hunt is running the read option very effectively he just made a couple bad passes. The D is playing great but when NC State starts with great field position that they have points are inevitable. I think we will see a favorable 2nd half
He has 2 picks, easily could be 3...in one half. Also has missed open guys a lot.

Allen's athletic abilities don't translate on the football field. Hunt was a basketball player.
Understood...I implied as much.

Allen has the tools to play on Sundays but doesn't appear to have the intangibles needed to be effective. Not sure if it's lack of playing time or simply "deer-in-the-headlights" syndrome.

Some of you guys expect 100% or at least incomplete a that are perfectly thrown. He's made some decent throws today.

I'm glad we're tied right now and the only thing that matters is the W but i know you're astute enough to understand your 2 terrible passes quote is simply wrong. He missed/underthrew West on a easy pass in the flat on 3rd down and he missed West down the seam.

I'm not a Hunt hater so hear me on that its just he played very bad in that half and a repeat in the second half will cost us the game. Here's to hoping your right and i'm not.

Go CUSE!!!!!

i do realize, but both our qb's are apparently very poor passers. at least Hunt is a threat to run. Not to mention he has 3 more years in the system. it's not like Allen is clearly better where he should be playing.

He has 2 picks, easily could be 3...in one half. Also has missed open guys a lot.

Ok understood, couple bad passes, how look at the positives like how he dropped back and ran the ball down to the 1 setting up the Smith TD.. what other QB on our team could of made that play?

Hunt is just raw and inexperienced. That's all. We're going to have live with it.

Dude...you need to follow another team. Not one positive comment in weeks. Why not jump on the Alabama or LSU bandwagon? No one...and I mean no one, wants to read your continuous negative tripe.
I was being positive up until the stupid coaching decisions before the half!

Ok understood, couple bad passes, how look at the positives like how he dropped back and ran the ball down to the 1 setting up the Smith TD.. what other QB on our team could of made that play?
If thats what we want from our QB then we should just have Broyld back there right?

Really because he has 6 incomplete passes. By my math that would add up to missing 3 open guys and I believe he has at least 1 throw away.

Hunt is just raw and inexperienced. That's all. We're going to have live with it.

Yep. Pretty much sums it up for me. A lot of teams have a bumpy year after their previous starting QB gets drafted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

Biggest play of the half was the holding call on Macky early as they were moving it, had the first down and were rolling. Penalty completely killed all the early momentum and positives that we going on. The announcers' comments were ridiculous claiming great defense. Syracuse was rolling early - who knows where it goes from there but the holding call killed it all.

We are 10 times the team NC St. is.

Boneheaded play calling and three missed passes have cost us.

Keep believing that... I have some ocean front property in Florida I want to sell you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom