NCAA 2nd Round Games for Sat March 18 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 2nd Round Games for Sat March 18

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Frd_dfxWcAEpPXz
Frd_dfRX0AI4wA7
MM318.jpg

Do I roll with Furman or SDSU?! Offensive vs defensive .

I took SDSU in survivor. Don’t think Furman can hang with their athletes.

Wouldn’t mind being wrong

I just realized that all of the 5 seeds won in the first round. Of all the years to have that happen with all the parity this season. Guess FDU, Princeton and Mercer made up for it

Only three 3 through 7 seeds lost, but two 1 and 2 seeds lost. To have 23 of the Top 28 seeds all still in it, doesn't happen often.

If you went back to playing in the actual regions like they used to, you could reseed each round. So there wouldn't be any travel issues. You can have 1/16, 4/13, 5/12, 8/9 all in one site and 2/15, 3/14, 6/11, 7/10 all in another. IMO that would be a better way to determine a champ. I hate that FAU could make a S16 by beating an 8 and a 16 seed. Or that San Diego State can by beating a 12 and a 13 seed. Or that Missouri can by beating a 10 and a 15 seed. That is more luck of the draw.

So we would have...

East
Tennessee vs FDU
Duke vs FAU
Marquette vs Michigan State (same)
Kansas State vs Kentucky (same)

South
Alabama vs Furman
San Diego State vs Maryland
Baylor vs Princeton
Creighton vs Missouri

Midwest
Houston vs Auburn (same)
Indiana vs Miami (same)
Texas vs Pitt
Xavier vs Penn State

West
Kansas vs Arkansas (same)
UConn vs Saint Mary's (same)
UCLA vs Northwestern (same)
Gonzaga vs TCU (same)

For the S16 you stay in your region but those teams are reseeded. Same for the F4 getting reseeded.

The great thing is you can still for the most part keep the brackets. Since most people fill it out digitally it is pretty easy to have the matchups auto fill.

Let's say you picked Purdue, Memphis, Tennessee, Oral Roberts, Providence, Kansas State, USC, Marquette in your bracket. Then the next round in your bracket it would be Purdue vs Oral Roberts, Tennessee vs Memphis, Marquette vs Providence, Kansas State vs USC. Next you have Purdue vs Providence and Kansas State vs Tennessee. And finally Purdue vs Tennessee, with Tennessee in the F4. So you would be 3-5 in that 1st round, still have two S16 teams left, one E8, and one F4.

If you went back to playing in the actual regions like they used to, you could reseed each round. So there wouldn't be any travel issues. You can have 1/16, 4/13, 5/12, 8/9 all in one site and 2/15, 3/14, 6/11, 7/10 all in another. IMO that would be a better way to determine a champ. I hate that FAU could make a S16 by beating an 8 and a 16 seed. Or that San Diego State can by beating a 12 and a 13 seed. Or that Missouri can by beating a 10 and a 15 seed. That is more luck of the draw.

So we would have...

East
Tennessee vs FDU
Duke vs FAU

South
Alabama vs Furman
Baylor vs Princeton
Creighton vs Missouri

Midwest
Houston vs Auburn (same)
Indiana vs Miami (same)
Texas vs Pitt
Xavier vs Penn State

West
Gonzaga vs TCU (same)

For the S16 you stay in your region but those teams are reseeded. Same for the F4 getting reseeded.

The great thing is you can still for the most part keep the brackets. Since most people fill it out digitally it is pretty easy to have the matchups auto fill.

Let's say you picked Purdue, Memphis, Tennessee, Oral Roberts, Providence, Kansas State, USC, Marquette in your bracket. Then the next round in your bracket it would be Purdue vs Oral Roberts, Tennessee vs Memphis, Marquette vs Providence, Kansas State vs USC. Next you have Purdue vs Providence and Kansas State vs Tennessee. And finally Purdue vs Tennessee, with Tennessee in the F4. So you would be 3-5 in that 1st round, still have two S16 teams left, one E8, and one F4.
Wait what? How would you fill out a bracket when you don’t know what the second rounds are

Wait what? How would you fill out a bracket when you don’t know what the second rounds are

1. It isn't a complete reseed. Just the sub region in round 2. You are locked into your sub region. Just within the region for round 3. You are locked into your region.

2. How many people fill their bracket with pen and paper? Even if you do it isn't hard to rank the four 1st round winners by seed to figure out your 2nd round matchups. When you do it online it auto fills for you already. Wouldn't change a thing in that case.

So now if you picked Purdue, Tennessee, Memphis, Oral Roberts in Round 1 you would have Purdue vs Memphis and Tennessee vs Oral Roberts. With reseeding, instead you would have Purdue vs Oral Roberts and Tennessee vs Memphis. In both cases you did not know the 2nd round matchups, you are guessing. And in both cases you guessed wrong.

1. It isn't a complete reseed. Just the sub region in round 2. You are locked into your sub region. Just within the region for round 3. You are locked into your region.

2. How many people fill their bracket with pen and paper? Even if you do it isn't hard to rank the four 1st round winners by seed to figure out your 2nd round matchups. When you do it online it auto fills for you already. Wouldn't change a thing in that case.

So now if you picked Purdue, Tennessee, Memphis, Oral Roberts in Round 1 you would have Purdue vs Memphis and Tennessee vs Oral Roberts. With reseeding, instead you would have Purdue vs Oral Roberts and Tennessee vs Memphis. In both cases you did not know the 2nd round matchups, you are guessing. And in both cases you guessed wrong.
Even the idiots that run the NCAA aren’t screwing up the March Madness brackets.

I focused on choosing offence centric teams over defence centric teams (based on KP) when the teams were fairly close, and it worked so far. (I am 99.2% in the ESPN brackets)

So before this game, I would have said Furman is an excellent bet with the +5 or even money line. And I would have been very wrong.

Ah, I see what you’re saying. Granted that takes any semblance of skill (even though its impact is very limited) as you can’t look at matchups anymore because it could change based on who wins in the first round.

Edit: I should clarify: I mean like if a 5 seed has a favorable matchup with both teams they could see in the next round

Idk, too confusing for my small brain

Last edited:

So we would have...

East
Tennessee vs FDU
Duke vs FAU

South
Alabama vs Furman
Baylor vs Princeton
Creighton vs Missouri

Midwest
Houston vs Auburn (same)
Indiana vs Miami (same)
Texas vs Pitt
Xavier vs Penn State

West
Gonzaga vs TCU (same)

No Way Smh GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Yeah, it was nice when my $100K got my daughter an SDSU degree last May, but a Sweet 16 is more important

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom