2:30 p.m.(1) Maryland vs (5) PrincetonESPN2
Monday, May 30 / East Hartford, CT
TimeGameNetwork
1 p.m.(1) Maryland vs (7) CornellESPN
Anish Shroff, Quint Kessenich, Paul Carcaterra

FT2qefsWIAAmMAq

FUAwTuSWAAIeFth

Last edited:
since i dont really know.. did they give them the later time or did they request it.. In other things like this it often is the teams choice. I know some of the NCAA hockey conf tourneys the #1 seed gets choice and doesnt always take the early game

since i dont really know.. did they give them the later time or did they request it.. In other things like this it often is the teams choice. I know some of the NCAA hockey conf tourneys the #1 seed gets choice and doesnt always take the early game

I'd think the #1 seed would want the earlier time on Saturday to have more time to rest up for Monday.

I'd think the #1 seed would want the earlier time on Saturday to have more time to rest up for Monday.
yup.. But I also know in some cases coaches took later times for other reasons like better crowd attendance. maybe the NCAA gives them no choice.

Not really that important, but I was reading over the Princeton versus Maryland thread on fan lax, and some moron stated that Maryland was 80% private prep school kids.
Actually Maryland has 18 public school kids on the roster out of 48, which means they have 62.5% private prep school kids.
Of course, Bubba Fairman is a mixed case, coming east to Calverton (Md) for 11th grade, then going back to Brighton (Utah - public) for 12th grade, then doing a PG year at Deerfield. I would probably consider Bubba more of a public school player myself.

yup.. But I also know in some cases coaches took later times for other reasons like better crowd attendance. maybe the NCAA gives them no choice.
Game times are determined by ESPN, not the highest seed

That is sort of "cheesy" isn't it. The NCAA should set down a format and follow it every time.
Nah.

It's the Golden Rule. He who supplies the Gold ($$$) makes the Rules.

Have feeling that this may be a rather boring semi(rutgers cornell may be closeish) and final. As much as pains me to say just don’t see anyone left giving anything close to a game vs maryland. Could shut down their top 2 guys completely but would still have their next 4 guys snipe you everytime. While 2 of those 4 can beat their man mostly at will. Princeton does have decent d plays well together and their offense has pieces to score. Erik peters def needs to be above 65% on saves atleast. If weirman(however spell it) does what he’s been doing tho think even if peters saves 75% maryland still wins by 2goals. Stranger things have happen tho and will root for that this game, but maryland just on diff level.(taste so gross when hits the lips)

Really pulling for Cornell but I think we are looking at a B10 final and even though Maryland is more talented, there is something be said about Rutgers program right now.

They've done a *sigh* admirable job with it since they have decided to invest and focus on it more seriously.

I would not be surprised to see them win it all *barf*

Really pulling for Cornell but I think we are looking at a B10 final and even though Maryland is more talented, there is something be said about Rutgers program right now.

They've done a *sigh* admirable job with it since they have decided to invest and focus on it more seriously.

I would not be surprised to see them win it all *barf*
I think Rutgers is going to be good for some time to come. They (along with Maryland) are uniquely positioned to be monsters in the transfer portal every year, particularly for grads. Hot-bed state (or getting there) able to offer instate tuition for a bunch of kids likely trying to find their way to The City (with relatively low admissions standards).

Four or five years in New Brunswick. :vomit: But one or two years seems doable.

The best part about this year's final four are the games between Tampa vs Mercy and RIT vs Union.

The best part about this year's final four are the games between Tampa vs Mercy and RIT vs Union.
Agree! The D1 semis are the least exciting to me in recent memory. Rutgers Cornell could be a good game but doesn't have the star power. I just hope that Maryland doesn't have a brain cramp cause they deserve to roll to the championship.

Be nice if Princeton can give Maryland a game but suspect Ill only be watching a half before I go on to enjoy my day

Best wishes to the Kirst boys in the other game . Both are difference makers for their respective teams .

Location, location, location. They got to bring the final 4 back to Baltimore. It is the best venue. You can walk from your hotel to the games, the aquariumn & the inner harbor. Even though it's the farther away it is way better than Hartford, Boston or Philly.

Final Fours booked through 2026...

RoundCityVenueDatesHost
QuarterfinalAnnapolis, Md.Navy - Marine Corps Memorial StadiumMay 21U.S. Naval Academy
QuarterfinalAlbany, N.Y.Tom & Mary Casey StadiumMay 20Albany
ChampionshipPhiladelphiaLincoln Financial FieldMay 27, 29Drexel

RoundCityVenueDatesHost
QuarterfinalTowson, Md.Unitas StadiumMay 19Towson and Maryland Sports
QuarterfinalHempstead, N.Y.James H. Shuart StadiumMay 18Hofstra
ChampionshipPhiladelphiaLincoln Financial FieldMay 25, 27Drexel

RoundCityVenueDatesHost
QuarterfinalAnnapolis, Md.Navy - Marine Corps Memorial StadiumMay 18U.S. Naval Academy
QuarterfinalProvidence, R.I.Brown StadiumMay 17Brown
ChampionshipFoxborough, Mass.Gillette StadiumMay 24, 26Harvard and Gillette Stadium

RoundCityVenueDatesHost
QuarterfinalHempstead, N.Y.James. H. Shuart StadiumMay 16Hofstra
QuarterfinalNewark, Del.Delaware StadiumMay 17Delaware
ChampionshipFoxborough, Mass.Gillette StadiumMay 23, 25Harvard and Gillette Stadium

Location, location, location. They got to bring the final 4 back to Baltimore. It is the best venue. You can walk from your hotel to the games, the aquariumn & the inner harbor. Even though it's the farther away it is way better than Hartford, Boston or Philly.

I live a little south of Baltimore and while having the Championships here is fine, I don't think I'm basing that on the Aquarium or the Inner Harbor (which is mostly sad now and nothing like it was years ago). I like it when it's in Philly, parking is easier and you've got the Xfinity live center that has plenty of Bars/Restaurant choices like 100 yards away from the stadium.

Never been to the Xfinity Live Center, I'll have to check it out next year.

Andrew and Justin Kim are both Seniors at Rutgers.

Neither has played since March.

the xfinity center is awesome and has some fantastic food. As stated before i live just outside philly. Usually draws pretty decent crowd also when held here. Which is why been waiting since 2013 for cuse to return to chip when held in philly to wipe out the taste of watching duke dominate 2nd half of that game to win chip. Just can’t have only chip of cuse when in philly be one they lose to duke. Need a winning memory from my hometown.

I also witness one of the best finishes from cuse in acc tourney held at ppl park in chester when we tied it and then won it with just 20 seconds left vs duke. That was an awesome game which ended fantastic and was actual first date of my now wife and I. That’s right first actual date took her to cuse duke game. Also since then every game she attended with me or actually sat and watch we have never lost. Clearly lately haven’t been able to get her to watch games last two years. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom