NCAA Going After Pitino...Again | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Going After Pitino...Again

Law & Order: Complex Case Unit?

In the college basketball system, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The coaches, who identify recruits, and the agents, who bribe them. These are their stories...

The win at any cost meatheads will not be fazed.

leave the guy alone already jeez...they already exiled him to iona

if ncaabb was pristine and he was the only one breaking rules it would be one thing

this just seems petty and spiteful at this point
Leeaaveee Pitino alooone!

He allegedly gave carte blanche to everybody and anybody who could land a top recruit:

NCAA Alleges Rick Pitino Authorized Bribery of Recruit, per Report - Sports Illustrated

Guess that ends the Pitino to SU boomlet.
The NCAA is going to become like the Dodo, extinct. They have no real authority anymore over the Big schools.
Eventually the Big football and basketball schools will make their own rules, open season anything goes.
They won't waste money trying to find cheaters. Everything will be out in the open, and eventually most of America will turn them off.

Same allegations. This is triggered by merle code’s book. Nothing really new here.

Same allegations. This is triggered by merle code’s book. Nothing really new here.
There are new allegations from the NCAA. That's, um, new:

"The release of former Adidas consultant Merl Code’s book Black Market—which claims that former Louisville coach Rick Pitino had knowledge of and authorized payments to players’ families—caused the NCAA’s Complex Case Unit to issue additional formal allegations of infractions against Pitino, claiming that he offered a $100,000 payment to the father of former recruit Brian Bowen in 2017.

BTW, what happened to my icon? Was it due to political connotations, or has the statute of limitations on anything that Dubya might have done run out? Mods?

giphy (25).gif

"The release of former Adidas consultant Merl Code’s book Black Market—which claims that former Louisville coach Rick Pitino had knowledge of and authorized payments to players’ families—caused the NCAA’s Complex Case Unit to issue additional formal allegations of infractions against Pitino, claiming that he offered a $100,000 payment to the father of former recruit Brian Bowen in 2017.

BTW, what happened to my icon? Was it due to political connotations, or has the statute of limitations on anything that Dubya might have done run out? Mods?

Maybe but same recruit, same $100k payment, same lack of institutional control.

The win at any cost meatheads will not be fazed.
Heeeey, I resemble that remark!
And no, I’m not a “win-at-any-cost meathead” as you described.
One can still acknowledge Pitino’s greatness, regardless of his immorality & ineptitude at handling other matters. He may not be the sharpest tool in the shed either- not after repeated run-ins w/ the powers that be.
Needless to say, this likely ends any fantasy re; SU. But…he’s still a great coach.

What's wild about this is that we're talking about Brian Bowen, who I don't remember. Not Sebastian Telfair. Bowen's worth $100,000. So what would Pitino have offered some of those actual high-end talents he used to recruit?

What's wild about this is that we're talking about Brian Bowen, who I don't remember. Not Sebastian Telfair. Bowen's worth $100,000. So what would Pitino have offered some of those actual high-end talents he used to recruit?

Also, not sure what doc it was from, may have been "The Scheme" on HBO, but they were talking about some kids going to mid majors getting $50k.

You don’t even have to hide bags anymore Leave the man alone
Based on your handle and commentary, I'm starting to wonder if you are The Swordsman himself. If so, I hope my avatar doesn't offend you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom