Cross Country - NCAA Northeast Regionals [Buffalo, NY]: Fri Nov 15 | Syracusefan.com

Cross Country NCAA Northeast Regionals [Buffalo, NY]: Fri Nov 15

Got a message from my former teammate/coach of my alma mater. The regional is going to be run on the roads. The course is not runnable. This will really change the dynamic of event. Not sure I have ever seen or heard of this being done before.

Got a message from my former teammate/coach of my alma mater. The regional is going to be run on the roads. The course is not runnable. This will really change the dynamic of event. Not sure I have ever seen or heard of this being done before.

Assuming the golf course is either frozen or covered with snow.

Here is a picture he sent from Tuesday. It seems that the rain prior to the snow has made the course too treacherous as to make it unrunnable. They couldn't even plow it without getting stuck in mud.

snowregionals.jpg

Women's 2K Split

Syracuse in 3rd

Vestri in 2nd.

2-28-30-37-43

Women's 4K Split

Syracuse in 2nd (3 points behind Harvard)

Vestri in 1st

1-16-21-25-40

Men's 10K Final

Syracuse 2nd (Top 2 teams qualify for Nationals)

6-10-21-22-27

Last edited:
Harvard takes 1-2-4. That’s an impressive, surprising result

Harvard takes 1-2-3. That’s an impressive, surprising result

Alex Masai from Hofstra took #1 overall. All the team standings don't update until you get 5 across. Hofstra went 1-14-217-223-246.

Joe Dragon from SU finished 6th overall.

Men's 10K Final

Syracuse 2nd (Top 2 teams qualify for Nationals)

6-10-21-22-27
Thanks for posting all of this. After women’s race I found the timing company that allows you to follow along and get updates throughout the race. That’s a nice way to follow along and see the race unfold.

Alex Masai from Hofstra took #1 overall. All the team standings don't update until you get 5 across. Hofstra went 1-14-217-223-246.

Joe Dragon from SU finished 6th overall.
Thanks for clearing that up. I was thinking that some teams might be incomplete and not count in team scoring (which happens a lot in high school).