NCAA QBR | Syracusefan.com

NCAA QBR

upperdeck

Living Legend
DJ Uiagalelei21/272318.62191.2

Garrett Shrader20/2328712.53086.8

I get that the QBR is somewhat adjusted for down and distance etc and Opp.. But Clemson played Furman and SU played UConn

Really hard to understand how DJ ends up with a better QBR in this system based on stats. I guess a little bit of the running but then shrader had 2 tds and DJ none.. They both ran for 35 yds or so..

In regular old passer rating, Shafer is 4th nationally (205.08), and DJ is 61st (143.98). O'Connell of Purdue is right behind DJ.
Yeah, GS has been super efficient. The key for him is to be able to step up and set up. When he’s falling off because he’s under pressure are when you see the shorted balls.

QBR is a waste. I know not everyone has access but PFF is much better. QBR only uses a handful of metrics while PFF uses about 20. For the season, including their preliminary grades for yesterdays games, as a passer Shrader is 3rd while DJ is 14th. O’Connell is 65th.

Ok, so let me get this straight - based on both QBR and PFF, Purdue's QB is in the 60's nationally, Shrader's in the single digits, and we're worried that Purdue's QB is going to shred us? Maybe, it should be the other way around? Yes, I'm as giddy as it comes, right now.

QBR is a waste. I know not everyone has access but PFF is much better. QBR only uses a handful of metrics while PFF uses about 20. For the season, including their preliminary grades for yesterdays games, as a passer Shrader is 3rd while DJ is 14th. O’Connell is 65th.
PFF is probably the best resource available by a large margin. There’s some built in subjectivity that can’t really be verified, but overall I trust it more than anything else.

PFF is probably the best resource available by a large margin. There’s some built in subjectivity that can’t really be verified, but overall I trust it more than anything else.

I’m sure you know but all NFL teams subscribe to it. I like the fact that over the next couple days they evaluate every play for every player. Our eyeballs can be pretty successful in evaluating a QB or a RB. It’s the OL and defense I like to check PFF for.

I’m sure you know but all NFL teams subscribe to it. I like the fact that over the next couple days they evaluate every play for every player. Our eyeballs can be pretty successful in evaluating a QB or a RB. It’s the OL and defense I like to check PFF for.

How do they do that, do they get film from the teams? Or do they just rely on what they can put together from the broadcast?

Ok, so let me get this straight - based on both QBR and PFF, Purdue's QB is in the 60's nationally, Shrader's in the single digits, and we're worried that Purdue's QB is going to shred us? Maybe, it should be the other way around? Yes, I'm as giddy as it comes, right now.

I do think our CBs are going to get a workout next week. But I have all the confidence in the world in those guys.

How do they do that, do they get film from the teams? Or do they just rely on what they can put together from the broadcast?

I do not know. But they must get film from someplace since they grade everyone and include how many snaps each player played and not just their position but where such as inside or outside.

I do think our CBs are going to get a workout next week. But I have all the confidence in the world in those guys.
Yep, won’t be surprised to see Wilson get his first pick of his career. He will be on the field a decent amount (because our DBs are going to get a workout as you say) and I am sure Purdue will target him.

I do not know. But they must get film from someplace since they grade everyone and include how many snaps each player played and not just their position but where such as inside or outside.
Somebody told me that nearly all college teams share their film cuts (through Hudl or wherever) because it takes so much work off of their plates.

And as you said, they have been working with all 32 NFL teams for a number of years already.

DJ Uiagalelei21/272318.62191.2

Garrett Shrader20/2328712.53086.8

I get that the QBR is somewhat adjusted for down and distance etc and Opp.. But Clemson played Furman and SU played UConn

Really hard to understand how DJ ends up with a better QBR in this system based on stats. I guess a little bit of the running but then shrader had 2 tds and DJ none.. They both ran for 35 yds or so..
I think ESPN posted Shrader‘s Completion% not his QBR which should be 158.24

I'm not sure exactly how they do it, but I can find out. Maybe I can get my buddy from my college days to come here and post, he works as an evaluator for PFF. I know one year he was assigned Wyoming's defense, and he had to watch nothing but their D.

qbr only goes to 100
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Passer rating in the NFL is on a scale from 0 to 158.3. Passing efficiency in college football is on a scale from −731.6 to 1261.6.
The calculator said ncaa but must have been nfl.
20 of 23 is 86.9%

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Passer rating in the NFL is on a scale from 0 to 158.3. Passing efficiency in college football is on a scale from −731.6 to 1261.6.
The calculator said ncaa but must have been nfl.
20 of 23 is 86.9%
But I see ESPN uses a different formula Total QBR and your correct and it’s stupid lol!

huh...that's some sorcery

I'm not sure exactly how they do it, but I can find out. Maybe I can get my buddy from my college days to come here and post, he works as an evaluator for PFF. I know one year he was assigned Wyoming's defense, and he had to watch nothing but their D.
They have to have the coaches cuts that they dissect on Sundays and Mondays but understanding the process would be interesting. These scouting and stats companies must so complex that they are able to generate the info so fast.

Overall.
Shrader is #2
DJ #49

OT. We have the #15,16,24 graded lbers in the country.

Last edited:
Overall.
Shrader is #2
DJ #49

OT. We have the #15,16,24 graded lbers in the country.

Yep. But they were talking about as a passer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom