NCAA rules Memphis F/C James Wiseman ineligible | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA rules Memphis F/C James Wiseman ineligible

I'm wondering how much more money he took and from who...

I wouldn't be surprised if Cole Anthony follows suit in about 4-5 weeks.
College Basketball is so broken. The NBA needs to amend the draft again so these kids go right from high school. One and Done ruins it for about 100 schools because of the trickle down effect. About 6 schools are able to manage it properly. Zags, Nova?

The college game has never looked more grim.
They need to get this fixed soon

The kids aren't skilled enough coming into school. That's not an NBA or NCAA problem. College has been on a decline for sometime now.

College Basketball is so broken. The NBA needs to amend the draft again so these kids go right from high school. One and Done ruins it for about 100 schools because of the trickle down effect. About 6 schools are able to manage it properly. Zags, Nova?
I agree, and your post probably assumes KU, UK, NC, and Duke.
Virginia, Arizona, Mich St, Florida... Oregon's done a good job. Big East has been navigating well.

What a purposeful and meaningful suspension the NCAA handed down to this kid! We canNOT have anyone giving money to poor kids. Unacceptable.

What a purposeful and meaningful suspension the NCAA handed down to this kid! We canNOT have anyone giving money to poor kids. Unacceptable.
Don't die on this hill.
Hardaway cheated the Tennessee public high schools by recruiting Wiseman and buying the family a house in his school's catchment area so Wiseman would play for him. Then, when Hardaway became the coach at Memphis, he brought Wiseman there. If Wiseman had gone to another school (As if!), there probably wouldn't have been a problem and probably wouldn't have been suspended. both of them tried to beat the system. They were caught and punished. The suspension was for 12(?) games, not for the whole season or permanently (which he really deserved). Wiseman just didn't want to go to class anymore and left school.

Don't die on this hill.
Hardaway cheated the Tennessee public high schools by recruiting Wiseman and buying the family a house in his school's catchment area so Wiseman would play for him. Then, when Hardaway became the coach at Memphis, he brought Wiseman there. If Wiseman had gone to another school (As if!), there probably wouldn't have been a problem and probably wouldn't have been suspended. both of them tried to beat the system. They were caught and punished. The suspension was for 12(?) games, not for the whole season or permanently (which he really deserved). Wiseman just didn't want to go to class anymore and left school.
Wiseman didn’t want to repay 12k to play a sport for free where the NCAA would have been able to make money off his likeness in March madness.

It’s stupid when thought out. Why should the guy pay for the privilege of playing for free. When he will a top 3 NBA pick and doesn’t need to play.

Don't die on this hill.

I’m of the opinion that in America, people can give money to who they want to give money to.

Wiseman didn’t want to repay 12k to play a sport for free where the NCAA would have been able to make money off his likeness in March madness.

It’s stupid when thought out. Why should the guy pay for the privilege of playing for free. When he will a top 3 NBA pick and doesn’t need to play.
When he was declared ineligible, he should have just gone to Europe, etc., to play if he thought the "fine" was unfair. He and Hardaway cheated. They got caught and punished. They're still totally unrepentant about it. I know I'm defending the Devil here with you folks, but this wasn't transgressing some minor technicality. Where do you want the line drawn (assuming, of course, you want one drawn in the first place)?

Simple - if the kid is good enough to go from high school to nba then he should and he should profit from it. The ncaa has a lot of problems right now and most likely more than ever because everyone including lawmakers are starting to see how corrupt they actually are. Worst organization in the world. And it’s not even close

I’m of the opinion that in America, people can give money to who they want to give money to.
So you're saying, if I'm Arnold Rothstein, I can give money to several players on the White Sox to throw the World Series, make a fortune on the rigged bets, and that's OK? Or, if I'm Paul Tudor Jones, I can give money to the refs to make sure that the next time UVa plays SU, UVa not only wins, but doubles the point spread?

There are a lot of lines in life and most of them are not that difficult to observe.

So it’s OK for Duke to pay their players under the table? I just want to be clear here.

So you're saying, if I'm Arnold Rothstein, I can give money to several players on the White Sox to throw the World Series, make a fortune on the rigged bets, and that's OK? Or, if I'm Paul Tudor Jones, I can give money to the refs to make sure that the next time UVa plays SU, UVa not only wins, but doubles the point spread?

There are a lot of lines in life and most of them are not that difficult to observe.

Yes!!!

Simple - if the kid is good enough to go from high school to nba then he should and he should profit from it. The ncaa has a lot of problems right now and most likely more than ever because everyone including lawmakers are starting to see how corrupt they actually are. Worst organization in the world. And it’s not even close

He can. Just not by going to college. And the NBA doesn't want him. Soooooo, he has the freedom to pursue any other option in the entire WORLD!

Sounds like the “Look the Other Way” program.

Our issues should have been resolved through this process as well.

Note: I didn’t actually read what the Independent Accountability Resolution Process consists of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom