NCAA wants to change rules for graduate transfers | Syracusefan.com

NCAA wants to change rules for graduate transfers

N.C.A.A. Clock May Be Running Out on Graduate Transfers

So the NCAA has to continue trying to restrict players rights.
The new rule proposed would mean if you took a graduate transfer they would use up a scholarship for 2 years even if they only play 1 year.
As it takes 2 years to get a graduate degree.
This would basically put an end to grad transfers. Total BS. It's just another way for the blue bloods to suppress competition from the "peasant" programs.

This is the next lawsuit, and the NCAA will lose, again. Its essentially the old baseball reserve clause. It also lays bare the purpose of college athletics, which is money, and not education.

This would basically put an end to grad transfers. Total BS. It's just another way for the blue bloods to suppress competition from the "peasant" programs.
I think schools will just make 1 year graduate degrees if they have to adjust and will just make the program some useless public policy degree.

there is an easy compromise: if the student doesn't finish the degree within a normal time frame, the school gets dinged a scholarship at a future point

it is fair because grad school slots are a limited commodity, and wasting them on a kid who is not really going to use it just because he can play ball is unfair to all the kids who didn't get admitted

I think schools will just make 1 year graduate degrees if they have to adjust and will just make the program some useless public policy degree.
Except that require the cooperation of the academics and they despise the athletic department, usually. And it cheapens the degree.

The new rule proposed would mean if you took a graduate transfer they would use up a scholarship for 2 years even if they only play 1 year.

There is 100% a 1 year accounting program at su.

But we dont use all are scholarships and are impenetrable to sanctions, so im all for the rule so syracuse can become grad transfer u

Using that logic all other scholarships should be held against the schools for 4 years. I wonder how Cal and K would like that.

I don't think this would hurt SYR that much.If there is a really good transfer out there that would make a major impact losing that schollie for the extra year wouldn't be so bad. We have 14 schollies available. We usually don't play more than 7 or 8 anyway. There should be some cushion if we went down to 13 or 12 for a year. We usually end up giving a schollie to a walkon for his senior year anyway.

Hey!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom