ND must vacate 21 wins from 2012-13 | Syracusefan.com

ND must vacate 21 wins from 2012-13

I keep noticing that state schools do relatively well in these NCAA investigations, as opposed to private schools.

Part of the NCAA's selective "enforcement" strategy -- going after private schools who on paper don't have the resources to offer as much resistance as the state schools.

Part of the NCAA's selective "enforcement" strategy -- going after private schools who on paper don't have the resources to offer as much resistance as the state schools.

Selective and capricious - the NCAA is its own worst enemy. I'm not sure how many state schools have deeper pockets than ND, so it will be interesting to see if they try to take this any further than public condemnation.

Notre Dame: "The NCAA has not chosen to ignore academic autonomy; it has instead perverted it by divorcing it from its logical and necessary connection to the underlying educational purpose."

ND self reported and cooperated with the NCAA.

It also immediately suspended the players involved.

No good deed, I guess...
Seriously? Then a ridiculous punishment

No good deed, I guess...
When the academic accrediting body puts you on probation for 2 years, you have committed bad errors, and North Carolina should have forfeited games in all sports for the 15+ years they ran sham classes.

At what point does the NCAA get dealt a death blow? It’s just a matter of time before the asteroid that is college sports slams into the triceratops that is the NCAA. Hopefully a system that actually makes sense for both the schools and players and is easily enforceable comes out of the aftermath.

At what point does the NCAA get dealt a death blow? It’s just a matter of time before the asteroid that is college sports slams into the triceratops that is the NCAA. Hopefully a system that actually makes sense for both the schools and players and is easily enforceable comes out of the aftermath.
Well, since the organization IS its member schools, it would have to start with them.

I just don't see the will to blow it up and start over.

No good deed, I guess...

Welcome to the club, Terry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep noticing that state schools do relatively well in these NCAA investigations, as opposed to private schools.

The power of the State to sue the NCAA. Comparatively, the State has infinite resources as opposed to private schools.

It was rumored that the State of Pennsylvania was about to step in if the NCAA did not exonerate UnSaint Joe Paterno and restore PedState to its former glory.

Well, since the organization IS its member schools, it would have to start with them.

I just don't see the will to blow it up and start over.

Exactly. Way too much work for the member schools to withdraw and create a new cumbersome, over bloated bureaucracy which will end up in a similar position. So long as enough powerful state schools refuse to force the NCAA to actually do its job, the nonsense will continue. Woe to the private schools and directional state u's...

Hopefully, a few private schools will band together and force the issue of fair treatment, but that will take deep pockets to support the litigation.

When do they give back all the Jim Beam they confiscated from you? ;)
Yeah the bastids I'm still waiting all these years later for some recompense!
image.jpeg

The best thing about that game was with SU up 3-0 pissing off all the domers with the nah nah nah nah hey hey good bye chant at the end of the first qrtr with them thinking we were serious!

NCAA is so low visibility for most folks that it would be amazing for an external change to take place. And there is no reason for colleges to change their practices, either. The ones who pay the most attention are their own fans.

It would take a god or beast to rule the NCAA properly.

No good deed, I guess...
This all happened with Syracuse too.

The message the NCAA is sending to its member institutions is clear.

If you find a problem, do not self report. If we, do not cooperate. Do not under any circumstances do what we require you to do.

When the organization is forced to disband, they have only themselves to blame.

Selective and capricious - the NCAA is its own worst enemy. I'm not sure how many state schools have deeper pockets than ND, so it will be interesting to see if they try to take this any further than public condemnation.

ND has deep pockets but when you think about some schools have more deep pockets to pull from...bigger alumni base. I don't know but your message got me thinking about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom