Nebraska fires Mike Riley / hires Scott Frost | Syracusefan.com

Nebraska fires Mike Riley / hires Scott Frost

Frost has become the belle of the ball. While it will be tough for him to say no to Nebraska, I think he ends up at UF.

He’ll have no trouble getting the cream of the Florida recruits to come to Gainesville to play in his high powered offense. The great northern plains doesn’t offer that same luxury.

Frost has become the belle of the ball. While it will be tough for him to say no to Nebraska, I think he ends up at UF.

He’ll have no trouble getting the cream of the Florida recruits to come to Gainesville to play in his high powered offense. The great northern plains doesn’t offer that same luxury.

You may very well be right. Back in the day, everyone thought Bob Stoops was a guarantee to take the job at his alma mater Iowa before he suddenly ended up at Oklahoma. I still think Frost goes to Nebraska though.

Nebraska can’t recruit Texas anymore that was big for them in the Big XII.
Frost isn’t stupid I don’t think he will go to Nebraska

I hope he goes to Nebraska. The UF grad I know is the biggest tool when it comes to being a sports fan, in sports fan history.

He will be Cornhusker King for Life if/when he goes there and wins.....Tom Osborne 2.0......

So, as soon as his conference championship game is over. Makes sense.

If they beat Memphis it would be tragic for his players if he doesn't coach in the NY6 bowl game.
Ain't going to happen. He needs to get out and start recruiting asap for Nebraska.

I will be very surprised if he doesn't win big there - for a very long time.

I dont think he will win much more than 6 7 a year. Its going to be very hard to bring the husker plex back. He is there best chance but its gonna be hard

Tragic?

Yes tragic. You prefer devastating, regrettable, terrible, horrible, awful? Pick whichever synonym you like. It sucks for those kids if their coach isn't there for the biggest game of their lives. I get that's the way it is and that Nebraska would be expecting him to get out and recruit, but it is a shame.

Yes tragic. You prefer devastating, regrettable, terrible, horrible, awful? Pick whichever synonym you like. It sucks for those kids if their coach isn't there for the biggest game of their lives. I get that's the way it is and that Nebraska would be expecting him to get out and recruit, but it is a shame.
You do remember that Babers left BGSU and didn't coach that team in the Go Daddy Bowl? It happens.

I dont think he will win much more than 6 7 a year. Its going to be very hard to bring the husker plex back. He is there best chance but its gonna be hard

If Wisconsin can do it, Nebraska can. They also play in the west which is complete garbage.

You do remember that Babers left BGSU and didn't coach that team in the Go Daddy Bowl? It happens.

Just because it happens doesn’t mean we should all find it acceptable. Coaches spend a lot of time gettin the players to trust them, buy into what they’re trying to do, and the families as well. There’s something backhanded about asking for that type of loyalty when you’re not going to reciprocate.

So, as soon as his conference championship game is over. Makes sense.

If they beat Memphis it would be tragic for his players if he doesn't coach in the NY6 bowl game.

Tragic?
Um, yeah. Tragic is losing your mother to cancer (or thousands of other really 'tragic' happenings). Losing your coach before a bowl game? Gotta be 678,254 on the tragic list. At best.

Just because it happens doesn’t mean we should all find it acceptable. Coaches spend a lot of time gettin the players to trust them, buy into what they’re trying to do, and the families as well. There’s something backhanded about asking for that type of loyalty when you’re not going to reciprocate.
It's not just sports. It happens in business too. Bosses leave, coaches, people leave. I'm not saying it isn't hard on kids but it's life.

"Life belongs to the living and he who lives must be prepared for changes." Goethe.

Yes tragic. You prefer devastating, regrettable, terrible, horrible, awful?
I prefer "That's life in college athletics".
upload_2017-11-30_6-47-51.gif

It's not just sports. It happens in business too. Bosses leave, coaches, people leave. I'm not saying it isn't hard on kids but it's life.

"Life belongs to the living and he who lives must be prepared for changes." Goethe.

I completely get it. I just personally think it’s sleazy. That’s coming from someone who was in the car business for 9 years before I went into education.

College sports should have some level of virtue to them and we know they don’t. It is what it is.

I prefer shame. Tragic is a bit too dramatic for me for something like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom