Need a PCR test and results within 48 hours ... | Syracusefan.com

Need a PCR test and results within 48 hours ...

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
As some are aware, I'll be in NYC to take the Queen Mary II across the pond. Sailing date is May 1. When we received our boarding passes late last week, we were told also we need to have a PCR test and the results within 48 hours of that date. We'll probably arrive in Syracuse on the 27th or 28th, and had planned to arrive in NYC via Amtrak from Syracuse on June 30. Does anyone have a suggestion on how we can make this work? Thanks.

For a Canada trip a few weeks ago, we got PCR tests at a Syracuse WellNow within 48 hours of when we intended to cross the border. Timed it well and everything went perfectly.

I am told that these are fairly expensive if they don't accept your insurance, but this was not a problem for us.

For a Canada trip a few weeks ago, we got PCR tests at a Syracuse WellNow within 48 hours of when we intended to cross the border. Timed it well and everything went perfectly.

I am told that these are fairly expensive if they don't accept your insurance, but this was not a problem for us.

Thanks. How expensive is "fairly expensive?" :)

Thanks. How expensive is "fairly expensive?" :)

I think a friend said it was plus or minus $200 when he did the same thing. So I was happy not to pay that. But really, it worked so well...seems like a lot of moving parts on the front end of a trip, but it couldn't have been smoother.

As some are aware, I'll be in NYC to take the Queen Mary II across the pond. Sailing date is May 1. When we received our boarding passes late last week, we were told also we need to have a PCR test and the results within 48 hours of that date. We'll probably arrive in Syracuse on the 27th or 28th, and had planned to arrive in NYC via Amtrak from Syracuse on June 30. Does anyone have a suggestion on how we can make this work? Thanks.
When we went on our cruise in March we did a zoom kind of PCR test in Key West before we got to Miami. It was a store bought test but it was monitored via iPad when we were doing it. Got an email within 48 hours that we were Covid free and used it for the ship. If you want more details, let me know

You can get results back the same day at the urgent cares that do the tests, If you go in the morning. They send you an email and txt the same day. I paid 150 like 5 months ago.

When we went on our cruise in March we did a zoom kind of PCR test in Key West before we got to Miami. It was a store bought test but it was monitored via iPad when we were doing it. Got an email within 48 hours that we were Covid free and used it for the ship. If you want more details, let me know

Similarly, when returning to the US from Aruba this past Friday, we required a negative test. We used the Navica website/app where they watched us unpack the test and instructed us how to do it using the phone camera. After 15 minutes on camera (you don't have to stay on camera - just make sure the test is visible the whole time), you hold up the test for them to see and confirm, and they send an email to you with an electronic document verifying your result.

CVS does them for free normally. I would just check online thougy

I think a friend said it was plus or minus $200 when he did the same thing. So I was happy not to pay that. But really, it worked so well...seems like a lot of moving parts on the front end of a trip, but it couldn't have been smoother.

I did contact the Cicero WellNow. They charge $150 for the same PCR test the Cicero Walgreens does for no charge. I just can't book the at Walgreens until 5 days prior.

Thanks to all who have responded. I now have all the above, and a few more options. :)

My wife has gone abroad 2X since Covid started, including England and Ireland. There were tests done on-line by video, monitored on the other side. Not sure if that would work for you.

Lmao...200.

I saw this

As of Sunday 06 March 2022, arriving passengers into Ireland no longer require passenger locator forms, proof of valid vaccination or recovery from COVID-19 in the prior 6 months, or evidence of a negative/not-detected result from a RT-PCR/Antigen test.

I take that meaning to go to Ireland no test is required.

I’m in Ireland now. You need nothing to go there. Need a test to return. Home test kits via video will work.
To add, 1/4 of us tested positive so we hit a local pcr to make sure. Was 89 Euro in Dublin.