Nerlens Noel will wear Orange IMO | Syracusefan.com

Nerlens Noel will wear Orange IMO

SyracuseFan

Scout Team
SU was believed to be his favorite for years. We recruited him the longest and he has the strongest relationship with our coaches and players. We have the largest arena and pretty devoted fans as he saw on MM and other games-multiple. NOW the important stuff...

His friend, teammate, floor general and almost certain team captain next year will be on the floor making sure Nerlens gets the ball when Nerlens wants. Its no mistake that a strong relationship exists between a pass first point guard and a future all american big man. Our man Nerlens def strengths would be magnified in a zone with an unarguable SU-like wingspan. Our nucleus of players is a difference maker away from title-favorites. Our practices offer competition of every body-type he'll face in the NBA. Our confrence will help him stay strong with the ball. No cakewalks inside in the BE. We offer the easiest route for his family and friends to watch him play home and away games. How many road games can his entourage attend in the SEC? His former coach loves SU.

The last reason he will decide SU and one that I recognized immediately. Oh & BTW we are one of the hottest programs out there right now. He reclassified +|- three days after Fab Melo was declared inelligible. (That day removed any doubt Fab was coming back and im sure our coaches & players informed him of this) He recently tweeted to make sure Fab was in the draft, two days later... yep Fab entered the draft. Irony?

I may be naive but... I fully expect Nerlens Noel will committ to SU.

He recently tweeted to make sure Fab was in the draft, two days later... yep Fab entered the draft. Irony?

His tweet was sarcasm because Syracuse fans kept telling him Fab had declared. If anything that annoyed him and hurt our chances, not helped. All your other points are good, however.

@JonCalimari: Nerlens missing in home visit? Can't change spring break to make sure his mom likes his future leader and coach? I don't buy that for a second.

So Princeton2 comes with flowers and NN's mom falls in love, "he's a nice guy mom". So Nerlens ponders playing in empty arena's and shows respect to his mom and the crippled foooorrmer power with a loooong lost history of good big men. He mills it over and says I can't do it! I can't get forgotten about at princeton2 mom! I gotta blog about this "I'm gonna play for a program who runs and guns and allows me to make super athletic plays" Sorry Gtown nice guys finish last, sometimes. I believe around this time NN decides to publicly clear the smoggy air between SU fans and his mom, whether true or not her concerns with the circling vultures of shock jock media. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe around this time he tweeted that this wasn't true.

So what has changed in the last 48 hours? I think he decided to play for SU in January when Fab was almost kicked out of School. Did he suddenly decide that dissappearing in a bad system within a horrible college sports town was a good idea?

Or did he decide suddenly it was a good idea to go to UK's pressure cooker small town without Mouhamed and the extra points his attention would have provided? How about pressure for a defense oriented player? Go to UK and try and fill the shoes of the national champion 6'11" point guard with a alien esque growth spurt in Davis?

Unless he makes a decision that doesn't make sense and doesn't follow his previous train of thought he will be playing in Syracuse.

His PG is at SU, do you want to play for a pass first humble floor leader with a great nucleus or go into a pressure cooker?

@JonCalimari: Nerlens missing in home visit? Can't change spring break to make sure his mom likes his future leader and coach? I don't buy that for a second.

So Princeton2 comes with flowers and NN's mom falls in love, "he's a nice guy mom". So Nerlens ponders playing in empty arena's and shows respect to his mom and the crippled foooorrmer power with a loooong lost history of good big men. He mills it over and says I can't do it! I can't get forgotten about at princeton2 mom! I gotta blog about this "I'm gonna play for a program who runs and guns and allows me to make super athletic plays" Sorry Gtown nice guys finish last, sometimes. I believe around this time NN decides to publicly clear the smoggy air between SU fans and his mom, whether true or not her concerns with the circling vultures of shock jock media. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe around this time he tweeted that this wasn't true.

So what has changed in the last 48 hours? I think he decided to play for SU in January when Fab was almost kicked out of School. Did he suddenly decide that dissappearing in a bad system within a horrible college sports town was a good idea?

Or did he decide suddenly it was a good idea to go to UK's pressure cooker small town without Mouhamed and the extra points his attention would have provided? How about pressure for a defense oriented player? Go to UK and try and fill the shoes of the national champion 6'11" point guard with a alien esque growth spurt in Davis?

Unless he makes a decision that doesn't make sense and doesn't follow his previous train of thought he will be playing in Syracuse.

His PG is at SU, do you want to play for a pass first humble floor leader with a great nucleus or go into a pressure cooker?
Lexington isn't exactly a small town.

A 's lot of good points, hope it happens.

One disagreement however, the "almost certain team captain" is Brandon Triche. And it's not even close.

We'll see on Wednesday.

imo hope is slim and none. i'm thinking kentucky. if i'm wrong bring out #44.

You are right it's bigger than I remembered. However, to me its still a small town, in fact it's so small I just forgot about it.

Umm, Syracuse is quite a bit smaller.

Umm, Syracuse is quite a bit smaller.
As of the 2010 census, Syracuse (145k) is less than half the size of Lexington (295k).

So yes, I'd say we can move past saying Lexington is a small town.

As of the 2010 census, Syracuse (145k) is less than half the size of Lexington (295k).

So yes, I'd say we can move past saying Lexington is a small town.
I think you're comparing the county that Lexington is in and the City of Syracuse by itself.

Fayette County The population was 295,803 in the 2010 Census.
Onondaga County As of the 2010 census, the population was 467,026.

I think you're comparing the county that Lexington is in and the City of Syracuse by itself.

Fayette County The population was 295,803 in the 2010 Census.
Onondaga County As of the 2010 census, the population was 467,026.
From Wikipedia...

Lexington (officially Lexington-Fayette Urban County) is the second-largest city in Kentucky and the 63rd largest in the US. Known as the "Thoroughbred City" and the "Horse Capital of the World", it is located in the heart of Kentucky's Bluegrass region. In the 2010 Census the city's population was 295,803, anchoring a metropolitan area of 472,099 people and a Combined Statistical Area of 687,173 people.

I am thinking Syracuse...
I don't think he would be hanging out with Coleman and Grant. if he wasn't. I believe he is waiting to hang out with mcw more.
As of right now we probably have a better team then UK next year as well. He wasn't hanging out with Shabazzz and wasn't hanging out with other UK recruits. I think the frendship with MCW and signs hes hanging out with Dajuan and Grant really pointed towards us , and thats saying alot.

He could be pretty good on Gtwon but thets be honest Gtown has been in the dumps and doesn't have alot of good players next year either.
We were rated to get to the championship game 2 of the last three years.
Anyone that doesn't have us in the top 10 even as of right now probably has us underated.

We are already returning just under 25 PPG from Fair, Triche and James alone as of last year.
They should bring us 30 points per game pretty easily together.
Then you add, MCW, DC2, Noel, Rak, Cooney, on top of it :D

SU was believed to be his favorite for years. We recruited him the longest and he has the strongest relationship with our coaches and players. We have the largest arena and pretty devoted fans as he saw on MM and other games-multiple. NOW the important stuff...

His friend, teammate, floor general and almost certain team captain next year will be on the floor making sure Nerlens gets the ball when Nerlens wants. Its no mistake that a strong relationship exists between a pass first point guard and a future all american big man. Our man Nerlens def strengths would be magnified in a zone with an unarguable SU-like wingspan. Our nucleus of players is a difference maker away from title-favorites. Our practices offer competition of every body-type he'll face in the NBA. Our confrence will help him stay strong with the ball. No cakewalks inside in the BE. We offer the easiest route for his family and friends to watch him play home and away games. How many road games can his entourage attend in the SEC? His former coach loves SU.

The last reason he will decide SU and one that I recognized immediately. Oh & BTW we are one of the hottest programs out there right now. He reclassified +|- three days after Fab Melo was declared inelligible. (That day removed any doubt Fab was coming back and im sure our coaches & players informed him of this) He recently tweeted to make sure Fab was in the draft, two days later... yep Fab entered the draft. Irony?

I may be naive but... I fully expect Nerlens Noel will committ to SU.
let's count the number of errors you have made:

1. "SU was believed to be his favorite for years." for months maybe . . . it was believed for most of his prep career that he would skip college entirely and play for pay overseas
  2. "His friend, teammate, floor general and almost certain team captain next year" team captains are always seniors or, when there are no seniors, juniors. It is a certainty that Triche will be team captain; the only question is whether Dirty will join him as co-captain.
  3. " making sure Nerlens gets the ball when Nerlens wants." He is very raw offensively and the Orange need buckets . . . he would be the fifth option on offense any time he was on the floor for SU
  4. "We have the largest arena and pretty devoted fans" true, but Kentucky has the 2nd largest arena and fills it to a higher capacity than us, and there is little doubt that they have a much more fanatical following
  5. " we are one of the hottest programs" but Kentucky is even hotter . . . and it's been 10 years since we have made a Final Four. Even Georgetown has been there more recently than us
  6. "I may be naive" OK, you got that one right

Moqui... no need for your know-all vitriolic post...

Get out of here with those crazy "fact" things, moqui.

Lexington isn't exactly a small town.
It's funny how people think that, and only because it's in Kentucky, when it's twice the size of Syracuse. It's the same as when people outside of NY think the whole state is like NYC.

Just turn your brain off until Wednesday. Using logic to figure out the mind of a 17 year old is an exercise in futility.

Remember, Tobias Harris was in tight with the team two years ago.

In the end, he probably goes elsewhere. Such is life. If I had to blame it on any one thing it would probably the be the lackluster football facilities.

Personally I think it's the outright failure to ever get DestiNY USA off the ground.

From Wikipedia...

Lexington (officially Lexington-Fayette Urban County) is the second-largest city in Kentucky and the 63rd largest in the US. Known as the "Thoroughbred City" and the "Horse Capital of the World", it is located in the heart of Kentucky's Bluegrass region. In the 2010 Census the city's population was 295,803, anchoring a metropolitan area of 472,099 people and a Combined Statistical Area of 687,173 people.
That 687,173 is the sum of 13 counties surrounding Lexington.

That 687,173 is the sum of 13 counties surrounding Lexington.
I'm only referencing the 295k, which it says is the population of the CITY of Lexington.

Lexington is a larger city than Syracuse, but it appears more people live "near" Syracuse than "near" Lexington

You guys are picking apart minor errors (size of city, team captains etc). His main point is NN seems to have closer and better relationships with SU players and the coaching staff. That seems accurate. Whether that is enough to sway NN to choose SU we will find out on the 11th.

Moqui... no need for your know-all vitriolic post...

Now that's pretty funny on a lot of levels.