Netflix | Syracusefan.com

Netflix

temery

What?
I"ll have to think about my answer to the top five favorite movies.

In the mean time, I have a question for Netflix subscribers: What are the top two or three Netflix movies or tv series you would recommend?

Every time I start thinking about dropping Netflix, I find a reason to keep my subscription. My most recent find is the series "Numb3rs." I never saw the show when it was running, but I'm kind of hooked at this point.

I liked Numb3rs when it was on. The later seasons, as happens with most shows, tend to run out of steam.

I liked Lillehammer - kind of a Sopranos rip off with a twist. The lead character from the NY mob is put in witness protection - in Norway. Little Steven from Sopranos and the E Street Band stars.

I haven't been on Netflix in awhile so I don't know if it's still available, but if it is, I couldn't recommend the show Party Down any more highly. Two seasons and freaking hilarious. It was on Starz and featured people like Adam Scott (Parks and Rec), Ken Marino (from The State, Wet Hot American Summer, etc), and Jane Lynch (first season - she left for Glee and was replaced by Megan Mullaly), and was conceived by Paul Rudd and Rob Thomas (the guy who created Veronica Mars). Lots of hilarious guest stars. It's about a catering company in LA so everyone working there is either a wannabe actor, washed up actor, wannabe writer, or whatever, and each episode deals with them working a different event.

It's truly one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.

EDIT: Oh, and Sherlock. Sherlock is freaking awesome.

Another one: Eureka. It was a SyFy series which just ended this year, so it had a pretty low budget and tended to be awfully nerdy, but was a REALLY fun and funny show. The star, Colin Ferguson, is a great comedic actor (particularly when it comes to physical comedy). It's worth watching for his performance alone.

NetFlix has all the Law & Orders, (except the UK version). I'm watching CI now. Vincent Donofrio is terrific and I can't keep my eyes off of Saffron Burroughs, who partnered with Jeff Goldblum for a season. Also all of the Star Treks. The first 4 seasons of Mad Men.
Foyle's War, a BBC mystery set in England during WWII. Michael Kitchen is outstanding in the starring Role. Six seasons of Poirot, with David Suchet as Poirot. Suchet is amazing. Murder One (DVD Only) with Daniel Benzali along with a very young and very pretty Mary McCormack (In Plain Sight).

Battlestar Galactica! been on Netflix for years, still one of the most under rated series ever, cause of the undeserved stigma attached to it.

also Firefly is always on Netflix if you never got around to watching that cult classic. Best part is that the movie "Serenity" is also streaming, which is the movie Joss Whedon made to conclude the story after they foolishly canceled Firefly mid season. (which is a fantastic movie even on its own)

Always Sunny in Philadelphia also now streaming as of like last week.

Pretty sure they are still streaming all 6 seasons of Lost.

... and of course...

Breaking Bad
Mad Men
The Office
Louie
The League
South Park
Top Gear
30 Rock
Arrested Development
Archer
Parks & Rec
Walking Dead
Sherlock
Sons of Anarchy
Weeds
Doctor Who
Wilfred
Hell on Wheels
Alias
Friday Night Lights
Eureka
1st season of Heroes (after that dont bother)

... all these shows, on demand, without any ads, for $7.99/mo. ... really is the best deal in TV.

I liked Numb3rs when it was on. The later seasons, as happens with most shows, tend to run out of steam.

I liked Lillehammer - kind of a Sopranos rip off with a twist. The lead character from the NY mob is put in witness protection - in Norway. Little Steven from Sopranos and the E Street Band stars.

Lillehammer is absolutely the worst show I have ever seen and yet I could not stop watching. It was fantastically bad.

Lillehammer is absolutely the worst show I have ever seen and yet I could not stop watching. It was fantastically bad.
Really? It wasn't the best thing I've ever seen, but it was far from the worst, IMO.

Same here. I don't know why I watched it, but Ive seen every episode.

I do wonder why there hasn't been a good Sopranos knock off series.

Battlestar Galactica! been on Netflix for years, still one of the most under rated series ever, cause of the undeserved stigma attached to it.

also Firefly is always on Netflix if you never got around to watching that cult classic. Best part is that the movie "Serenity" is also streaming, which is the movie Joss Whedon made to conclude the story after they foolishly canceled Firefly mid season. (which is a fantastic movie even on its own)

Agree wholeheartedly on Firefly/Serenity. They just had a reunion on some Network, didn't watch it yet though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom