Neutral Site Games | Syracusefan.com

Neutral Site Games

Ish88888

All American
While I love the fact that teams are going out and playing other big boys early in the year; I am not a fan of these neutral site games. Other than Lambeau, these sites , like jerry world arent college atmospheres. Taking previous college home games off campus and loosing the energy and vibe stinks. As season ticket holders and the dumb Metlife series, we can relate. I give ND credit for going down to Austin last night and also Clemson for going to Jordan-Hair.

While I love the fact that teams are going out and playing other big boys early in the year; I am not a fan of these neutral site games. Other than Lambeau, these sites , like jerry world arent college atmospheres. Taking previous college home games off campus and loosing the energy and vibe stinks. As season ticket holders and the dumb Metlife series, we can relate. I give ND credit for going down to Austin last night and also Clemson for going to Jordan-Hair.

I don't mind them, except some of them are anything but Neutral sites, Uga playing in the Georgia Dome, Fsu playing in Orlando.

I don't mind them, except some of them are anything but Neutral sites, Uga playing in the Georgia Dome, Fsu playing in Orlando.

Yea, i get it, so why not just play in Tallahassee tonight?

I don't know, it looks a little better to the playoff committee, are they playing Ole Miss next year at Ole Miss?

since these teams have wide followings perhaps they want others to have a chance to see the teams

They're actually pretty lucky that it wasn't scheduled to be in Tallahassee tonight. Hermine caused massive power outages in the area that they are still dealing with as of right now.

To each their own, but I LOVE these opening weekend neutral site games.

The Orlando / Tampa area has far more alumni and fans than Tallahassee does. Much like SU they don't stick around after graduation and head back down state.
It gives people a chance to see the team that don't like the 4+ hour drive and trying to find an overpriced hotel on game day.

Very similar to JB trying to keep MSG an annual thing.

While I love the fact that teams are going out and playing other big boys early in the year; I am not a fan of these neutral site games. Other than Lambeau, these sites , like jerry world arent college atmospheres. Taking previous college home games off campus and loosing the energy and vibe stinks. As season ticket holders and the dumb Metlife series, we can relate.
It's about money and big-pay days. These big boys programs need money to keep their spot among the big boys that's why they take those games.

The ESPN crawler kept saying that the Houston-Oklahoma game was played at a neutral site...

...NRG Stadium...

...which happens to be smack dab in the middle of Houston

I'm sure Okie fans would disagree with the nuetral site classification of that game. Especially after their 6 hour drive back to Oklahoma

The ESPN crawler kept saying that the Houston-Oklahoma game was played at a neutral site...

...NRG Stadium...

...which happens to be smack dab in the middle of Houston

I'm sure Okie fans would disagree with the nuetral site classification of that game. Especially after their 6 hour drive back to Oklahoma
The stadium was technically half/half in terms of OU/UH fans. Despite the location, there was an even (or at least close to an even) distribution.

Wisconsin playing in Lambeau too. Don't get me wrong. I loved the outcome, but that wasn't a neutral site.

Was listening to gary Danielsons spot with maddog russo today. Suuuuch an SEC homer. He basically said ol miss was playing a road game but bama in dallas against usc was neutral! Really gary? Any Bama game in dallas is a home game ESPECIALLY against usc. They don't travel, kinda a fanbase similar to Miami. Bama had at least a 70/30 attendance advantage.

To be fair no one really cares about Bc, there was probably more Nd fans there.
Unfortunately, that will probably also be the case in NY next month.

I give ND credit for going down to Austin last night and also Clemson for going to Jordan-Hair.

And ND walks home with a not good loss at Clemson almost got an L at Auburn.

You may not like the MetLife series, but it got Syracuse some serious $$ at a time when the Big East was the conference.

Neutral field games elevate the arrival of the College Football season moreso than opening up against Colgate.

And ND walks home with a not good loss at Clemson almost got an L at Auburn.

You may not like the MetLife series, but it got Syracuse some serious $$ at a time when the Big East was the conference.

Neutral field games elevate the arrival of the College Football season moreso than opening up against Colgate.

These games grab cash, but do not elevate rivalries. DINO has stated that we will play ND in the dome when he has a say. Metlife is nyc and sterile for a college environment.

These games grab cash, but do not elevate rivalries. DINO has stated that we will play ND in the dome when he has a say. Metlife is nyc and sterile for a college environment.

We don't have a rivalry with Notre Lame. It was a short series.

And grabbing cash is the whole point of college football. Don't think otherwise.

We don't have a rivalry with Notre Lame. It was a short series.

And grabbing cash is the whole point of college football. Don't think otherwise.

We wont ever do this again, this was a nyc marketing ploy. Yawn. We get plenty of ACC $$$.

We wont ever do this again, this was a nyc marketing ploy. Yawn. We get plenty of ACC $$$.

Syracuse could schedule a series against the Patriots and it wouldn't sell out due to the tractor pull in Boonville.

I loved the Notre Dame games in NJ. Great venue for tailgating, great stadium, and prime exposure for the program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom