New Carrier Dome Clear Bag Policy Details | Syracusefan.com

New Carrier Dome Clear Bag Policy Details

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
We are reaching out to you as a season ticket holder to personally share the details regarding the new Syracuse University Clear Bag Policy, which will begin in September 2018 in an effort to provide a safer environment for the public and to expedite fan entry into the Carrier Dome. The Syracuse University Clear Bag Policy limits the size and type of bags permitted inside the stadium. Clear bags are easily searched and reduce faulty bag searches, which makes bag checks more efficient and effective. The policy is consistent with all National Football League stadiums and many Atlantic Coast Conference institutions. In addition, new walk through metal detectors will be installed at every gate at the stadium.

An educational period for fans to learn about and adjust to the new Clear Bag Policy will begin with the first Orange football game on Sept. 8 and continue through the first three home games. The Clear Bag Policy will be in effect for all Syracuse University Athletics events and specified other special events at the Carrier Dome beginning Oct. 6, 2018.

Fans will be able to carry one of the following style and size bag at stadium gates:
  • Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”
  • -- OR --
  • One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
In addition, small clutch bags for personal items, approximately the size of a hand (4.5” x 6.5”), with or without a handle or strap, diaper bags (with child), and medically necessary items may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options, after proper inspection. Seat cushions and seat back chairs are permitted; however, they cannot have pockets, zippers or be in their own carrying bag.

Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: backpacks, binocular cases, briefcases, camera cases, cinch bags, computer bags, fanny packs, printed pattern plastic bags, tinted plastic bags, oversize totes, mesh bags, large purses, or any bag larger than the permissible size. Prohibited items must be returned to the owner’s vehicle or discarded.

All season ticket holders for football, men’s and women’s basketball and men’s lacrosse will receive one approved clear plastic tote per two tickets. Approved clear tote bags will be available for purchase at all Syracuse University merchandise locations on the Shaw Quad and inside the Carrier Dome, as well as at the SU Bookstore.

Walk-through metal detectors will be in place at all Carrier Dome entry gates beginning with the Orange football game on Sept. 8. Fans will be asked to present cell phones, cameras and other large metal objects to the Carrier Dome Event Staff as they approach the front of the line. Fans will not need to remove keys, loose change, wallet, jackets or belts.

For additional information, go to www.cuse.com/DomeGuest.

We are committed to providing a secure environment for our fans. The new Clear Bag Policy and walk-through metal detectors will enable us to deliver a better and quicker experience at the gates and provide a safer environment. We appreciate your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Peter Sala
Vice President & Chief Campus Facilities Officer

John Wildhack
Director of Athletics

I don't have an issue with this, as Mark noted its pretty common at most venues. That said the implementation of this will probably be a disaster. as the casual fan won't pay attention and when it goes into affect all hell is gonna break loose.

A word to the wise for you folks. When we instituted the policy at Scott Stadium, there was semi-chaos and long lines at the security area for the first couple of go-rounds until people got used to what was OK and what wasn't. Our bookstore and the local t-shirt shops jumped right onto the clear plastic bag bandwagon and started selling them with our logo. Things went much smoother at JPJ Arena for bball because people had learned their lesson the hard way during football season.

Amazon has a decent selection of plastic totes for around $10

I just ordered one...my first man purse

SU is apparently giving out a free tote to STH'ers. I just cancelled my order with Amazon.

This deserves a poll!

POLL: Team Man Bag Vs Ziploc Bag

Last edited:
A word to the wise for you folks. When we instituted the policy at Scott Stadium, there was semi-chaos and long lines at the security area for the first couple of go-rounds until people got used to what was OK and what wasn't. Our bookstore and the local t-shirt shops jumped right onto the clear plastic bag bandwagon and started selling them with our logo. Things went much smoother at JPJ Arena for bball because people had learned their lesson the hard way during football season.
I went to a couple games at JPJ last year, and had my wallet and keys without a clear bag. Has that been your experience?

I went to a couple games at JPJ last year, and had my wallet and keys without a clear bag. Has that been your experience?
I didn't go to any games at JPJ, but I had to empty my pockets completely for football and MLax games. Fortunately they had trays to put the stuff in that you passed along the table next to the scanner, just like at airports. IIRC, that's what they did before.

New must have item for your clear bag

H/T: ECU Fan Chappy

download.png

Do you need a bag even if its just your wallet, phone and keys? I've been to some stadiums in the few past years that had this policy and I never had a bag. Never had a problem at those places.

Do you need a bag even if its just your wallet, phone and keys? I've been to some stadiums in the few past years that had this policy and I never had a bag. Never had a problem at those places.

No, I don't believe so.

"Fans will not need to remove keys, loose change, wallet, jackets or belts. "

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom