New clear bag policy at the Dome... | Syracusefan.com

New clear bag policy at the Dome...

cto

Administrator
Dear .....:

We are reaching out to you as a season ticket holder to personally share the details regarding the new Syracuse University Clear Bag Policy, which will begin in September 2018 in an effort to provide a safer environment for the public and to expedite fan entry into the Carrier Dome. The Syracuse University Clear Bag Policy limits the size and type of bags permitted inside the stadium. Clear bags are easily searched and reduce faulty bag searches, which makes bag checks more efficient and effective. The policy is consistent with all National Football League stadiums and many Atlantic Coast Conference institutions. In addition, new walkthrough metal detectors will be installed at every gate at the stadium.

An educational period for fans to learn about and adjust to the new Clear Bag Policy will begin with the first Orange football game on Sept. 8 and continue through the first three home games. The Clear Bag Policy will be in effect for all Syracuse University Athletics events and specified other special events at the Carrier Dome beginning Oct. 6, 2018.

Fans will be able to carry one of the following style and size bag at stadium gates:
  • Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”
  • -- OR --
  • One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
In addition, small clutch bags for personal items, approximately the size of a hand (4.5” x 6.5”), with or without a handle or strap, diaper bags (with child), and medically necessary items may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options, after proper inspection. Seat cushions and seat back chairs are permitted; however, they cannot have pockets, zippers or be in their own carrying bag.

Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: backpacks, binocular cases, briefcases, camera cases, cinch bags, computer bags, fanny packs, printed pattern plastic bags, tinted plastic bags, oversize totes, mesh bags, large purses, or any bag larger than the permissible size. Prohibited items must be returned to the owner’s vehicle or discarded.

All season ticket holders for football, men’s and women’s basketball and men’s lacrosse will receive one approved clear plastic tote per two tickets. Approved clear tote bags will be available for purchase at all Syracuse University merchandise locations on the Shaw Quad and inside the Carrier Dome, as well as at the SU Bookstore.

Walk-through metal detectors will be in place at all Carrier Dome entry gates beginning with the Orange football game on Sept. 8. Fans will be asked to present cell phones, cameras and other large metal objects to the Carrier Dome Event Staff as they approach the front of the line. Fans will not need to remove keys, loose change, wallet, jackets or belts.

For additional information, go to www.cuse.com/DomeGuest.

We are committed to providing a secure environment for our fans. The new Clear Bag Policy and walk-through metal detectors will enable us to deliver a better and quicker experience at the gates and provide a safer environment. We appreciate your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Peter Sala
Vice President & Chief Campus Facilities Officer

John Wildhack
Director of Athletics

I already feel bad for the security staff for the first football game. LSU had this policy when my lady & I attended and she had a clutch that was too big but they were all out of clear plastic bags. Could have been bad but we snuck it in. There isn't really any parking close to the dome so the first woman who walks up with a purse and gets blindsided by this will not be too happy

A word to the wise for you folks. When we instituted the policy at Scott Stadium, there was semi-chaos and long lines at the security area for the first couple of go-rounds until people got used to what was OK and what wasn't. Our bookstore and the local t-shirt shops jumped right onto the clear plastic bag bandwagon and started selling them with our logo. Things went much smoother at JPJ Arena for bball because people had learned their lesson the hard way during football season.

Very smart policy to bring the Dome in line with most other major football venues. It's not that hard to follow but as mentioned above, definitely a period of understanding from fans.

i can go to the track and bring anything but glass, but cant bring my Binocs to the dome..

how will i ever figure what number a player is anymore?

they might want to reach out beyond season ticket holders too.

really most women going to the dome are out of luck in they want to bring a purse.

When they added the metal detectors and screening wands it resulted in maddening lines for Oil Can State or who ever it was we played game one. Can't imagine what the clear bag thing will do to big games at the DOME.

i can go to the track and bring anything but glass, but cant bring my Binocs to the dome..

really most women going to the dome are out of luck in they want to bring a purse.

You can bring the binoculars. Just not the case.

Seems like they're trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist. They really lost me when I got to the section prohibiting small cases for things like cameras and binoculars.

So this is really just to stop knives. Alcohol will still get in. Seems like a niche problem to address.

Seems like they're trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist. They really lost me when I got to the section prohibiting small cases for things like cameras and binoculars.

So this is really just to stop knives. Alcohol will still get in. Seems like a niche problem to address.

Yup. Don't know why everyone's so sanguine about this. It's asinine. They're manufacturing a threat for what reason? Because the NFL does it? That's the only stated logic I get from that letter. The end result is a worse experience for the fans who already aren't coming to the games in the numbers the school wants.

And it's going to be awful for the rank and file staff who have to deal with rude fans.

LSU had this policy when my lady & I attended and she had a clutch that was too big but they were all out of clear plastic bags.

That's funny, we had the same exact situation happen to us at LSU. Then we got into a tiff outside the stadium and I'm like "listen, this game is a bucket list item for me, if you have to leave this Coach purse behind, I don't care." That didn't go over well.

That's funny, we had the same exact situation happen to us at LSU. Then we got into a tiff outside the stadium and I'm like "listen, this game is a bucket list item for me, if you have to leave this Coach purse behind, I don't care." That didn't go over well.

Haha luckily we just dumped everything into our pockets and I put the clutch under my shirt. No issue.

Hilarious suggestion on your end - can't believe she didn't go for it! Haha

I have an absolute full proof method in case you ever need it ;)

I think it's just the cases, not the binoculars that are banned. Reading it again, it appears that any secondary case is being banned - camera cases, binocular cases but I agree with your point that they need to clarify whether binoculars and cameras alone etc are being banned.

I too hope that this message is widely publicized so the lines aren't clogged because non season ticket holding women unaware of the new rules, are carrying purses.

It does seem that as the crowds get used to rules and the lines getting in don't seem to be an issue - they again change the rules creating new problems with the lines. It could result in new security issues with parked cars if women start leaving their purses in them because they plan to go out before or after the game.

No offense to any woman who does this, but you’ve got to be crazy to bring a purse into the Dome. I’ve seen women in stilettos climbing the stairs to the upper deck. Sometimes my gender displays very little common sense. I said, sometimes!

1.jpg
The best invention ever! Bozz flasks that are concealed as Tampons! Not all heroes wear capes!

No offense to any woman who does this, but you’ve got to be crazy to bring a purse into the Dome. I’ve seen women in stilettos climbing the stairs to the upper deck. Sometimes my gender displays very little common sense. I said, sometimes!

Stilettos are different than a small purse, high heels like those are personally ridiculous in my opinion anytime less at the dome. :)For some people though, probably not ones my age, a game is date night (mainly weekend basketball and football games). Some carry make up, personal items, medicines, cellphone, credit cards (if shopping before or after) etc in a purse. I used to carry my husband's puffer in my purse. For my husband and myself, it shouldn't be an issue but for women where a game is part of a night out, leaving a purse in their car or carrying a clear plastic bag to a restaurant etc might be an issue until they get used to it and figure something else out. :p It will be interesting to see where people store plastic bags by their seats too especially in winter when where to put one's coat can be a chore. People will eventually adjust but there will be short-term pain.

It will be interesting to see where people store plastic bags by their seats too especially in winter when where to put one's coat can be a chore. People will eventually adjust but there will be short-term pain.
Well hopefully we can still bring in an empty garbage bag to throw our coats and our clear plastic bags in under our seats. That ends up being a lifesaver, especially if the people behind you accidentally spill their beer.

Well hopefully we can still bring in an empty garbage bag to throw our coats and our clear plastic bags in under our seats. That ends up being a lifesaver, especially if the people behind you accidentally spill their beer.

Fold it up and keep it in your coat pocket.

I do that too but I leave the bag curled up under the aluminum seat all season. Bad when occasionally someone at the dome extracts it and you're left trying to stuff your coats somewhere. Usually lose 2 bags a season that way.

This seems silly. Solving a problem that doesn't exist.

Have people bringing in knives or other weapons been a problem at the Dome in the past? Methinks not.

Diaper bag must be accompanied by a child? What about an incontinent adult?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom