Class of 2021 - Julianna Walker (WA) Transferring to Seattle | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 Julianna Walker (WA) Transferring to Seattle

Juiianna, looking forward to your addition to the Cuse Women’s team!

A0463617-4C79-4009-A3F1-AA50C2DEFFE9.jpeg

What’s the over under in months until the entire 2021 class transfers out?

She gone

"Syracuse, N.Y. — Syracuse women’s basketball freshman Julianna Walker has entered the NCAA’s transfer portal, her father confirmed to syracuse.com on Monday.

Walker’s dad said the primary reason for her decision to seek a different program is due to the lack of playing time. The program’s recent inconsistency in head coaching hires also played a factor.

Walker, a 5-foot-6 guard, played in 14 out of 29 games as a freshman this season. She averaged 1.6 points in 6.4 minutes per game."

She gone

"Syracuse, N.Y. — Syracuse women’s basketball freshman Julianna Walker has entered the NCAA’s transfer portal, her father confirmed to syracuse.com on Monday.

Walker’s dad said the primary reason for her decision to seek a different program is due to the lack of playing time. The program’s recent inconsistency in head coaching hires also played a factor.

Walker, a 5-foot-6 guard, played in 14 out of 29 games as a freshman this season. She averaged 1.6 points in 6.4 minutes per game."
Just my opinion on her….

At her height, it is going to be tough for her at play at the highest level of college hoops. Pretty sure that is why she was not offered by any P12 schools.

I don’t think she was in top shape last year. That hurt chances for playing time. It didn’t help that SU’s best players were guards. Heck, almost all their players were guards.

Seems like a nice young lady. She is a legitimate great shooter and there might be a role for her if she chooses to fight adversity, work hard and earn some playing time. I bet she follows the first law of portal transfer and ends up at a school near home in Washington State.

Good luck to her.

Just my opinion on her….

At her height, it is going to be tough for her at play at the highest level of college hoops. Pretty sure that is why she was not offered by any P12 schools.

I don’t think she was in top shape last year. That hurt chances for playing time. It didn’t help that SU’s best players were guards. Heck, almost all their players were guards.

Seems like a nice young lady. She is a legitimate great shooter and there might be a role for her if she chooses to fight adversity, work hard and earn some playing time. I bet she follows the first law of portal transfer and ends up at a school near home in Washington State.

Good luck to her.
I agree with all of that. I was surprised that Read didn't give her more playing time for her ability to shoot the 3 when we so desperately needed it in many games, especially when Naje Murray went cold. From the syracuse.com article:

"Walker is one of the most prolific girls high school scorers in the history of Washington. She averaged 34.9 points and 7.1 assists per game as a junior at Annie Wright High School, drilling 116 of 318 three-pointers. She posted 33.9 points per game as a sophomore and 35.2 as a freshman.

Walker was named the 2020-21 Gatorade Player of the Year for the state of Washington after averaging 34.3 points, 9.7 assists, and 7.6 rebounds as a senior."

Beautifully written letter and totally understand her decision to enter the portal. I don’t think anyone expected what has transpired over the last year with the WBB program to happen, but here we are. She seems like a great kid and a hard worker. I wish her all the best wherever she lands— even if she decides to come back to the University of Syracuse! :p

Her dad did not have much good to say about Vonn Read but fortunately it was strictly related to playing time issues rather than anything that would make national headlines.

Unless we are targeting someone still in the Tournament and that Coach is very interested in us!
We need some one in their 30's or 40's who can be here 15-20 years, and then pass it on to a good assistant. Don't need a situation like the men's program where we have a coach in their 70's, who should have retired a few years ago.

We need some one in their 30's or 40's who can be here 15-20 years, and then pass it on to a good assistant. Don't need a situation like the men's program where we have a coach in their 70's, who should have retired a few years ago.
Don’t disagree and I don’t have any affection for UConn but if Morgan Valley was a candidate for the Cuse job would anyone be truly upset?

Don’t disagree and I don’t have any affection for UConn but if Morgan Valley was a candidate for the Cuse job would anyone be truly upset?
with a 4-37 (.098) record over a two year span at Hartford, I think I would be pretty upset tbh.

with a 4-37 (.098) record over a two year span at Hartford, I think I would be pretty upset tbh.
Right, if Geno picked her for an assistant she must have no talent as a coach, lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom