Class of 2015 - New Commit: Alec Orazietti (NJ), A | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 New Commit: Alec Orazietti (NJ), A

Kid looks small and all his highlights are shooting from close. I did nt stay long enough to see if he has any dodging or ISO moves. I'll have to see more, not that impressed.

Maybe a future mid?

Seems like a Mikey Powell type. Don't they all, in these highlight videos?

Kid looks small and all his highlights are shooting from close. I did nt stay long enough to see if he has any dodging or ISO moves. I'll have to see more, not that impressed.

Maybe a future mid?
Size or quickness? I think the quick is a better choice That first step or change of direction can open up a good shot to the cage then it becomes technique and strength with accuracy of course. He seems to have all of this which makes him impressive.

Posted on his Instagram that he'll be back at SU next year. Led D3 Fairleigh Dickinson with 57 points on 42G/15A this year. Would be a RS Soph.

Posted on his Instagram that he'll be back at SU next year. Led D3 Fairleigh Dickinson with 57 points on 42G/15A this year. Would be a RS Soph.
I don't see where he fits in with the attack already on the roster. Hell be 7th or 8th on the depth chart

Attack should be a strength in 18' Beyond a skilled scorer in Solomon and a versatile Bomberry. Refhus emerged and will flourish with expanded role , believe Winasakaus can step right in and be very good , Voght has a cannon that can be spotted several ways, Thorpe and Forkin return

I don't see where he fits in with the attack already on the roster. Hell be 7th or 8th on the depth chart

Agreed hard to see how he can breakthrough with what SU has coming back at attack and in incoming recruits.

Attack should be a strength in 18' Beyond a skilled scorer in Solomon and a versatile Bomberry. Refhus emerged and will flourish with expanded role , believe Winasakaus can step right in and be very good , Voght has a cannon that can be spotted several ways, Thorpe and Forkin return

Hard to see Forkin breakingthrough at this point at attack, if he is back next year I think he will be moved to the midfield. Thorpe is a crease guy who tried to expand his game a bit shooting wise prior to his injury. I think he is a lock for the man up unit but with Solomon already kind of filling the around the crease scoring role I think it will be tough for him to grab a top 3 spot. Voigt is a zone buster but he can't really dodge so I don't see him getting much PT to be honest at least at attack.

Bomberry is strictly crease, he doesn't really bring much else to the table, imo.

With Solomon, Bomberry and Rehfuss its going to be hard to crack in there. The Winasakaus and everyone else battle with the above 3 is going to be interesting to watch for sure.

With Orzietti, maybe he can run at midfield.

Bomberry is strictly crease, he doesn't really bring much else to the table, imo.

With Solomon, Bomberry and Rehfuss its going to be hard to crack in there. The Winasakaus and everyone else battle with the above 3 is going to be interesting to watch for sure.

With Orzietti, maybe he can run at midfield.

Bomberry is going back to the 1st line midfield, so there will be a spot open but I think there a lot of candidates that would be in front of Orazietti especially when you consider Wisnauskas coming off a redshirt plus Seebold and Lauder coming in and a potential transfer.

Maybe he wants a diploma that says Syracuse instead of FDU?

After all, he started out here, and who knows why he left for a year ($$$?)

Bomberry is going back to the 1st line midfield, so there will be a spot open but I think there a lot of candidates that would be in front of Orazietti especially when you consider Wisnauskas coming off a redshirt plus Seebold and Lauder coming in and a potential transfer.

running midfield isn't what it used to be so if Bomberry goes back to the 1st line midfield he'll head right to the crease when he comes in the game. Has very little speed or the legs to be a true middie. He certainly won't be beating anybody off a split and go. No threat to alley dodge at all.

There might be candidates in front of Oraziettie (and I'm not arguing for the kid b/c I have no idea if he's any good) but the bulk of the current midfielders are all unproven.

running midfield isn't what it used to be so if Bomberry goes back to the 1st line midfield he'll head right to the crease when he comes in the game. Has very little speed or the legs to be a true middie. He certainly won't be beating anybody off a split and go. No threat to alley dodge at all.

There might be candidates in front of Oraziettie (and I'm not arguing for the kid b/c I have no idea if he's any good) but the bulk of the current midfielders are all unproven.

Bomberry is a pretty lethal step down shooter, he just didn't get a lot of chance to show it this year based on our offense running mostly through the midfield and his move to attack less then halfway into the season. Bomberry had 3-4 pt games for the first stretch of the season and I think he is capable of that at the midfield where he can freelance a bit more which includes spending sometime around the crease. If we can get Rehfuss or another guy dodging from X and draw slide Bomberry can take advantage of that big time and I expect him to play a much larger role on the man up unit next year as well. As an attackmen he's all but useless as he has no dodging ability and can be shut off for the most part with a SSDM.

As an attackmen he's all but useless as he has no dodging ability and can be shut off for the most part with a SSDM.

This depends on what the role of the attackman is. Matt Guadete for Yale is nothing but a straight crease guy and nobody can shut him off. Being a crease guy is about being great off ball, finding an open spot and having a great stick. There's no dodging on the crease so personally that's where I put Bomberry and that's where he got most of his goals in the second half the season.

If Bomberry has no dodging ability and can be shut off that easily by an SSDM than what good is he at the midfield? A mid has to be able to dodge in space.

The attack position can play to 3 different strengths. A feeder (Rehfuss) who can play behind and dodge from X, a speed dodger (Solomon) who's better in space and a crease guy (Bomberry).

This depends on what the role of the attackman is. Matt Guadete for Yale is nothing but a straight crease guy and nobody can shut him off. Being a crease guy is about being great off ball, finding an open spot and having a great stick. There's no dodging on the crease so personally that's where I put Bomberry and that's where he got most of his goals in the second half the season.

If Bomberry has no dodging ability and can be shut off that easily by an SSDM than what good is he at the midfield? A mid has to be able to dodge in space.

The attack position can play to 3 different strengths. A feeder (Rehfuss) who can play behind and dodge from X, a speed dodger (Solomon) who's better in space and a crease guy (Bomberry).

The difference between Gaudet and Bomberry is that Bomberry can dial it up from distance and Gaudet is a non factor when he's more then 5 yards out. Gaudet also had the luxury of getting feeds from Reeves, SU had no X attackmen or elite passer this season. If SU had Rice or an elite Attackmen who could force slides then Bomberry staying at attack makes sense. But we don't have that so BOmbery is more effective playing midfield where he is deadly on the step down and can also play around the crease depending on ball movement etc. SU also has an overload of crease attackmen in Solomon, Thorpe and soon to be Lauder (he is a bit more diverse but not a great dodger). Bomberry's point production plummeted once he was moved to attack from midfield, I can't see SU keeping him at attack next year.

The difference between Gaudet and Bomberry is that Bomberry can dial it up from distance and Gaudet is a non factor when he's more then 5 yards out. Gaudet also had the luxury of getting feeds from Reeves, SU had no X attackmen or elite passer this season. If SU had Rice or an elite Attackmen who could force slides then Bomberry staying at attack makes sense. But we don't have that so BOmbery is more effective playing midfield where he is deadly on the step down and can also play around the crease depending on ball movement etc. SU also has an overload of crease attackmen in Solomon, Thorpe and soon to be Lauder (he is a bit more diverse but not a great dodger). Bomberry's point production plummeted once he was moved to attack from midfield, I can't see SU keeping him at attack next year.

Solomon a "crease attackmen"? Huh? He is a dodger from X in every conceivable way.

Phat is correct...Bomberry on the midfield makes very little sense given his skill set, especially with out Salcido and Mariano to play off of.

Everything I've ever read on Lauder is that he is more of a middie in the mold of Jeremy Thompson.

I would be a fan of leaving the attack as is with Solomon, Bomberry, and Rehfuss. Those three worked well together and you have two solid dodging threats. We don't have enough dodging from the midfield to bring Bomberry back up. Most likely First midfield line would be Trimboli, Simmons, Lane. Unless a freshmen bursts on to the scene. I would love to see 2-3 freshmen on the second line. Not sure if Westin took a redshirt but he is a dark horse first liner who will definitely make a second line impact.

Solomon a "crease attackmen"? Huh? He is a dodger from X in every conceivable way.

Phat is correct...Bomberry on the midfield makes very little sense given his skill set, especially with out Salcido and Mariano to play off of.

Everything I've ever read on Lauder is that he is more of a middie in the mold of Jeremy Thompson.

Solomon did a lot of his scoring this year off the crease or shots from GLE/Wing on passes. While he did score and can dodge from X those plays were few and far between. While he is more diversified in his skill set then say a Keogh or Gaudet or Thorpe true crease attackmen he still does most of his damage around the crease and really isn't much of a dodger or a threat to shoot from any sort of distance.

Bomberry has played Middie his entire college career and is much more comfortable there. His skill set is really as a shooter which SU can take much more advantage of at middie then they can attack.

Last edited:
I would be a fan of leaving the attack as is with Solomon, Bomberry, and Rehfuss. Those three worked well together and you have two solid dodging threats. We don't have enough dodging from the midfield to bring Bomberry back up. Most likely First midfield line would be Trimboli, Simmons, Lane. Unless a freshmen bursts on to the scene. I would love to see 2-3 freshmen on the second line. Not sure if Westin took a redshirt but he is a dark horse first liner who will definitely make a second line impact.

I would be shocked if Bomberry is not moved back to the midfield, he is not an attackmen and wasn't thrilled with playing there from what I was told. I suspect you will see him on the 1st mid line this fall.

As for the rest of the midfield you have Trimboli and Bomberry and an open third spot. I don't think Lane will get another shot at the 1st line at this point. I am not sure what SU's plans for him are but I wouldn't be shocked if he transferred to play more consistent minutes and possibly play attack. Westin if he returns has been a second line guy his whole career so I could see him going back there. Simmons has the potential to challenge for that final third midfield spot but there will be a ton of competition. I think it would be more likely that someone like Quinn or Dordevic comes away with the spot as that will allow the staff to build the midfield for the future as Simmons will be a Sr who hasn't shown a lot of consistency. I also expect SU to hit the transfer market again so depending on who they bring in could really shake things up.

I would be shocked if Bomberry is not moved back to the midfield, he is not an attackmen and wasn't thrilled with playing there from what I was told. I suspect you will see him on the 1st mid line this fall.

As for the rest of the midfield you have Trimboli and Bomberry and an open third spot. I don't think Lane will get another shot at the 1st line at this point. I am not sure what SU's plans for him are but I wouldn't be shocked if he transferred to play more consistent minutes and possibly play attack. Westin if he returns has been a second line guy his whole career so I could see him going back there. Simmons has the potential to challenge for that final third midfield spot but there will be a ton of competition. I think it would be more likely that someone like Quinn or Dordevic comes away with the spot as that will allow the staff to build the midfield for the future as Simmons will be a Sr who hasn't shown a lot of consistency. I also expect SU to hit the transfer market again so depending on who they bring in could really shake things up.
I really hope you are right and the staff takes a chance on some of these young guys early. Like you said no reason not to play them when a guy like Lane will only be around one more year. I do worry that Desko sometimes is slow to commit to the younger players. I feel that he left Carlin on the second line when he should have played Ramano or O'Sullivan. Lane doesn't feel like a solution but is he a stop-gap ?

I really hope you are right and the staff takes a chance on some of these young guys early. Like you said no reason not to play them when a guy like Lane will only be around one more year. I do worry that Desko sometimes is slow to commit to the younger players. I feel that he left Carlin on the second line when he should have played Ramano or O'Sullivan. Lane doesn't feel like a solution but is he a stop-gap ?

Romano has been injured most of the two years he has been here and in the garbage time he did play in this year he didn't exactly tear it up. I think Desko has deferred to an upperclassmen more times then not but he hasn't hesitated to make moves when people aren't producing ie Trimboli taking over for Lane this year. SU has several highly thought of middies coming in this fall including Curry, Dordevic, Quinn etc and I think one of them could grab that last spot and another one or two could be on that second line. You also have O'Sullivan and Dearth (if he isn't moved to SSDM full time), Lipka, Romano etc. SU will have a lot of options and that's before you consider any potential transfers or a guy like Orazetti who appears to be coming back into the fold. I also think you may see several guys transfer this off-season which will clear some of the log jam.

Might be missing someone but 2018 Mids. Wonder how lines sorts out

Srs Bomberry, Simmons, Lane, Weston?,
Jrs Schasnick, McKinney, Ford, Carlin,
Sophs Trimboli, Dearth, Romano, Lipka, Hutchings, Sullivan, OSullivan, Martin
Fr., Quin, Dordevic, Lauder, Buttermore, Wood, Oladunmoye, Partamian,