Class of 2015 - New Commit: Bradley Voigt, (NY:Penn Yan), Attack | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 New Commit: Bradley Voigt, (NY:Penn Yan), Attack

Grades?

Salisbury is like Milford for football preps.

Voigt will still have 4 years when he gets here for 2015-16.

I agree seems like grades maybe the issue here. Would be a huge loss if he doesn't eventually make it here and to be honest I thought he had a chance to maybe make some noise at midfield before sliding back to attack in 2015. Not having him and Maltz next year are signficant but not devestating due to the amount of returning stars but I really hope he makes it by the fall of 2015.

Nick Weston and Ryan Simmons both spent a year at Salisbury before coming to SU.

Bright side: He'll get to play alongside/ gel with 2 headliners of our 2016 class, Matt Gaudet & Troy Lauder, for a year.

Grades?

Salisbury is like Milford for football preps.

Voigt will still have 4 years when he gets here for 2015-16.

His profile notes a 3.0 GPA. I'm thinking it's more likely that he saw a logjam at Attack (especially if Evans has switched) &/or wanted a year to mature physically against some stiffer competition than PY faces in Class C. Just a thought.
http://media.democratandchronicle.com/agr/main/athlete/845

His profile notes a 3.0 GPA. I'm thinking it's more likely that he saw a logjam at Attack (especially if Evans has switched) &/or wanted a year to mature physically against some stiffer competition than PY faces in Class C. Just a thought.

Could be.

Xander's tweet did indicate that it was a "post-graduate" year, not a "prep" year.

If it was a choice between playing at Salisbury or redshirting here, he's better off playing.

I could see if he was young for his class but at 19 he is already as old as most Freshman and likely more than a few sophs. Not sure how much more physically developed he is going to get. He is pretty talented so it could be about personnel as mentioned above.

As with any D1 program who is to say they won't just recruit over him anyway. Life is all about choices, I am always curious why some kids go this route but hopefully he gets here in 15'

PY plays an independent schedule.. they played the 3 of the top 4 A teams in Section 5 plus a hand full of B teams and out of conference teams. He definitely saw some stellar competition, yet the teams he was playing against aren't jammed full of D1 talent like Salisbury.

This thread started in 2012!!!

Those 2018 commits are going to like stepping into a time machine.

And "in the near future" looks like "tomorrow." Man, that was fast. Just finishing up editing and formatting the interview right now.

Nice highlights (though, aren't they all).

My thoughts:

1. He appears capable of competing for minutes at attack, maybe as soon as next season.
2. He has a nice variety of (to quote Bill Raftery) "releases".
3. I don't know if it's all due to Lyle Thompson's influence, but many attackmen are now featuring the backhand shot.