Class of 2019 New Commit: Brandon Aviles (NY:Ward-Melville) FO/Mid

orange79

Internet Sleuth
Staff member
OK, so I haven't watched a wrestling match in person since Gene Mills and Mike Rotunda at Manley, so this may be a silly question.

What is the referee checking for at the beginning of the match when the wrestlers hold out their arms and the ref feels around their shoulders and under their arms? The only thing I can figure out is they are looking for some sort of slippery substance that would increase their chances of escaping. Is that right?

I think any wrestling videos out there of a Brandon Aviles from Long Island are NOT the SU lacrosse commit. The wrestler is older and went to John Glenn HS.

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
OK, so I haven't watched a wrestling match in person since Gene Mills and Mike Rotunda at Manley, so this may be a silly question.

What is the referee checking for at the beginning of the match when the wrestlers hold out their arms and the ref feels around their shoulders and under their arms? The only thing I can figure out is they are looking for some sort of slippery substance that would increase their chances of escaping. Is that right?
maybe razor blades?

laxsummit

2nd String

Skin check for any cuts or lesions but that ref does a lousy job.

Top Bottom