Class of 2017 - New Commit: Brendan Curry (MD) Attack | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 New Commit: Brendan Curry (MD) Attack

FCA is a ridiculously strong club so this kid has some skills of sure. Picking up another kid from the MIAA is a great sign as well.

FCA is a ridiculously strong club so this kid has some skills of sure. Picking up another kid from the MIAA is a great sign as well.
Agree. Wish we would try and pull more kids from MIAA, although its a catch 22 as there is plenty of talent in CNY as well. Also wish we went in Long Island more, but thats just my .02

Previously
Brendan Curry, A, Calvert Hall (Md.) verbally committed to Penn. The 5-11, 150 pound recruit plays club for FCA, had has played varsity since freshman season. Other schools considered were Penn State, Syracuse and Maryland.

http://3drising.com/articles/recruiting/boys/brine-king-spring-2016-players-who-shined

Brendan Curry, Attack, Calvert Hall (Md.), Jr. - Syracuse

Curry was impressive in the fall and came into the season looking sharp and confident, just zinging the ball for the Cardinals but also showing that he could go to the cage with a purpose and finish. He was arguably the centerpiece of the Cardinals’ offense in the two first games at the King of Spring in North Carolina – things tend to flow through him and he seems to have the green light to attack within the Cardinals offensive system. Unfortunately, he took a big hit against St. John’s and left the game. He could miss a couple games (he missed the Hill Academy game, which could have been a big difference for Calvert Hall as they lost 11-7 to the Pride). Upon his return, look for the Cardinals offense to get a serious jolt.

Brendan Curry ’17, A, FCA Maryland / Calvert Hall (Md.) – Syracuse
The Baltimore native is an intelligent X attackman who takes care of the ball and can break down defenses by creating offense for himself and others in a variety of ways. FCA depended on Curry late in games and he always produced, displaying a knack for getting his hands free and delivering beautiful feeds to cutting teammates. In the quarterfinals, he relentlessly dodged to the cage and finished hard shots with either hand, showing his ability to take over a game by scoring three key goals that shifted momentum for his squad. Curry will be a key piece to the puzzle in his final year under coach Bryan Kelly as the Cardinals try to win an MIAA title for the first time in five years.

Breakdown of 2017’s, 2018’s and 2020’s Who Stood Out At Crabfeast

Calvert Hall's first MIAA game is available on youtube. First possession Curry gets a nice assist.

I haven't finished watching the 1st quarter, but Curry is 2,1 with each goal coming off a dodge against a long pole, the first goal was right-handed, the second was lefty. Impressive so far.

I haven't finished watching the 1st quarter, but Curry is 2,1 with each goal coming off a dodge against a long pole, the first goal was right-handed, the second was lefty. Impressive so far.

A lot of nice offensive pieces coming next year, could have multiple true frosh's seeing significant PT.

A lot of nice offensive pieces coming next year, could have multiple true frosh's seeing significant PT.
The midfield loses Mariano and Salcido, and there aren't a ton of other proven scorers back. Some of the guys on the 3rd line right now might make a little jump, like Dearth and O'Sullivan.

Besides having the requisite skills, I think whichever of next season's freshmen can really grasp the offense and play fast, but minimize mistakes, will get good playing time. I wouldn't rule out Curry.

The midfield loses Mariano and Salcido, and there aren't a ton of other proven scorers back. Some of the guys on the 3rd line right now might make a little jump, like Dearth and O'Sullivan.

Besides having the requisite skills, I think whichever of next season's freshmen can really grasp the offense and play fast, but minimize mistakes, will get good playing time. I wouldn't rule out Curry.

Agree with you 100%. I think a guy like Quinn has a chance to be this year Trimboli and I don't think Lauder is far behind. I think the Dark horse could be a guy like Dordevic out in Oregon. Have heard some really good things about him. Plus you have a guy like Thorpe who appeared close to breaking out coming back along with potentially Forkin and Westin. You also have the unknowns like the middie from Illinois and potential transfers.

Todd Currys & Tim Nelsons son coming in next year! That's amazing! Both Syracuse legends!

Caught the last 5 mins of regulation & 2OTs when I got home from work. Matchup of MIAA's top 2 teams & national powers. With the game tied at 10-10 & 2 mins left if regulation, our '18 attack verbal from BL, Basil Aburn, had a nasty toe drag shot fake (audible ooh's & ahh's from the crowd) to blow by his defender but just missed the lower corner.

Curry runs Middie for a loaded Calvert Hall offense & is very fast & agile. Had a great sequence in the final 10 secs of regulation with a big time ground ball at midfield to maintain possession & then a nice pass to set up a potential game winner that sailed wide. He took 2 hard, long shots in OT, one saved & one just missed from a low angle, before making a great cut & receiving a pass from UNC '18 A Jacob Kelly for an easy dunk on the doorstep to win it in the 2nd OT. Nice postgame interview with the 2 of them & Booker Corrigan, whose put on a bit of weight & looks like he's trying to do his best Chris Farley impression.

Yes, there's MORE Kelly's heading to UNC. Jacob in '18 & Danny, a '20 who starts at Attack & looked impressive.

Last edited:
I'll post some "time stamp" scoring tweets if anyone wants to check out Basil Aburn highlights but trust me, his toe drag with 2:25 left in regulation is worth watching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom