Class of 2017 - New Commit: Brett Barlow (NY: Fayetteville-Manlius) D/LSM | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 New Commit: Brett Barlow (NY: Fayetteville-Manlius) D/LSM

Blowout: Fayetteville-Manlius boys exact revenge, crush West Genesee 15-6

The Hornet defensive unit of Tom Angelicola, Brett Barlow, Sam Stratton and Ben Welling held Genny to its lowest output of the season (the Wildcats scored six goals in an early season win over Cazenovia). Kenneally said the play of his midfielders on defense was solid in an area that West Genny "beat us" in the first game.

Blowout: Fayetteville-Manlius boys exact revenge, crush West Genesee 15-6

The Hornet defensive unit of Tom Angelicola, Brett Barlow, Sam Stratton and Ben Welling held Genny to its lowest output of the season (the Wildcats scored six goals in an early season win over Cazenovia). Kenneally said the play of his midfielders on defense was solid in an area that West Genny "beat us" in the first game.
I've seen Barlow play a few times this year - kid is the real deal. Ideally he should be a LSM at Syracuse because he's that kind of weapon. reminds me of that kid John Sexton at ND (as much as I hate to say it) or Troy Reh at Albany. Groundball machine with big long strides and great on the wing off the face off. FM has him go up on the wing for face offs then leaves him in to play defense. Against WG he would come out and cover the Smith kid on midfield (who I think is their best player with all due respect to Dan Sheehan's kid) and against Syracuse they did the same thing and had him cover Eccles.

First time seeing Barlow play, I came away impressed. He has very good size and runs well. He was on the wing for the faceoff and did a very good job on Fiorini. They were matched head to head most of the game. Word in the stands is that Fiorini is battling a nagging injury and Barlow held him quiet most of the night. I thought it was an odd choice in fourth quarter when FM coaches decided to have Barlow shut of Fiorini, especially since Barlow seemed to be getting the upper hand in the matchup.

Projecting forward, I think Barlow can definitely play at SU. Didn't notice it tonight, but a mean streak and 15 pounds of muscle would be great to bring to the hill with him.

I forgot about all these games. Was thinking of going to one, looking at the JD game actually, mad I missed it

Meet the 2017 All-CNY boys lacrosse team

barlowjpg-14d0ef0ae942dd1f.jpg

Brett Barlow
Fayetteville-Manlius

Senior

Long-stick midfielder

2017 stats: Scored 5 goals.

What's next: Playing lacrosse at Syracuse University

Best moment of the season: Beating West Genesee at home.

Who inspires you? Coach (Chris) Kenneally, because he has a lot of passion for the game and is dedicated.

Which teammate would be a serious contender on 'The Voice'? And what would his audition song be? Tommy Angelicola singing "Eminence Front" by The Who.

What's your most treasured piece of sports equipment? My stick, because it has to be perfect before every game.

Describe your pregame routine: Listening to music.

Who's your favorite person to follow on Instagram? Donovan Welsh, because he's just a weird guy.

NYSSWA boys lacrosse all-state team, 2017

2017 NYSSWA All-State team
Large schools

FIRST TEAM
Connor DeSimone Smithtown East-11 Sr. Attack
Brendan Nichtern Massapequa-8 Sr. Attack
Donovan Welsh Fayetteville-Manlius-3 Sr. Attack
Lucas Quinn Niskayuna-2 Sr. Midfielder
Peter Fiorini III Baldwinsville-3 Jr. Midfielder
Jack Lalley St. Joe's-MMAA Sr. Midfielder
Angelo Petrakis Massapequa-8 Soph. Midfielder
Brett Barlow Fayetteville-Manlius-3 Sr. Midfielder