Class of 2024 - New Commit: Brett Bucktooth Jr (NY: Lafayette), Attack | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 New Commit: Brett Bucktooth Jr (NY: Lafayette), Attack

This kid is very well built already, like others have said he's still raw but once he puts it all together he'll be a multi year ALL american and a Pro laxer. Like his dad.

Man I just wish Jameson could get his grades behavior in check, Jameson and Brett JR have unbelievable Chemistry on the field.

Huge! Our ability to keep it in the family is legendary. His dad was one of my favorite players growing up. Wish there was more youtube footage of him in his prime years because he was a serious wizard with the stick. Haven't seen much footage of Jr, but the name and stats alone are a great sign.

Wasn't expecting to find any, but Lafayette actually has some full games on good ol youtube. Only looked at the beginning of this, but "very well built" is an accurate description. He looks like the strongest guy out there. #6 in white

Jeremy, crazypeople what are the odds bro comes as well. We know theirs work to be done. But his drive must’ve elevated like crazy.

Can't believe Brett Bucktooth has a son old enough to commit to Cuse. I am getting old
Was hoping he was a younger brother when i saw the name pop up... :(

Last edited:
Jeremy, crazypeople what are the odds bro comes as well. We know theirs work to be done. But his drive must’ve elevated like crazy.

As noted Grades are a massive concern though I believe he has improved. However, I am not sure what his prospecs to be academically eligible out of HS look like. Native players have been at a disadvantage academically for a multitude of reasons but things have improved the last 5-10 years significantly. I can't speak to interest between the two parties but clearly SU is aware of him and he is an extremely talented player. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at OCC and then transferred to a school for his Jr/Sr years.

I believe Jameson and him are cousins but don’t quote me on that. Either way this is a big pick up.

Jameson's last name might sound familiar. He comes from a bloodline of Onondaga lacrosse legends. He's the nephew of Brett Bucktooth, the former Syracuse lacrosse All-American and Iroquois Nationals team member. Jameson's currently plays alongside his cousin and fellow sophomore stud Brett Bucktooth Jr.

--

Interesting note in this article from May '21,
“Jameson is empowering others by becoming a student-athlete,” said Jessica. “He was awarded Scholar Athlete by NYSPHSAA during his 2021 hockey season with the Syracuse Cougars. He turned his own grades around after a difficult COVID year when he was able to return to in-person schooling.”

You elders should still be feeling elderly about this, but if it makes you feel better, I believe Brett Bucktooth senior started having kids while still in college.

You elders should still be feeling elderly about this, but if it makes you feel better, I believe Brett Bucktooth senior started having kids while still in college.
Brett Sr. is younger than I am by 3-4 years. I have no kids. He has a high school junior. Should I feel younger than I do? I’m confused.

Brett Sr. is younger than I am by 3-4 years. I have no kids. He has a high school junior. Should I feel younger than I do? I’m confused.
Not sure, but Brett would tell you it is high time you had some kids

Not brothers, rather cousins. Jammer is still the higher end player and it is possible he comes to Syracuse. I think there is just more due diligence that the school and coaching staff have to do before an offer can be made.

Brett Jr or "Cub" as they call him will be an interesting development. Hoping he grows into his body. As of right now, with the way he moves, he's strictly a lefty attackman. Hoping he can make some improvements to his field game. I wish he played on a high end club like Sweetlax.

I did hear it is more than likely he reclassifys/PGs somewhere like Salisbury or Bridgeton (where his pops went) and becomes a 2024. Entering the 2023 class with the likes of Trey Deere as competition does not bode well for his prospects of getting on the field.

Not brothers, rather cousins. Jammer is still the higher end player and it is possible he comes to Syracuse. I think there is just more due diligence that the school and coaching staff have to do before an offer can be made.

Brett Jr or "Cub" as they call him will be an interesting development. Hoping he grows into his body. As of right now, with the way he moves, he's strictly a lefty attackman. Hoping he can make some improvements to his field game. I wish he played on a high end club like Sweetlax.

I did hear it is more than likely he reclassifys/PGs somewhere like Salisbury or Bridgeton (where his pops went) and becomes a 2024. Entering the 2023 class with the likes of Trey Deere as competition does not bode well for his prospects of getting on the field.
If he doesn’t reclassify, is he currently a 2023 not a 2024? Was last year for Lafayette his junior or sophomore season? Seeing conflicting things on that

If he doesn’t reclassify, is he currently a 2023 not a 2024? Was last year for Lafayette his junior or sophomore season? Seeing conflicting things on that

He just finished his Soph year. He's a Junior in 2022-23 and a Senior in 2023-24.