Class of 2020 - Carter Parlette (FL) Mid Flipped to Notre Dame | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Carter Parlette (FL) Mid Flipped to Notre Dame

image.png

Carter Parlette, Midfield Oviedo (Fla.)/SweetLax Florida

Parlette showed all kinds of upside as a talented and athletic midfielder who put his skill and good speed and toughness together for some great looking goals and, arguably, made himself one of the most promising looking middies at this camp of young talented players. Parlette’s first goal saw him flash to the inside, catch the ball and bury it quickly. Another goal saw him use a wicked juke to his left to free himself up for a hard bounce shot. He later scored behind the back. Parlette managed to get his name in the mix with his nice display of offensive playmaking. His unofficial point totals according to our notes speak to a solid showing: Parlette put up three goals in his first game, a goal and an assist in his second and then another three goals in the next game.

Maverik Showtime 2020: Standouts, Photos, More | 3d Rising

Hopkins got a 2020 commit from Rochester yesterday. I thought to myself" wow, glad Cuse hasn't dove into 2020 yet. Hopefully the early commit trend will slow down." and here we are 1 day later.

Hopkins got a 2020 commit from Rochester yesterday. I thought to myself" wow, glad Cuse hasn't dove into 2020 yet. Hopefully the early commit trend will slow down." and here we are 1 day later.

We're late to the party.

Hopkins has 9 2020 commits already. UNC has 8.

I'm with you. Saw a few 2019's commit to Princeton recently too, and wondered, how a kid who is barely in HS, without any test scores, can commit to an Ivy league school. I get that sports are different, and I realize there is definitely a caveat in there that he has to do well to get accepted, but come on. Hopkins, UNC, UVA, aren't easy places to get into. Setting a bad precedent and in my opinion tough on the kids, should they not be able to make the grades.

i'd love to see these 2020's in person. I just can't believe it. that's a kid who just left 8th grade and will be a 9th grader in the fall.

We're late to the party.

Hopkins has 9 2020 commits already. UNC has 8.

There are 6 UNC 2020 commits just from 2 teams here in Md. My son plays for Looneys. Our top 2020 team has 3. Crabs has 3. Tell me that isnt a perfect example of the dangers of early recruiting. You have young kids infatuated with the National Championship win 2 months ago and all the early commits are going that way.

Boys lacrosse on the fly

Despite only two seniors in the starting lineup, inexperience has not played a factor this season, as freshmen attackman Christian Hofer led in shots on goal with 97 and midfielder Carter Parlette led in assists with 33 and overall points with 62.

Parlette, who played club lacrosse for Sweetlax Florida throughout middle school, was the first of three players on the team to commit to play college lacrosse, as he committed to Syracuse University on Aug. 10.

“Over the summer I played in big tournaments with my club team, so that’s where Syracuse noticed me,” Parlette said. “I felt prepared for high school lacrosse, but I still had to adjust to the bigger and older kids and the new system.”

Carter Parlette named to UA Underclass South Boys - Command Division roster.

I can't wait until these new recruiting rules go through.

Carter Parlette ‘20, M, Hagerty (Fla.) / SweetLax National
A tremendously athletic middie who’s confident shooting with either hand, the Syracuse commit was exceptional against LB3 and showcased why the Orange are so high on him. The lefty had a full-field behind-the-back transition feed, then later added a sweet skip pass on the man-up, and for good measure, tacked on a bar-down righty bomb. Not bad at all, and he also earned some love from onlookers for his defensive play.

Notes On The 2019 & 2020 Standouts From Saturday’s Terp Classic

Carter Parlette ’20, M, Ponte Vedra (Fla.)
The more I watch Parlette, the more I realize that he will likely become the best pure midfielder out of Florida in the eight years that I’ve been doing this. He’s just incredibly fluid across the board, playing both ways, flying up and down the field with his motor and quicks, and stinging beautiful shots into the corners. While he could certainly bulk up in the next few years to prep for Syracuse, Parlette is extremely effective at this level, especially in transition.

Taking A Look At The Top Players At The Future Phenoms College Combine In Florida

Main Event 2020 Preview, Part II

SweetLax Florida
Top commits

Carter Parlette, midfield, Ponte Vedra (Fla.) - Syracuse
Ben Hull, attack, Kennesaw Mountain (Ga.) - Michigan
Kaden Brothers, defense, St. Edward’s (Fla.) - Johns Hopkins
Marcelo Arteaga, midfield, Gulliver (Fla.) - Johns Hopkins
Dylan Hess, midfield, Ponte Vedra (Fla.) - Navy

Parlette playing on ESPN3 now for Sweetlax 2020 National against 91 Crush

Forum statistics

Threads
Members