Class of 2021 - Casey Mulligan (NJ: Manasquan) Mid / Flipped to Penn | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 Casey Mulligan (NJ: Manasquan) Mid / Flipped to Penn

illestcuse

All Conference
1824D066-6100-4942-B96F-79760A879796.jpeg

Real nice pickup, that's two 4 star middies in less then a month and I think 3 this fall since we all noted we were short on middies. Great sign to see SU be so proactive, now just gotta keep these dudes committed.

Probably get yelled at for asking this question on this thread, but in light of Liams comment above, could we see the transition from Desko to March as HC in a few years, should this all go to plan? Might depend on how successful Galloway is down south.

If this season goes well, I would like to keep the current staff as is for awhile.

March has definitely been that recruiting force this staff has desperately desperately needed. His influence and recruiting ability is really clear. With the issues the fball and bball team are having, it's been a massive relief to see the lax team taking care of business.

Would still like to see a five star stud in this class, but plenty of these guys clearly have potential. These last two middies are my favorites so far. If they continue to improve they will have a chance to play right out of the gate due to the obscene amount of middies we are losing in 2 years. Good to see we are properly preparing for that fateful day.

As scary as that day will be, Dordevic, Scanlan, Hiltz, Cook, and some variation of the Kim twins, Magnan, Birtwhistle, etc. is still a formidable starting lineup on offense.

Probably get yelled at for asking this question on this thread, but in light of Liams comment above, could we see the transition from Desko to March as HC in a few years, should this all go to plan? Might depend on how successful Galloway is down south.

No yelling, these discussions are what this forum is for!

I would say right now it's too early to judge March. I think we've seen some really good things, but we need to see a full season before we can determine if he's ready for the head coaching spot. The 15 goals against Denver is a really nice start, and picking up Hiltz late in the recruiting game is massive. But SU did lose to Lehigh in a game that didn't sound very competitive and while the recruiting has been solid, I don't think the Orange are going to rank up there with Hopkins, UVA and the others (and they did lose Torrado after March came on, FWIW).

If it all does go to plan and SU is successful the next few season, the interesting question to me, is who is better suited to fill the vacancy? Galloway has head coaching experience, but, while Jacksonville is not an easy place to win at, hasn't moved the needle that much. If March were to be promoted, it would be his first head coaching gig, and he's still pretty young (though Galloway is too). Galloway is an alum and March is not. Does that matter? I am not sure I have the answer. I think being in the organization, and having connections with the current players would be a big selling point, especially if the team is doing well. I think I would give the edge to March, but I'm not rock solid on that.

No yelling, these discussions are what this forum is for!

I would say right now it's too early to judge March. I think we've seen some really good things, but we need to see a full season before we can determine if he's ready for the head coaching spot. The 15 goals against Denver is a really nice start, and picking up Hiltz late in the recruiting game is massive. But SU did lose to Lehigh in a game that didn't sound very competitive and while the recruiting has been solid, I don't think the Orange are going to rank up there with Hopkins, UVA and the others (and they did lose Torrado after March came on, FWIW).

If it all does go to plan and SU is successful the next few season, the interesting question to me, is who is better suited to fill the vacancy? Galloway has head coaching experience, but, while Jacksonville is not an easy place to win at, hasn't moved the needle that much. If March were to be promoted, it would be his first head coaching gig, and he's still pretty young (though Galloway is too). Galloway is an alum and March is not. Does that matter? I am not sure I have the answer. I think being in the organization, and having connections with the current players would be a big selling point, especially if the team is doing well. I think I would give the edge to March, but I'm not rock solid on that.

When March was hired, was he told that he'd be considered for HC down the road?

Would he be willing to stay on as an asst under Galloway?

When March was hired, was he told that he'd be considered for HC down the road?

Would he be willing to stay on as an asst under Galloway?

Good questions. I don't know if March was led to beleive anything, but I wonder if part of the reason he decided to take the job was that he saw Desko was getting up in years, and the SU position would probably be open. The Princeton coach on the other hand is a lot younger.

I think March staying to coach under Galloway would depend heavily on his other prospects. Have to think his ultimate goal is to be a head coach someday, and he and Galloway being the same age would put him in the same spot he was in at Princeton.

Good questions. I don't know if March was led to beleive anything, but I wonder if part of the reason he decided to take the job was that he saw Desko was getting up in years, and the SU position would probably be open. The Princeton coach on the other hand is a lot younger.

I think March staying to coach under Galloway would depend heavily on his other prospects. Have to think his ultimate goal is to be a head coach someday, and he and Galloway being the same age would put him in the same spot he was in at Princeton.

I am nearly certain that was apart of the conversation when he was brought on board. No guarantees but it was discussed from what I was told and one of the reasons he came here.

Rob Mulligan chimes in - Casey is his cousin. Not sure his relation to Bandito Bart -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom