Class of 2020 - New Commit: Drew Snyder (FL: IMG) A/M | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 New Commit: Drew Snyder (FL: IMG) A/M

Drew Snyder, Midfield, IMG Academy (Fla.)/Echelon Rise, 2020

Snyder shined at the 3d Blue Chip Mid-Atlantic Camp as a slick, skilled midfielder who already has an assortment of hybrid talents in his arsenal as a dodger who can do a lot of different things. Compact, balanced, coordinated and very confident with the stick, Snyder repeatedly pulled off impressive moves on a high percentage of his touches, showing great control over his body as he dodged. The lefty’s style seemed and looked Canadian. He grabbed several ground balls off the wing and was crafty through traffic; one play on the sideline saw him stop on a dime, shift the stick and spin his body to evade two defenders and then very smoothly spin out of the whole thing with the stick protected in one hand. Then he took the ball right into the box to initiate. He was nasty with the stick when dodging, even if he set himself up to keep it in his left a few times. He did that beautifully for goal, using a face dodge to beat the man down the alley, keeping it in his left but pulling back to sling a low-to-low skipper. He dodged to keep the stick in his inside hand repeatedly on either side, and he was a threat every time he had the ball because he showed range too, burying some shots further out with snap and velocity. It felt like he was always coming out of his dodges squared to the cage. He looked like he was even baiting the slide on some of his dodges, and he’d move the ball to open teammates; he used the lever pass numerous times too. Snyder showed a great sense for timing and anticipation on those passes. He scored on a leaner shot. He dodged with speed and with his head up. He showed the ability to make two and three moves and then still have his head up and pull his hands up for a quick shot. And his shots were pretty accurate too. He scored on a hitch-to-outside shot. He scored on gorgeous roll bak to his left and put a low angle low-to-low shot in the top right corner that was really something. He was one of the most exciting players to watch in this 2020 group throughout the five weekends.

Looks like a good get, needs some power but other than that I like what I see, the ride, the precision, and the shot on the run. Good stuff!

This kid has a rocket of a shot. Very impressed. Wouldn't be shocked if he's a top 10 recruit in his class

From early November event...

College Bound Series Delaware: Standouts | 3d Rising

Drew Snyder, Attack, IMG Academy (Fla.), 2020

Snyder is a thick, strong left-handed attackman with a great nose for the goal when dodging and a powerful shot that he can snap from long distances on the field and hit the corners. He has great compact stick protection, and quick footwork that he loves to use to explode to the middle of the field or to curl up over GLE to widen his shooting angle. His bull-like dodging into tight places and unselfish style of play creates a lot of openings for his teammates. Being a younger guy on a pretty stacked veteran-laden team, Snyder showed great confidence when he got his chances, sweeping hard to the middle of the field for one of his goals, and pulling a really nice inside roll move later on. Keep an eye out for him as the fall and spring rolls through and he gets a chance to get more into the mix for IMG Academy. He was covered by an older, Division I commit in a later game and he notched two goals.

@lacrosse @IMGAcademy @JoJoWAR_DRUMMER @cvock DrewSnyder IMG on visit to Syracuse University thanks coach Desko
His name is very familiar. Does he have any ties to the Syracuse area? The Drew I knoew lived in the JAX area

This just in: STX Rising DI East: Standouts
By 3d Rising Staff on Sun, 02/12/2017 - 12:29
STX Rising DI East: Standouts | 3d Rising

Drew Snyder, Midfield/Attack, IMG Academy (Fla.)/Echelon, 2020 - Syracuse

Snyder might have displayed the most talent of anyone in this group. The sturdy lefty has all of the tools to play at a very high level. He’s versatile, playing attack, midfield or even facing off. He can really shoot the ball with accuracy, range, and finish in many different ways including backhanded, behind the back, around the world, elevator – all of it. He has great hands and he’s very strong and powerful on his dodges and gets to the cage at will. As he continues to play with talented players in the spring, he’s going to develop more field sense and should become an impact player at IMG before too long. Shortly after the camp, Snyder verbally committed to Syracuse.

Attachments

• DSC_4206.JPG
    DSC_4206.JPG
    667.8 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC_4206.JPG
    DSC_4206.JPG
    667.8 KB · Views: 98
From last April...

I normally try not to reply on threads about recruits, but what the crap is this? Olé defense and how does the last slide not clobber him when he goes between the legs? I know he is committed to cuse, but he should have been looking out of his earhole after that shot on the crease. Who is teaching these kids lacrosse?

Old-timer rant over.

I normally try not to reply on threads about recruits, but what the crap is this? Olé defense and how does the last slide not clobber him when he goes between the legs? I know he is committed to cuse, but he should have been looking out of his earhole after that shot on the crease. Who is teaching these kids lacrosse?

Old-timer rant over.

LOL I thought the same thing. He should have been de-cleated by the kid sliding. But watch #80 again, that's hilarious.

Old-timer rant over.
FWIW, I'm pretty sure that's a JV game & IMG was most likely up by quite a bit. I definitely see where you're coming from though. If I'm a defenseman, I'm definitely taking offense (no pun intended ;)) to a player going between his legs like that.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure that's a JV game & IMG was most likely up by quite a bit. I definitely see where you're coming from though. If I'm a defenseman, I'm definitely taking offense (no pun intended ;)) to a player going between his legs like that.

It's an advertisement for Gatorade, not an actual game pic...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom