Class of 2017 - New Commit: Grant Murphy (TX) Defense | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 New Commit: Grant Murphy (TX) Defense

Big kid. I dont really see much from the highlights but he's a big kid.

Really like us taking an active recruiting stance in Texas. Definitely a hot bed for lax with tons of talent.

I'll preface by saying I am no lacrosse recruiting expert. The Woodlands did well in Texas last year, runner up for the state title. Saw Grant and the team play this weekend in Austin. He has size and can move. Very aggressive on defense and is smooth scooping up the ball and getting it where it needs to go. Agree with another poster. Good to have a Texas kid coming north. It's a growing sport down here.

#StickStarReport17: Division 1 Final 4 Preview. The Battle of the Undefeated.

Big time Matchup
Of course, when you think about ESD, the senior Duke bound Nakeie Montgomery is always in the discussion. A mature player, who won the title as a freshman has continued to evolve and improve every season. He’s the man and a tough cover. For the Woodlands, their neutralizer in the 2017 class is Syracuse bound Grant Murphy. Murphy and Montgomery are buddies off the field and have a mutual respect for each others game. Game recognizes game. All friendships aside, they are playing for a shot at the title in their senior season, so they’ll check that at the white lines. Both fierce competitors, exactly how this matchup plays out will be exciting. Both are patient, calculated, and will feel each other out early on. Arguably one of the best 1 v 1 matchups that could play out, it will be fun to watch.

Texas State Semi-Finals

Woodland's 23 game winning streak ends.

C_vgloXVYAADoG5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors