Class of 2018 - New Commit: Griffin Cook (NY:Jamesville-Dewitt) Attack Signed | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 New Commit: Griffin Cook (NY:Jamesville-Dewitt) Attack Signed

"Defenders beware this kid. Cook, all 5-foot-6, 140 pounds of him, can absolutely chew up defenders, regardless of size. Cook might be the most fearless attackman I saw at Showtime, as he shows absolutely no hesitancy in dodging into the belly of the beast from the wing or from X. He is tough as nails and can take hits, but still can get to his shots. Cook put on a show as the week wore on, producing several points in every game and showing incredible determination when he wants to go to the rack. He can get under checks and operate in small space. He can finish. And he will literally fight to no end for the ball. What is amazing about Cook is that the first time I saw him, I was impressed with his play as a goalie. Cook looks like a special player and I get fired up every time I watch him because it’s always exciting and he shows that hustle can be the most important factor to your game. He’s also an intelligent player and is unselfish. He left his feet several times on dodges and dives at the cage, and he scored on at least one of them. He scored a funky backhanded goal, catching it with his right on the opposite side of the cage and simply shoveling a shot with his back to the cage for a goal." - Casey Vock, Maverik Showtime, July 2015

http://3drising.com/profiles/griffin-cook

funny exchange in the youtube comments of this clip

Ed King 2 years ago
Im on the team he was playing im on desfense and his pocket was like 6 inches deep so hes not tht good

Griffin Cook 2 years ago
My pocket isn't illegal your just mad that I dusted your ass
No idea who Ed King is but that comment tells me he'll eventually play for Hopkins.

Griffin Cook, Attack, Jamesville-DeWitt (N.Y.)/Orange Crush, 2018 - Syracuse

Cook, who broke out last January at the 3d Blue Chip camp as a highly-skilled, tough and slippery attackman, returned to Blue Chip looking more physically impressive than last year, showing more muscle on his frame and even more of a physical approach than we saw last year. What might have stood out the most about Cook was that he displayed a natural ability to throw stair-step or zig-zag dodges into his takes. And because he can change direction so quickly, it made him a nightmare to cover as he can just keep doing it each time he touches the ball. But he is unselfish and was looking to make plays within the offense. He scored off a bunch of his dodges in rambunctious, 100-mile an hour fashion, but he also showed that he was always looking to feed. Evaluators were not sure if he was a righty or a lefty when all was said and done.

http://3drising.com/articles/recruiting/boys/3d-blue-chip-south-regional-camp-standouts

Cook off to a nice start of the season with 35 points through 7 games. Class of 2018 is LOADED.

We need creators who can play inside and in traffic. This is a weakness with this year's team.

Spoke to someone very connected to the local Section 3 lacrosse scene who is real big on Cook. A man amongst boys already who will be a top rated player by the time he is a Sr.