Class of 2018 - New Commit: Griffin Cook (NY:Jamesville-Dewitt) Attack Signed | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 New Commit: Griffin Cook (NY:Jamesville-Dewitt) Attack Signed

IMG_2003.JPG

IMG_2011.JPG

IMG_2012.JPG

Cook went down late in the game with an injury anyone know if he's ok?

Cook went down late in the game with an injury anyone know if he's ok?

Went down and play kept on for about 15 seconds and ref was standing right there.

Pair from Jamesville-DeWitt among boys lacrosse high school All-Americans

Jamesville-DeWitt attackmen Ryan Archer and Griffin Cook were among seven boys lacrosse players from Section III named as US Lacrosse high school All-Americans.

Each player was among the area's top scorers this past season, which for the Red Rams ended Saturday in a state Class C finals loss to Cold Spring Harbor. Archer had 71 goals and 76 assists and Cook, a junior, had 86 goals and 35 assists.

They are joined by Christian Brothers Academy midfielder Alex Calkins, who led the Brothers to a Class D state title on Saturday, Westhill's Casey Rogers, Auburn's Alex Burgmaster, Baldwinsville junior Peter Fiorini III, and Donovan Welsh of Fayetteville-Manlius.

Meet the 2017 All-CNY boys lacrosse team

cookjpg-e40ebd0fcd668297.jpg

Griffin Cook

Jamesville-DeWitt

Junior

Attack

Statistics: 86 goals, 35 assists for 121 points.

What's next: Syracuse University

Best moment of the season: Beating Victor in overtime.

Who inspires you? Conor Mcgregor because he is self made and out works his opponents.

Which teammate would be a serious contender on 'The Voice'? And what would her audition song be? Ryan Collins: The Weeknd - King of the Fall.

What's your most treasured piece of sports equipment? My shoulder pads because I've had the same pair since elementary school.

Describe your pregame routine: I put on my left sock first on game day and I always eat Wegmans before game.

Who's your favorite person to follow on Instagram? Sportscenter

NYSSWA boys lacrosse all-state team, 2017

Small schools

SECOND TEAM
Chris Gray Shore.-Wading River-11 Sr. Attack
Casey Rogers Westhill-3 Sr. Attack
Griffin Cook Jamesville-DeWitt-3 Jr. Attack
Taylor Strough Cold Spring Harbor-8 Sr. Midfielder
Ryan Aughavin North Shore-8 Sr. Midfielder
Hudson Miller Red Hook-9 Jr. Midfielder
Jack Mulvihill Jamesville-DeWitt-3 Sr. Midfielder
Joe Bartolotto Miller Place-11 Sr. Midfielder
Dylan Guarnieri Cold Spring Harbor-8 Sr. Defense
Bryce Saba Wayne-5 Sr. Defense
Louden Porter Canton-10 Sr. Defense
Matt Vavonese Syracuse CBA-3 Sr. Goalie

Remember, Cook was named top attackman at this event last year as a Junior. I'm very intrigued to watch his senior season dealing with the extra attention following Archer's graduation. Being a "one-man show" is something that Evans never had to do at JD (he was always surrounded by multiple D1 players) & it should give us an even better evaluation/expectation for Cook as a Frosh.

Just did some quick research, Cook is the only returner amongst JD's top 9 scorers from last year's 21-2 State Runner-Up. I'd expect, at minimum, a season long double team.

Last edited:
The softball team signed 4 kids today.

I know this because SU Softball sent out a dozen tweets.

SU LAX is silent. Must still be in quarantine.

The softball team signed 4 kids today.

I know this because SU Softball sent out a dozen tweets.

SU LAX is silent. Must still be in quarantine.

I think Desko likes it that way, outside of actual game highlights and PC's SU keeps just about everything else close to the vest. Don't know why but its always been like that. You can't even get SU to acknowledge the scrimmage opponents for jan/feb until like 3 day before.

I think Desko likes it that way, outside of actual game highlights and PC's SU keeps just about everything else close to the vest. Don't know why but its always been like that. You can't even get SU to acknowledge the scrimmage opponents for jan/feb until like 3 day before.

Look at the tweets PSU and UVA sent out today for their signees.

We have a JV social media team for LAX.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom