Class of 2018 - New Commit: Jack Kennedy (NJ) Defense Signed | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 New Commit: Jack Kennedy (NJ) Defense Signed

Saw Ridgewood play against Pingry last spring in the state tourney. Pingry won but Ridgewood had a very physical defense - wasn't there to watch anyone in particular so I can't say I paid attention to either of the Kennedys.

Saw Ridgewood play against Pingry last spring in the state tourney. Pingry won but Ridgewood had a very physical defense - wasn't there to watch anyone in particular so I can't say I paid attention to either of the Kennedys.
The older one would have been quickly noticed but he was out with injury and sorely missed. The frosh not in game but big and skilled

IMG_2207.JPG

Jack Kennedy, Defense, Ridgewood (N.J.)/NJ Riot

Kennedy is a big, strong working man’s defender from New Jersey and is a real challenge for a lot of attackman given his tough, physical play and ability to overwhelm with size, reach and jarring checks. He’s 6-foot-2, 190 pounds and plays perhaps even bigger because he’s active with his stick and seemingly eager to get after the ball on the turf. He came up with tough groundballs at Nike Blue Chip to show he’s not only a powerful on-ball defender, but able to help push the ball the other way.

Kennedy_0.jpg

Jack Kennedy, Defense, Ridgewood (N.J.)/New Jersey Riot, 2018

I’d been told to keep an eye on this young defender and my sources were correct. A big, strong and athletic defender, Kennedy is a major challenge to dodge against and rarely let anyone get a step on him. He’s a physical presence, standing about 6 feet tall or a little more. One thing that stood out was that his stick was very precise, especially in coming up with groundballs, which he racked up over the course of the day. The younger brother of future Syracuse defender Brett Kennedy looks varsity-ready right now, and he was one of the best pure backline defenders that I saw Saturday. In an early game, he calmly corralled a loose ball and ran up the field — he can move up the field with some speed — to make a crisp pass across his body to assist on the fastbreak goal. He is active with his stick, and I particularly liked his approach in that he didn’t give his matchup any time to think about how to attack him before he was already throwing checks and bumping him, which helped him put the ball on the turf a few times. He collected a bunch of groundballs throughout the day, made plenty of trips up the field and helped his team have one of the more stifling defenses Saturday.

Jack Kennedy, D, Ridgewood (N.J.) / NJ Riot has committed to Syracuse. Kennedy had a busy past summer, attending Nike Blue Chip, Fab Frosh, SweetLax Invitational, Liberty Bell Challenge, Best of the Best, MVP Towson, Champ Camp and UNC Team Camp. The 6’2, 190-pound defenseman also plays football and basketball, considering Rutgers, Richmond, Colgate, Army, Lehigh and Vermont before choosing the Orange, where older brother, Brett, will be signing next month.

http://recruitingrundown.com/2015/1...rtmouth-holy-cross-air-force-high-point-more/

Kennedy was a multi sport kid but been snakebit, he was sidelined a long time with that serious neck injury but was back starting at c/d for Ridgewood last year before suffering a concussion in early state game. I believed he was back playing for hs team this past summer. Wishing him good health, looking forward to his older brothers return to field as well

Kennedy was a multi sport kid but been snakebit, he was sidelined a long time with that serious neck injury but was back starting at c/d for Ridgewood last year before suffering a concussion in early state game. I believed he was back playing for hs team this past summer. Wishing him good health, looking forward to his older brothers return to field as well

Is he still on track to attend at SU?

Is Kennedy playing football this fall? His brother played basketball at Ridgewood if I remember correctly.